Future Cruise Deposit extension

cruise2relax

I extended mine once.  I just called the Princess 800 number, asked for it to be extended,and the rep took care of it.  This was probably 4-5 years ago but the process should still be in place.

7 hours ago, cruise2relax said:

Due to the "pause" I am faced with expiring FCDs for the first time ever.  I recall people mentioning that you can have them extended, is that true?  If so, how does one go about it?

Thanks everyone!

In the past, when I had a FCD that was set to expire, they allowed me to extend it by applying it to a future sailing.  I would think that with all the cancellations and money flowing out their door, they'd be more than happy to extend these rather than have to deal with refunding them all at this point.   I had our FCDs applied to a sailing, which was subsequently canceled and it was returned back to my credit card.  Another one was placed back into my account with an extended expiration.  Best to call to make sure how they are going to handle yours.  

I have had mixed results when calling for an extension.

Once I was told it was not possible. The next time there was no problem.

So I suggest calling Princess and if you do not get the answer you want, call again and you will likely get a different agent.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:52 AM, cruise2relax said:

Due to the "pause" I am faced with expiring FCDs for the first time ever.  I recall people mentioning that you can have them extended, is that true?  If so, how does one go about it?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, we did it last year and used it on our aborted Enchanted Princess cruise that was planned to start yesterday🙁