Think it will sail 2021?

On 7/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, cruisekitty22 said:

We have a cruise booked for February 24-March 1, 2021 to Harvest Caye and Costa Maya on the Encore from Miami. Do you think this cruise will be cancelled or it will sail? 

Sail, for sure, no question in my mind. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, All-ready2cruise said:

image.png.d4278e3fb6a2fb654e2666b2c30841e7.png

My crystal balls just aren't working properly but good luck op, I really hope your cruise is a go! 

LOL, mind if I use this image (or can you tell me where you got it?).

32 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

I'd lean towards a "no" for February—but I think that things will be looking considerably better by then, given the positive progress of treatments and vaccines. A vaccine isn't going to end the pandemic overnight, though, even if it is effective, but if it starts getting distributed in the winter, we might be back to normal by the summer.

My guess is that cruises may be sailing by around this time next year. Fall 2021 sounds reasonable.

I am with you on that. February sounds very safe. The only thing that I am concerned about is about leaving the ship for excursions. I heard that cruising ships wont have any stops traveling from point A to point B. The only thing I hope for is to have some good news near Christmas time 

As long as Covid is spreading like crazy in the US and the people and politicians don`t understand how to solve it there will not be even a little chance of cruising for US citizens. The numbers still go up.Once they remain the same or get lower one can think about doing cruises with port stops.

SO i would guess that february will be way to early for the north american continent. Europe for european citizens will work, i guess.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, farmersfight said:

Fingers crossed 🤞 that "Operation Warp Speed" is successful and that an effective vaccine is developed by end of 2020 and made available by early/mid 2021.

I admire your optimism. Speaking as someone who knows how clinical trials work, though, the only thing you'll be able to say with any certainty about any vaccine that's developed that quickly is that it won't kill you.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrueNorth74 said:

I admire your optimism. Speaking as someone who knows how clinical trials work, though, the only thing you'll be able to say with any certainty about any vaccine that's developed that quickly is that it won't kill you.

The Moderna approach is revolutionary in capitalizing on that -- testing full speed for safeness without letting that be delayed for effectiveness questions. Their RNA approach is thought to be so likely an accurate solution that effectiveness tests can come in their own sweet time. It's their gamble, not ours. Dr Fauci was today quoted as saying this new fast hi tech approach didn't present extra risks. But I am anticipating a lot of resistance from anti science and anti gmo kooks not wanting to try, so the vaccine should be plentiful to eager cruisers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

I just went online and scheduled my dining reservations for my November 2020 cruise. That is hopeful..

NCL just wants you to make final payment and hold on to your money. Princess has already cancelled cruises into December. There isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell your cruise sails!