Safe Cruising Panel Appointed

nordski

In an apparently cooperative move with Norwegian, Royal Caribbean has created a committee to make suggestions as to how cruising can safely recommence.

I post the link here for those who don't receive e-mails from Azamara.

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/166698?.intl=ca&.partner=rogers-acs&.lang=en-CA

Edited by nordski

22 minutes ago, nordski said:

In an apparently cooperative move with Norwegian, Royal Caribbean has created a committee to make suggestions as to how cruising can safely recommence.

I post the link here for those who don't receive e-mails from Azamara.

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/166698?.intl=ca&.partner=rogers-acs&.lang=en-CA

I got the email. Will be interesting to see what develops 

I got the email too. It’s good to see that the panel includes Patrick Dahlgren, formerly the Captain of the Oasis - someone who has practical experience of life onboard a cruise ship. I also hope that the panel consult others with such experience about any recommendations that they come up with - people such as the Captains of various size ships, and some Hotel Directors too. Any recommendations must be manageable onboard,  or they won’t be properly observed.

• Like 2

Safe cruising, the way I see it, is cruising with a nice ambulance unit on board and taking care of garbage on board in time. I mean, no matter what you do, no kind of super-technological system will work and not allowe a sick person to get on board. Safety measures should be discussed in full and a certain conclusion should be made in a very near time. We need to start traveling again 

55 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I got the email too. It’s good to see that the panel includes Patrick Dahlgren, formerly the Captain of the Oasis - someone who has practical experience of life onboard a cruise ship. I also hope that the panel consult others with such experience about any recommendations that they come up with - people such as the Captains of various size ships, and some Hotel Directors too. Any recommendations must be manageable onboard,  or they won’t be properly observed.

Agree, it’s a very US centric group (though I recognise why) so I hope global considerations are high on their agenda as well.  It’s very hard to see how travel can open up when different countries apply very different standards for day to day life. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

I did not get the email.

Thank you, cruisingator2, for your link!  It does appear that Azamara and Celebrity are represented on the panel, and even though perceived as "US centric," I believe Azamara's CEO is on the right track.  From the link:

"Added Carol Cabezas, vice president and COO, Azamara: “The work of the panel will be open-sourced … available to anyone that needs it at no cost.”

She added the panel’s work may be helpful to land-based entities from spas to hotels and restaurants.

"We have to think about the destinations as well, we are working very closely with governments and ports we visit all over the globe to establish plans and protocols for the safe resumption of cruising,” said Cabezas, adding that extends to tour operator partners to make sure a safe experience continues from ship to shore.

“The goal is to create an environment that mitigates risk to the greatest extent possible while the virus is (still) a threat.”