Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) UK placed in Administration

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I find the TAs that took deposits after CMV went into administration just as bad, even if they return all the money it is still false advertising.

Sure, if any did.

Just because there were old ads up doesn't mean any took a booking. It's the same with other cruises that aren't dynamic; they have ads then you go to book and get a reply hours later that price isn't available any more. It's why direct connections are preferable but especially here with examples of more complex bundled bookings e.g. including air fare they're all done manually, and then you pay once entered. So I doubt any were taken.

Edited by The_Big_M

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Sure, if any did.

Just because there were old ads up doesn't mean any took a booking. It's the same with other cruises that aren't dynamic; they have ads then you go to book and get a reply hours later that price isn't available any more. It's why direct connections are preferable but especially here with examples of more complex bundled bookings e.g. including air fare they're all done manually, and then you pay once entered. So I doubt any were taken.

They did, after the CMV went into administration, there were sites still advertising CMV cruises, there were emails still being sent by CMV offering great deals (we received one 8 hours after the announcement) this is fact.

Anecdotally, there were people posting on social media stating that they had just put deposits down just that morning, luckily for some that went through a TA, they had reported later that the TA returned the money.

I am not sure why you think these things didn't happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

They did, after the CMV went into administration, there were sites still advertising CMV cruises, there were emails still being sent by CMV offering great deals (we received one 8 hours after the announcement) this is fact.

Anecdotally, there were people posting on social media stating that they had just put deposits down just that morning, luckily for some that went through a TA, they had reported later that the TA returned the money.

Well said Mic, i could not say it any better myself. CMV is a disaster as are the agents tied up with them, hope they all get nailed and incarcerated in ye olde tower of London, not the rank and file, the Directors and Executives. They knew the ship was sinking weeks ago.

Edited by NSWP

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I already said I thought there were still ads up - that's normal as it's a manual process for every TA to update it.

Sure, someone paid a deposit in the morning, but the TA then refunded it. That's exactly what I said that the TA would not be processing payments.

The only thing that sounds unlikely is CMV sending  a deal after it was announced. Unless it was an automated mail blast or say had been queued, it would be very unlikely and not make sense. So I'd need to see that. As you see any booking taken was refunded anyway, so there wouldn't be any point in advertising when they've already said it's over, and have put cancellation notices on their web site.

"CMV Becomes the Third Cruise Line To Go Out of Business in a Month"

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cmv-becomes-the-third-cruise-line-to-go-out-of-business-in-a-month

Quote:

"In recent weeks there had been growing reports of the financial difficulties faced by the line. In mid-June, the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) detained five of the company’s six cruise ships, the Astor, Astoria, Colombus, Vasco da Gama and Marco Polo, at ports in the U.K. CMV's sixth cruise ship, the Magellan, was not detained. According to the MCA, its surveyors found expired and invalid Seafarers Employment Agreements, late payment of wages, and seafarers who had been on board for over 12 months all in breach of the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)".

2 hours ago, Cyrix400 said:

"CMV Becomes the Third Cruise Line To Go Out of Business in a Month"

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cmv-becomes-the-third-cruise-line-to-go-out-of-business-in-a-month

Quote:

"In recent weeks there had been growing reports of the financial difficulties faced by the line. In mid-June, the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) detained five of the company’s six cruise ships, the Astor, Astoria, Colombus, Vasco da Gama and Marco Polo, at ports in the U.K. CMV's sixth cruise ship, the Magellan, was not detained. According to the MCA, its surveyors found expired and invalid Seafarers Employment Agreements, late payment of wages, and seafarers who had been on board for over 12 months all in breach of the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)".

It was just one more sign in a series of signs that we had read, showing the company was in a dire struggle to survive.

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It was just one more sign in a series of signs that we had read, showing the company was in a dire struggle to survive.

No doubt CMV were also facing big fines from the UK Govt re treatment of crew, over running contracts etc. 

Blame CMV mangement for that, I hope some get nailed for it.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

One of the first signs of a company going under is not renewing the relevant licences and such they need for operation.

Well CMV and all their ships have gone to Gowings now.800px-Gowings_signage_on_George_St_in_August_2010.JPG.4b74810ed8108409b545a14ab8e7212b.JPG