The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, BEAV said:

It looks nice sans cigarette butts! 

I never sullied it.  I'd just get on the elevator with a lit one dangling from my lip.  Always sparked conversation. 

I'm kidding, sheesh.

Totally unrelatedly: enough is enough.  Texas is on our no-go list.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is a random request of @BEAV - totally off-topic.  I think you are near San Francisco, and I am looking for a special florist in the Fremont area.  We are in NC and our son is eloping next week in Santa Barbara and then they will be with his new bride's family in Fremont for Christmas.  I have in mind to send a really nice flower arrangement to her family's home that would maybe have a combo Christmas/wedding motif.  I know I can call my regular florist here and they will arrange for it through their network, but you rise above the crowd with your class-act, so I figured it was worth asking, just in case you have a recommendation.  I'm not much of a search-online gal for something like this, and I much prefer an actual recommendation.  No worries if not!

Thanks,

Cindy

3 hours ago, TheKingD said:

This is a random request of @BEAV - totally off-topic.  I think you are near San Francisco, and I am looking for a special florist in the Fremont area.  We are in NC and our son is eloping next week in Santa Barbara and then they will be with his new bride's family in Fremont for Christmas.  I have in mind to send a really nice flower arrangement to her family's home that would maybe have a combo Christmas/wedding motif.  I know I can call my regular florist here and they will arrange for it through their network, but you rise above the crowd with your class-act, so I figured it was worth asking, just in case you have a recommendation.  I'm not much of a search-online gal for something like this, and I much prefer an actual recommendation.  No worries if not!

Thanks,

Cindy

I’ve been using Rossi & Rovetti (in SF) for over 20 years. I found them when searching for not-your-ordinary floral arrangements to enjoy in our stateroom whenever we sailed out of San Francisco! I’ve never been disappointed. They deliver within the Bay Area, but I’ll caution you delivery to Fremont could be steep. 😉

https://rossirovetti.com/

I’ll also see if our other resident Bay Area cruisers have suggestions. @TER777 and  @oakridger

Congratulations on your son’s wedding, and I hope you can find just what you’re looking for in a floral arrangement. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks so much @BEAV and @TER777.  I looked at their website and they are exactly the kind of florist I had in mind, and I knew you would know who to recommend.  I'm going to call them in the morning and figure out if we can work something out, or if they have a connection with a similar artsy florist closer to Fremont.  I was actually hoping you were a florist, but this is a close second!  🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

I was actually hoping you were a florist, but this is a close second!  🙂

I can’t even arrange a bowl of cereal to look appealing. So you don’t want me anywhere near floral design! 🤣🤦

Good luck to you. 💐

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@TheKingD I live in the East Bay like @TER777 but even further from Fremont than she is so I have no experience close to there.  Good Luck with your great flower idea! 🌺🌻

I'm going to check out @BEAV's florist suggestion in case I want to send something to my San Francisco friends!  🙂

~Nancy

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Another nice memory from NWP in 2016.

Keith

DSC_0813.thumb.jpeg.eaf60d8544121aba8c40c1f555edff77.jpeg

A couple of my favorite memories of Shackleton

The first view of the ship itself off Ulahaktok with crew lining the gangway:

gangway-welcome.jpg

and the flotilla of support craft:

flotilla.jpg

and as we finally parted at Sisimiut.  It was not as elaborate as our meeting because most of the expedition staff had transferred to Serenity to fly home but it was still moving.

adieurss2.jpg

One or 2 of the Zodiacs followed us for quite a while:

adieurss3.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

On 12/10/2023 at 12:20 AM, Keith1010 said:

Great photos Roy.

Speaking of Northwest Passage, not often one sees guests getting off Serenity like this..

Keith

P1110232.thumb.jpeg.a30baabb815bacfcf8c8f0c634cf1276.jpeg

A closeup of this scene.  As I recall, the platform used to transfer from ship to Zodiac were fabricated specifically for the Northwest Passage:

zodiacdock2.jpg

Roy

• Like 5