Rotterdam Solo staterooms?

Hobie

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

@RuthC, I think I see the TV in the bottom right hand photo.  

I'm not seeing it, Roz. I see a picture of the window, taken from the outside, and another picture of the window looking out. 
The first right hand pic is of the bed. 
But thanks for trying. 

25 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I checked out the pics of 11058 (thanks for the link) and did not see a TV. Where is it located? 
I like that it's not across from the foot of the bed, but hope it's in a spot where someone can watch it. 

Thanks. 

TV is on the wall next to the desk. While sitting at the desk, TV is above your left shoulder. Given that the room has no sofa, you tend to watch while sitting up on the bed.

9 hours ago, Roz said:

@jimdee3636, I've wondered about those studio cabins on NCL.  Some people seem to like them and tout the fact that you have access to the studio lounge.  That's all well and good, but as you pointed out, at the end of the day 99 sq. ft. is still 99 sq. ft.  

I will give NCL credit for at least recognizing there is a niche for solo cruisers. At least they're making an effort to accommodate people.  

Can't edit my post but meant to say booking as a SOLO on the Pinnacle class.  

Neat trick by HAL. All the solo rooms are ocean view, therefore are an upgrade from inside guarantees.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I'm not seeing it, Roz. I see a picture of the window, taken from the outside, and another picture of the window looking out. 
The first right hand pic is of the bed. 
But thanks for trying. 

You're right.  I looked at it again and it's 2 pics of the window.  

31 minutes ago, Cruise4food said:

TV is on the wall next to the desk. While sitting at the desk, TV is above your left shoulder. Given that the room has no sofa, you tend to watch while sitting up on the bed.

Thank you. 
Sitting on the bed is not going to happen, so if I were to sail on a Pinnacle ship, I am interested in the positioning of the TV. 

On 8/1/2020 at 1:20 PM, Cruise4food said:

I reached the same conclusion and booked 11058 on Nieuw Statendam (inside on deck 11, but has a window looking to the jogging track). The pics show that 1012 and 11058 have similar floorpans, except for window and TV locations.  

Nieuw Statendam stateroom 11058

Thanks for the photo.  I could stay in that cabin and I like the little window.

@Roz End of the block -- 11057/58. Ryndam / Rotterdam has an extra cabin on deck 11, so the room numbers are 11057/60.   58/60 (port-side) is preferable b/c the door that is there is sliding -- whereas on the other hallway it is a traditional door and often slams.  

image.png.13f70e403ebfb3e7af0be45629cf70c1.png

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I travel solo, I would not book a single cabin.  They are small and  in bad locations. I like balconies.  Often, I book suites.

The 200% single supplement is a bit of an overcharge.  I am paying for meals for a non-existent passenger .  The thing that irks me is that if there are discount coupons of cruise credits they are per person.  I pay the same as two people but only get one credit. That is a single penalty.

I always give an extra tip to the cabin attendant. It is almost as much work to clean a cabin for one person as for two. I believe I should pay him the same as when two people are in the cabin.

I don't understand people complaining about paying a single supplement.  Your are taking up the same number of square feet/metres as two people in the cabin. It's no different than paying for a hotel room.