We WILL be cruising again!

Aldeya

40 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Hello Captain Wonderful, This is a happy place, videos and memories of happy times cruising. This thread is for happy people who want to look back and forward to happy times while vacationing and cruising. Take your vibe kill, unhappy demeanor, and your negativity to another bridge under which you can live and to troll from, there are plenty other Places to spread your negativity on here. 

Go talk about vaccines and E.U. policies and all that somewhere else. This isn’t the place.  I was happy to see this thread, it made me smile and it should stay that way. 

Thank you! Those who want to discuss vaccines, masks, etc. please start your own thread or contribute to many other threads on the board.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mamkmm2 said:

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus. It is the nature of the type of virus it is. Additionally with showing significant mutation abilities a vaccine may not be possible or effective for all clades at the same time.  Even assuming an effective vaccine it will take years to fully implement. 

I expect some cruise lines to go bankrupt prior to the end of 2021, at least one of them being a major line. 

Given current insistence on the use of the inefficient suppression method of virus control, I doubt the EU governing body is going to back off. That is wishful thinking. I am not singling them out. The CDC is every bit as obtuse in this regard. 

Negative Nancy Theres No Hope GIF - NegativeNancy TheresNoHope Hopeless GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Aldeya said:

There are plenty negative posts on this board already.  We need a little "happy" to get us through tough times.

Let's keep THIS thread uplifting and positive. 

I wouldn't mind being on a NCL cruise ship with the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 6:20 PM, Aldeya said:

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed watching it and seeing familiar faces we have met on board made it even happier!
Thank you for spreading cheer.

Looking forward to sharing more smiles with you.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:57 PM, farmersfight said:

I wouldn't mind being on a NCL cruise ship with the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders...

Saw a Loveboat last week which had the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders on board.  Of course that was 40 years ago.

33 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Saw a Loveboat last week which had the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders on board.  Of course that was 40 years ago.

We saw that episode a couple of weeks ago too! DH bought a series of CDs (very hard to find) through some years and one of the two new ones had this.

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

We saw that episode a couple of weeks ago too! DH bought a series of CDs (very hard to find) through some years and one of the two new ones had this.

Channel 2 on our RCN cable, the ME TV network out of Delaware, plays a Loveboat every Sunday at 6 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mugtech said:

20 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

15 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Channel 2 on our RCN cable, the ME TV network out of Delaware, plays a Loveboat every Sunday at 6 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

It's kind of sad that the closest thing we have to cruising is watching reruns of Loveboat and the closest thing we have to NFL football is seeing NFL cheerleaders on a  Loveboat episode (and on cruise music videos posted here on CC).

I guess we also have old cruise reviews and photos posted here on CC as well.

My favorite NCL theme song is the "Let's Go" -- makes me think of sailing once again!  You know you miss cruising when your reminisce cruise theme songs....

Edited by xcell
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I guess we also have old cruise reviews and photos posted here on CC as well.

I always read those! Even in normal times.

Try some from Mitsugirly, SHadowmeBoy, APDMOM, Singalot (?) (sorry I forgot the other posters' names ) for some really good ones. CAUTION: Very Addictive and you may get glue to your screen.😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Try some from Mitsugirly, SHadowmeBoy, APDMOM, Singalot (?) (sorry I forgot the other posters' names ) for some really good ones. CAUTION: Very Addictive and you may get glue to your screen.😁

Hi Arzeena, yeah Mitsugirly and ShadowmeBoy look familiar - I think I've read their reviews before. Haven't seen any APDMOM or Singalot reviews (yet).

Thanks for the CAUTION. I agree, these can be very addictive. So are Danny's full ship reviews on H_ rr Travel's YouTube channel. I also like ship video's or documentaries about ships (I love ships) posted on YouTube. Also very addictive...

• Like 1

Happened to be flipping through TV channels this weekend and there was a movie on Lifetime "Anniversary Nightmare" which  takes place in Hawaii. Out on the ocean there was the POA, such a great thing to see.  I screamed out loud.  Hopefully one day that will be reality again. 

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

And don't forget the dougout reviews.  there's also an old hysterical review of the Dream in South America by sailorjack

• Like 1

I have to admit:  I bounced, smiled and cried during the Happy video.  I love the song anyway, but it felt so good to see people dancing, smiling, moving and grooving WITHOUT A MASK AND GLOVES.  These past four months have been so grim and has taken its toll on the world.  Even though this is an old video, it really lifted my spirits - thank you for posting it, OP.

People just want to be happy again.  People want to cruise again.  One day . . . . one day.

• Like 3

Thank you for posting these videos.  I reminds me of what I am missing.  Was booked to Bermuda out of Boston but that probably will be cancelled.  Looking forward to January on the Escape.  Still holding out hope for that one. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, xcell said:

My favorite NCL theme song is the "Let's Go" -- makes me think of sailing once again!  You know you miss cruising when your reminisce cruise theme songs....

My favorite as well! I have used that as my ringtone on my phone for years!

1 hour ago, Red-Sol said:

My favorite as well! I have used that as my ringtone on my phone for years!

Hello Joe, hope you are well and good. Seen your post after a long time.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hello Joe, hope you are well and good. Seen your post after a long time.

Hi Arzeena!

All is well here and I hope for the same for you and your family as well! Very stressful times we are living through...and hope and pray for better days ahead. We don't have any future cruises booked at this point..and won't until we understand what the rules and requirements might be....still watching and hoping though!

Stay safe!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:38 AM, xcell said:

I found and copied this from a post from over 6 years ago. (I needed to find it so I could grab a couple of those mp3's for ringtones) Personally the 2 I like and use are:

Let's Go! Original

And:

Ultimate Caribbean (Which I am now currently using on my phone)

Let's Go

Let's Go! Original

Let's Go! Club Remix

Let's Go! Lounge Remix

Let's Go! Reggae Remix

Ultimate Caribbean

Ultimate Caribbean

Just thought some of you might like those as much as I do

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 3:30 PM, farmersfight said:

It's kind of sad that the closest thing we have to cruising is watching reruns of Loveboat and the closest thing we have to NFL football is seeing NFL cheerleaders on a  Loveboat episode (and on cruise music videos posted here on CC).

LOL

3 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

I found and copied this from a post from over 6 years ago. (I needed to find it so I could grab a couple of those mp3's for ringtones) Personally the 2 I like and use are:

Let's Go! Original

And:

Ultimate Caribbean (Which I am now currently using on my phone)

I don't know, kind of hard to beat Carnival's Kathie Lee Gifford from the mid-80's (video takes a minute to load):

Just kiddding...

I like Ultimate Caribbean the best. Don't blame you for for currently using it on your phone.

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1