Newest promotions/Silver Spirits Package& discounts

deec

On 7/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, Selion said:

Is this promo only for past cruisers?  Looking to book Viking for the first time and it's not on their website anywhere.

It doesn’t say that. I would ask for the promo to be applied and see what happens. Since this is your first time On Viking, if you book directly with Viking (or if your TA doesn’t offer the max OBC Viking allows in addition to the OBC provided by this promo) then you should find an agent that does. If booked directly with Viking, you have up to 30 days to move the booking.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Given you can cancel at anytime and get a voucher worth the value of your cruise, it would be worth my time to call Viking and ask.  If I said, I think I’ll just cancel then and rebook using the cruise voucher seems to me they ought to let you have this deal.  Of course you need to check and be sure that the new fare isn’t higher than what you’re booked into.

Thanks, Clay.  I will call and ask.  The price is the same but it changes my paid in full date to November 30 (right now it is December 31).

Thanks Clay!  I used the chat function on Viking's site and they were able to apply the promo to my existing reservation.  Just received the confirmation and my final payment date is still Dec 31, 2020.

Now it got me thinking.  Perhaps I should book in DV category seeing it's only $200pp more and I can get an aft balcony room...

To Jersey Mom...

If you sail with Viking previously and you booked another cruise last month then you likely received a double past guest discount.  If you re-book now, you will lose that discount because it's not offered in July.

Also, if they make you cancel and then re-book, the voucher for your deposit will take upwards of 14 days to be created.  I assume you might then be able to use it for final payment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Given you can cancel at anytime and get a voucher worth the value of your cruise, it would be worth my time to call Viking and ask.  If I said, I think I’ll just cancel then and rebook using the cruise voucher seems to me they ought to let you have this deal.  Of course you need to check and be sure that the new fare isn’t higher than what you’re booked into.

19 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We are booked on a cruise May 20,2021 and I called our TA to inquire if we can just cancel that booking with their new cancellation policy and rebook to get this promo.  Our TA called Viking to explore that possibility and was told if we do that, she will lose ALL of her commission.  That said, she wouldn't be able to offer the OBC that is currently in place. Seems unfair to our great TA and would leave us not much better off so we will leave the booking as it stands. 

The crazy stuff that TA's will tell you.

If you cancel and re-book, how is any TA losing a commission?  You are, after all, re-booking a cruise.

You need to reevaluate your "great" TA.

My TA was assisting me cancel and re-book.  I thought this promo applied to 2020.  It doesn't, so my TA had Viking restore my booking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeyB said:

The crazy stuff that TA's will tell you.

If you cancel and re-book, how is any TA losing a commission?  You are, after all, re-booking a cruise.

You need to reevaluate your "great" TA.

My TA was assisting me cancel and re-book.  I thought this promo applied to 2020.  It doesn't, so my TA had Viking restore my booking.

Thanks for the info - hate to think our TA is not being truthful.  I think a call to Viking might in order.  We've used this TA for years but I will not continue if she isn't being up-front with me.  Thanks

On 7/7/2020 at 11:45 AM, Selion said:

Thanks Clay!  I used the chat function on Viking's site and they were able to apply the promo to my existing reservation.  Just received the confirmation and my final payment date is still Dec 31, 2020.

Now it got me thinking.  Perhaps I should book in DV category seeing it's only $200pp more and I can get an aft balcony room...

Hmmm, I wouldn’t pay $200 pp to move to a DV but If it was an aft facing balcony overlooking the wake I might!  

Please feel free to show your appreciation for my suggestion by booking me aboard also!  Let me know if you need my passport number!  LOL. 

On 7/7/2020 at 11:00 AM, JerseyMom said:

Thanks, Clay.  I will call and ask.  The price is the same but it changes my paid in full date to November 30 (right now it is December 31).

Welcome.  Just paying it forward.  

Seems to me that I would be willing to give up my money a month early for free drinks. 🥂

9 hours ago, cliffdweller said:

We are booked on a cruise May 20,2021 and I called our TA to inquire if we can just cancel that booking with their new cancellation policy and rebook to get this promo.  Our TA called Viking to explore that possibility and was told if we do that, she will lose ALL of her commission.  That said, she wouldn't be able to offer the OBC that is currently in place. Seems unfair to our great TA and would leave us not much better off so we will leave the booking as it stands. 

That is crappy.  Sorry to hear. 

3 hours ago, cliffdweller said:

Thanks for the info - hate to think our TA is not being truthful.  I think a call to Viking might in order.  We've used this TA for years but I will not continue if she isn't being up-front with me.  Thanks

Worth a phone call.  And if you aren’t getting the full OBC Viking allows, then definitely worth changing TAs.  My understanding the max allowable is $300 per person on a 14 day or less and $500 pp on a 15 day or longer.  We use this money from our TA to pay gratuities and have enough left over to generally cover any drinks we buy aboard.  We typically carry on a bottle of gin and ask the drink attendant to load our refrigerator 1/2 with tonic and 1/2 with CokeZero.  Then once every few days while passing a bar, I’ll ask for some lime wedges.  Voila! Room service drinks! LOL

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Worth a phone call.  And if you aren’t getting the full OBC Viking allows, then definitely worth changing TAs.  My understanding the max allowable is $300 per person on a 14 day or less and $500 pp on a 15 day or longer.  We use this money from our TA to pay gratuities and have enough left over to generally cover any drinks we buy aboard.  We typically carry on a bottle of gin and ask the drink attendant to load our refrigerator 1/2 with tonic and 1/2 with CokeZero.  Then once every few days while passing a bar, I’ll ask for some lime wedges.  Voila! Room service drinks! LOL

12 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks again.  I did call Viking and there doesn't seem to be any way around the fact that we booked with a TA who is telling us what works for her.  I totally understand that they can't discuss arrangements that they have with TA's so we may be at a stalemate on this cruise but I definitely think and change of TA may be needed.  Your info on the OBC was very enlightening.  Our cruise is 15 days and she is giving us a total of $400 - certainly less than the $500 each which is allowed.  We have until next May so I will be exploring other possibilities.  If you don't mind I may email you for the name of your TA.  

