Refundable Deposit Cost is now Excessive

19 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Yep.  I'm amazed at how many people seem to be sending them money.

Agree 100%.  I haven't seen any deals good enough for me to send them more money before I know what cruising will look like if it resumes and if the cruise lines will survive.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Agree 100%.  I haven't seen any deals good enough for me to send them more money before I know what cruising will look like if it resumes and if the cruise lines will survive.  

I can't say the same.  I have found several deals to L and S to the end of next year and into 2022.  An OS on the Harmony for under $2900 for example.  Solo balcony 4 nights on the Mariner for $400 total

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I can't say the same.  I have found several deals to L and S to the end of next year and into 2022.  An OS on the Harmony for under $2900 for example.  Solo balcony 4 nights on the Mariner for $400 total

Aren't L&S existing bookings that don't require more money?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I thought all suites GS and up are NRD only?

20 hours ago, twangster said:

We both know not to state absolutes with Royal 🙂

Certain Suites are known to be available refundable.  Few and far between.

1934946853_UPSRefundable.thumb.jpeg.b367947113046ce498b51de5941278f7.jpeg

17 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I thought all Suite deposits were NRD. At least that's been my experience. 

I haven’t seen a ship or a sail date yet that TA’s can’t book a suite as non refundable....the catch is that the cost per person is usually 50% more per person than non refundable.

Booking it that way from the start, thinking that once you firmed up your dates would be as much of a gamble as booking it NRD to begin with as the price of the NRD could easily rise.  It’s really only good for holding a cabin for a short period of time like Twangster did. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

You said L&S.  Then said new bookings.  ???

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

You said L&S.  Then said new bookings.  ???

That's right. Lift and shift can be done with any bookings made and shifted before Aug 1.  I found and also my great TA found some well priced cruises, we booked them and then shifted them (to different ships ) and to the end of next year and also 2022

Edited by molly361

25 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If they are new how are they L&S?

I made a new reservation for the Navigator for November 2020  then L & S it to the Mariner for November 2021.  Made  another new one for the Jewel for January 2021 then my TA shifted it to the Harmony January 2022

Edited by molly361

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I made a new reservation for the Navigator for November 2020  then L & S it to the Mariner for November 2021.  Made  another new one for the Jewel for January 2021 then my TA shifted it to the Harmony January 2022

I'm trying to L&S a booking I've had since Dec '18.  My TA was originally told by Royal that you can't L&S until in penalty.  I told her that plenty of CC'ers say otherwise and have done so 😜  and she went back to them and was able to put through my request.  This was over 24 hours ago and I still have my original booking in my online account though.  

I think the deals were better before the loss of the August/September itineraries for those that are interested in new bookings to move to 2021.   

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

My TA was originally told by Royal that you can't L&S until in penalty.  I told her that plenty of CC'ers say otherwise and have done so 😜  and she went back to them and was able to put through my request.  This was over 24 hours ago and I still have my original booking in my online account though.  

I think the deals were better before the loss of the August/September itineraries.  I'm trying to L&S a booking I've had since Dec '18.  

None of mine were past final payment date.  Good luck

• Thanks 1