The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Would you have your laundry done here? Just asking.

Keith

DSCN1759.thumb.jpeg.23288a695bb027eed1901c32f2e05721.jpeg

At least it looks like they separated the colored cloths from the whites, so the colors don't run.😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I  have no sunrise for May 6 so this is May 7.  It is from 2015 on a Crystal Serenity transatlantic from Miami to Lisbon.  That morning Serenity arrived in Bermuda.

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I  have no sunrise for May 6 so this is May 7.  It is from 2015 on a Crystal Serenity transatlantic from Miami to Lisbon.  That morning Serenity arrived in Bermuda.

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

It was a great cruise 

Nancy

• Like 1

Eight years ago today we enjoyed time in Bermuda. A number of you from CC were on that cruise.  First time visiting Bermuda with Crystal.  Visited there twice in the 1990's with Celebrity, visited there on business and spent a wonderful honeymoon there.  

First time there we made our way around the island on Mopeds. On those Celebrity cruises kids were with us so we utilized bus and taxi.  My return on business led a pack of business colleagues on mopeds but by 2015 no more mopeds.  Instead we did a private tour.  

Keith

DSC_3336.jpeg.7f470a90d809a2e7320d9e83acb75e57.jpegDSC_3344.jpeg.605baa712bec0981406b75fc3aa54806.jpegDSC_3342.jpeg.3917f0c2fd0ed67715b6bef92b895f09.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2017 Crystal Symphony voyage from San Diego to New York.  On May 7 we visited San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. 

dusk0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

I have been remiss in not mentioning that a couple weeks ago I scored our first and only Shad roe of the season, a favorite of OLoPP's.

Now, as I may have mentioned before, raw Shad roe looks like the devil's own liver.  Cook it down, and you've just got this grey mass.  I won't touch the stuff but it's important to keep the Chez's most regular regular happy.  So the dining room was content that night.

Then yesterday we shopped at a new joint called the "Organic Butcher of Bethesda."  Yeah, I know, I had my doubts, but they were recommended by one of OLoPP's co-workers.  It's an impressive little store(their second location after one in NoVA.)  Very boojie, so felt right at home.  Picked up a nice rib eye that went on the grill last night.  But the real highlight is the U10 dry sea scallops they sold me. Sweet, clean, fresh, tasting of the sea. Any joint that can sell me a good steak and to-die-for scallops in one stop gets my business.

Anyway, it was another good Saturday night at the Chez.   

Our seas are fair and our winds are following.

• Like 3

Four years ago while touring around Vienna, Austria before Crystal Mozart Cruise.

IMG_6500.jpeg.93325ccd9767ae680dfee5568ecc2a10.jpeg

Out on a run yesterday and I had to stop for a moment to say a quickly hello to these fellas. There was actually a six but she wouldn't joint the these five for a group photo. Maybe she's a bit shy.

Keith

IMG_1848.jpeg.66872e562693616244c31fe4c23c7245.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Today's sunrise is from a 2019 combination, Nieuw Statendam Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam, and then Cunard QE/QM2 Kiel to New York.  May 8 was a free day in Kiel before boarding Queen Victoria on May 9.

dawn0508.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Last full day in Vienna, Austria before boarding Crystal Mozart four years ago.

Love the city, food and drink.  Now should I say drink food city.  Or Food, City, Drink.  Whatever.  🤫

Keith

IMG_6532.jpeg.d85ec7737aa92d6b4a8175b0eaa04fb3.jpeg

IMG_6537.jpeg.89f36656d782b3f03740c1d775413a24.jpeg

IMG_6547.jpeg.6b919991c560c82e79461ed2df8f6efd.jpeg

IMG_6523.jpeg.ad009fc5ea80ffdbfa5bedcb21529090.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, rafinmd said:

I have found that putting certain posters on my "ignore" list lowers my blood pressure dramatically.

Roy

And that's why I'm up to page 11 on my ignored users list.  You want to keep a garden, it's best to prune the weeds. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

For today I once again have a sunset rather than a sunrise.  This is from my 2017 Crystal Symphony voyage from San Diego to New York.  On May 9 we visited Fuerte Amador, Panama.

dusk0509.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

Headline today at CNN: 

"Woman survives five days in the wild on wine."

If I'm ever in a tight spot, and have a choice of having MacGyver or this lady with me, I'm picking the wine lady seven days a week.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Since I know you all love seeing sunsets at sea from a cruise ship, I thought you might like to see what a sunset looks like from a tiny sailboat! 

We just completed an overnight passage from Bahia Chamela to La Cruz de Huanacaxtle on the Mexican Pacific Mainland. This was our sunset as we sailed about 15 miles offshore:

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg

Edited by Leejnd4
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

Since I know you all love seeing sunsets at sea from a cruise ship, I thought you might like to see what a sunset looks like from a tiny sailboat! 

We just completed an overnight passage from Bahia Chamela to La Cruz de Huanacaxtle on the Mexican Pacific Mainland. This was our sunset as we sailed about 15 miles offshore:

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg

What's the dress code on that tub of yours 😁

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8250.jpeg

Looks great. Keep enjoying.

Keith

5 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

What's the dress code on that tub of yours 😁

LOL! It's pretty loosy-goosy. You will find not a single sequin on my boat. Or high heel, for that matter. 😉And it depends on if I have a line out trolling for fish. In fact, my profile photo shows what I was wearing the last time I caught one, which was about a month ago.

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Looks great. Keep enjoying.

Keith

Thanks Keith! It's...ahem...an ENTIRELY different experience than a luxury cruise ship, but I'll take being at sea any way I can. And I am very much looking forward to my next cruise, which is the Paul Gauguin in November. The problem is, there's no spa on my boat! And I have to do all the cooking. 😭 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Four years ago today.

A couple of photos when I took one of Mozart's electric bike out for a ride.  I can't remember what I was told by the Mozart Security officer.  Was it bring the bike back with a full tank?  Or don't lose the bike or else?  Of don't get into an accident?  🤫

Keith

IMG_6668.jpeg.e69c2b3d9c8ca225f1620904b835ad55.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg.88c5fb8a0228fd8ad73c78cb1c876116.jpeg

IMG_6650.jpeg.817a5284fddc12801ae701c1aeb06650.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Four years ago today.

A couple of photos when I took one of Mozart's electric bike out for a ride.  I can't remember what I was told by the Mozart Security officer.  Was it bring the bike back with a full tank?  Or don't lose the bike or else?  Of don't get into an accident?  🤫

Keith

IMG_6668.jpeg.e69c2b3d9c8ca225f1620904b835ad55.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg.88c5fb8a0228fd8ad73c78cb1c876116.jpeg

IMG_6650.jpeg.817a5284fddc12801ae701c1aeb06650.jpeg

Ah, the church across from where the Mozart would "park" in Vienna! And, the interesting part, it just looks old, it's not much more than 100 years old.

Patty

• Like 3