These boards are great for helping us all get the most of our cruising experience. 

30 minutes ago, cliffdweller said:

Thanks again.  I did call Viking and there doesn't seem to be any way around the fact that we booked with a TA who is telling us what works for her.  I totally understand that they can't discuss arrangements that they have with TA's so we may be at a stalemate on this cruise but I definitely think and change of TA may be needed.  Your info on the OBC was very enlightening.  Our cruise is 15 days and she is giving us a total of $400 - certainly less than the $500 each which is allowed.  We have until next May so I will be exploring other possibilities.  If you don't mind I may email you for the name of your TA.  

These boards are great for helping us all get the most of our cruising experience. 

Sure. BigNCBear@aol.com

I talk to our TA and it was kind of a mix when she talked with Viking.  If we moved the booking date we were able to get the ship credit assigned.   The insurance was able to transfer with it.

However if we wanted the Beverage Package additionin the promo that was for new bookings only.  We would have to cancel and rebook and that the insurance would not follow in that path.

So we moved it from June to July and got the ship credit.  Was she lying to us, I don't think so but I do feel she is not quite the pro and it sounds like a lot of her senior associates have retired/laid off in her company given the times.

Wow, this may be too complicated for us "older" folk!!

First, Clay, thank you.  I will be in touch.  

Our insurance is with Travel Insured International and our TA was able to move it from our original sail date this October to our new date in May so I am hopeful that will not be impacted should we change TAs.  

This will be our 7th Viking cruise and they have always treated us well.  This is such a challenging time for us all I am willing to cut some slack, but not for dishonesty.  

Stay tuned and stay safe.

• Like 1

We just received a quote for that South Atlantic crossing (Buenos Aires to BCN) and it shows several discounts plus a $ 750 OBC per person! We are very tempted. It will be our second try to get to Barcelona with Viking.

I have no idea how we will spend that OBC unless my wife can use it at the jewelry store.

On 'My Viking Journey' under 'Payments and Cart' is the following statement: 

"Available Vouchers and Credits
Vouchers and Shipboard Credits will be automatically applied to your purchases of excursions, beverage package, and prepaid gratuities. These must be used before your journey begins."

So, at least in our case, it would appear that we have to use the OBC/SBC before the cruise. No jewelry store for us.

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Hmmm, I wouldn’t pay $200 pp to move to a DV but If it was an aft facing balcony overlooking the wake I might!  

Please feel free to show your appreciation for my suggestion by booking me aboard also!  Let me know if you need my passport number!  LOL. 

I'm a sucker for wake view, so I did upgrade to a DV1 cabin.  Without the promo code, that wake view price tag is pretty hard to swallow.

• Like 1

Hello,  anyone remembers the code from Viking's July brochure?  DH didn't notice and threw several magazines together with V. brochure 😱 We are planning to book and I would like to use this code.

BTW, July 4th promotion extended until July 15th.

Promotion code is JUL4.  We were able to “rebook” two long cruises (Pacific Treasures and Southern Crossing) to get the additional OBC and Silver Spirits pkg.  Ended up saving money as the Pacific cruise is 21 days so the SS pkg was over $1,500.  The additional Obc will cover gratuities and our TA gives $1,000 in OBC too.  We also did the same for a shorter cruise—going down a category and using the “free upgrade” to get back where we were plus SS and OBC.  Able to get same preferred cabin as Viking was quick to cancel out.  All around a win.

• Like 1

I received a mail offer for  double past guest discount plus up to $1500 per couple on board credit. Good through July 31.  This included the Mississippi sailings for 2023.  We decided to book the longer Mississippi cruise for October, 2023.  However, Viking would not move off the cruise had to be paid in full by the end of this year, even though we are past cruisers on both Ocean and River, and have always been able to negotiate for 6 months prior to sailing.  In this case I would have even agreed to a year prior to sailing, but I was not willing to have over $30,000 tied up for almost three years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRH said:

Promotion code is JUL4.  We were able to “rebook” two long cruises (Pacific Treasures and Southern Crossing) to get the additional OBC and Silver Spirits pkg.  Ended up saving money as the Pacific cruise is 21 days so the SS pkg was over $1,500.  The additional Obc will cover gratuities and our TA gives $1,000 in OBC too.  We also did the same for a shorter cruise—going down a category and using the “free upgrade” to get back where we were plus SS and OBC.  Able to get same preferred cabin as Viking was quick to cancel out.  All around a win.

Thank you PRH but I was asking for another one that is good for the whole July. That code was in the Viking brochure for July.

The only thing I remember it starts with S and ends with 1 😞