Just cancel food/bev packages to get refund?

Stupid question and yes, I know, there are not stupid questions.  Chances are 99% that we are not going to go on our after Thanksgiving cruise.  We've booked beverage and the all specialty restaurant packages.  Does just cancelling the package on Royal's website automatically initiate the refund?  And, yes, I do realize they are taking forever.  The packages are cheaper now than when we purchased but we won't re-purchase anytime soon even if we were going.

2 minutes ago, FSUNole said:

Stupid question and yes, I know, there are not stupid questions.  Chances are 99% that we are not going to go on our after Thanksgiving cruise.  We've booked beverage and the all specialty restaurant packages.  Does just cancelling the package on Royal's website automatically initiate the refund?  And, yes, I do realize they are taking forever.  The packages are cheaper now than when we purchased but we won't re-purchase anytime soon even if we were going.

Yes it does

• Like 1

We recently lifted and shifted but canceled our beverage package via Royal’s website before doing so and was very surprised to receive the refund in less than a week.

I lied, I double checked. I canceled 6/19 and received refund 6/29. Either way it was much better than the 3 months I waited for my canceled May cruise. This round was for a September cruise that I decided to lift and shift before Royal announced its next round of cancellations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I canceled from the cruise planner section of the website the shore excursions, beverage packages, and internet packages in April when we knew we would not be able to go in June and the refund appeared on the next credit card statement.  

9 hours ago, vegas7df said:

I canceled my cruise planner items and received a refund in about 7 days. 

Same here.  My cruise refund took 90 days but I got the cruise planner refunds right away. 

On 7/5/2020 at 7:52 AM, klfrodo said:

I cancelled my beverage packages back on April 4th. I still haven't received my refund. Spoke with a rep on June 24th.

Refunds posted today 6 July.

93 days from cancellation to refund posted.

I wonder if a massive wave of refunds went out this week (sounds like people who canceled months ago are now getting cash at the same time those who canceled weeks ago did) because it’s the beginning of a new fiscal quarter? 🤔

Gotta preserve that balance sheet at quarter-end and this is the first full quarter experienced across the industry since the shut down began. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:24 AM, FSUNole said:

As others have said, yes it does, but if you plan to book another cruise at a later date, you might want to wait to see if the cruise gets cancelled, in which case you may be offered the choice of either a refund or 125% OBC.  Our cruise was cancelled on June 23rd and this was offered for all cruises cancelled on that date.  We had drinks packages, photos, excursions, specialty dining, etc. all of which will be transferred to 125% OBC which we can use to buy those same things for our replacement cruise next September.  The extra 25% can add up to several hundred $$ more for you to spend if you're able to repurchase the same items at the same prices you originally paid, more if you can catch a good sale and get them for even less.

Edited by Sandman799

On 7/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, watson61 said:

Same here.  My cruise refund took 90 days but I got the cruise planner refunds right away. 

Same situation here as well.  Cruise Planner purchases were refunded within two weeks. Cancelled our Cruise Planner purchases prior to cancelling the cruise.

Royal had not cancelled our cruise when we cancelled, but was offering the Cruise with Confidence program for an FCC. We received the FCC in about a month.  Our cruise taxes refund took 90+ days. Got it, so that's what counts!

On 7/5/2020 at 10:24 AM, FSUNole said:

Yes, cancel on web page, refund will be issued.  No, I think when the entire cruise is canceled, it goes into a different department to process, but if you do it on line, it is pretty much normal process.  About 10 days.  I have bought and canceled a few things, with no issues.  Are you 99% sure Royal will cancel or are you 99% sure you want to cancel.  If it is because you think Royal will cancel, and you still want to go, than wait for the refund.  You can get 125% OBC instead on a future cruise, so a little extra money for you, unless of course you really want the refund.