Most of Carnival crew have been repatriated

jimbo5544

On 7/18/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jamman54 said:

That's great! Just hope it isn't as hard to get them back when the time comes. 😎

This has also crossed my mind. Lets say they do start back in October. It going to be impossible to get everyone back. Most of the crew probably couldn't just sit around for a couple of months. I bet most have moved on and found employment in other places.  This isn't going to be like other times when they launch a new ship. At least then they can pull experience from other ships. I don't see how they are going to be able to start back up without hiring a lot a new people  Your going to have a lot very green employees across the fleet and it will take them time to get back to the level of efficiently they had prior to the shutdown.   

On 7/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, Frank12 said:

It's going to be a mess.

Getting people back to staff a ship in my estimation is certainly going to be easier then getting them home.  The reason is they are not coming from a ship.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Getting people back to staff a ship in my estimation is certainly going to be easier then getting them home.  The reason is they are not coming from a ship.   

True , but how many people have moved on. After the fiasco of being stuck on a ship and the fear of COVID-19 how many will want to return? I don't think they will have a problem with staffing, but I think a lot of the people will be new and it will take a cruise or two before they get into a grove. 

Moved on to what? There is not a lot of options that pay nearly the same in their home countries and the tourism industry globally is decimated... and with a staggered start up to begin with they will be staffing half or less of the ships... they will not have an issue getting back crew. They will send a few ships that are in other parts, pick up crew for various countries and do the same crew transfers a sea like they did for repatriation. There are plenty that are waiting patiently to return to work! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wo5m said:

True , but how many people have moved on. After the fiasco of being stuck on a ship and the fear of COVID-19 how many will want to return? I don't think they will have a problem with staffing, but I think a lot of the people will be new and it will take a cruise or two before they get into a grove. 

There are not many jobs out there, and they certainly dont pay what the cruiselines do.    The cruiselines are starting out slow when they come back...less ships, less passengers.   They will have their pick of the best staff out there.

6 hours ago, wo5m said:

There are many clips that attest to mood of the crew, that was mostly positive.  They will be back, as will Carnival.  Carnival best asset is not her ships....it’s her crew.  Carnival FUN will be back.