Info on Hotel in Alaska

BORN A BOWLER

5 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

There is a wide range of lodging.    Makes a huge difference if you have a car,  and what you will be doing?   

To add to Budget Queen's comment - Fairbanks is a very decentralized city.  You need to have a car in Fairbanks.  

DON

I'll tell you where NOT to stay.  We stayed 4  nights at the Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge last winter.  It was a very clean and nice looking room (recently renovated) but this was the NOISIEST hotel I've ever experienced in my life!  SERIOUSLY!  We were on the ground floor back of hotel and the people walking in the hall upstairs was so noisy it sounded like they were in our room!  Also, the maid never visited our room once.  We had to ask the front desk for more towels. Good luck!

Haven’t been to Fairbanks yet but based on my research we chose Pike’s Lodge for our trip next summer based on friends’ recommendations and reviews.  Booked directly with them and got a pretty good deal on one of their cabins. The Lodge also has a complementary breakfast and shuttle.

I contacted a number of hotels in Fairbanks and asked a number of questions.  Pike’s Lodge, for me, had the best customer response/interaction—very friendly and helpful!  We’re renting a car while in Fairbanks and they will take us to/from the car rental office as well as transporting us to the train depot on our departure day.

Top on our list to do in Fairbanks is to head north!  A fly/drive tour to the Arctic Circle (on hubby’s bucket list!) as well as touring the town (Pioneer Park, etc).  Hubby is also a big golfer so will also try to fit in a round of golf before leaving for Denali.

4 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Haven’t been to Fairbanks yet but based on my research we chose Pike’s Lodge for our trip next summer based on friends’ recommendations and reviews.  Booked directly with them and got a pretty good deal on one of their cabins. The Lodge also has a complementary breakfast and shuttle.

I contacted a number of hotels in Fairbanks and asked a number of questions.  Pike’s Lodge, for me, had the best customer response/interaction—very friendly and helpful!  We’re renting a car while in Fairbanks and they will take us to/from the car rental office as well as transporting us to the train depot on our departure day.

Top on our list to do in Fairbanks is to head north!  A fly/drive tour to the Arctic Circle (on hubby’s bucket list!) as well as touring the town (Pioneer Park, etc).  Hubby is also a big golfer so will also try to fit in a round of golf before leaving for Denali.

It’s a little tough to recommend places you have never been to.      Fairbanks has a wide range of lodging.    
Your lodging is a poor choice for someone without a car and isn’t the most convenient location for Fairbanks touring.    Can also be noisy depending on flight patterns.    Also extremely busy with buses and Cruisetours.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

It’s a little tough to recommend places you have never been to.      Fairbanks has a wide range of lodging.    
Your lodging is a poor choice for someone without a car and isn’t the most convenient location for Fairbanks touring.    Can also be noisy depending on flight patterns.    Also extremely busy with buses and Cruisetours.    

Not sure I recommended Pike’s Lodge.....🤔.  Shared our thought process in determining where to stay.

My apologies to the OP for posting an irrelevant comment. 

I wanted to add that I have stayed at the Bear Lodge at Wedgewood Resort for two nights a couple years ago. It was nice, very clean and no problems.  The rooms were large and had a small patio or balcony - it was also the only place we stayed on that trip that actually had room air conditioning. Ha Ha (we used it!)  My only complaint is that the wifi was so weak in our room that I couldn't use my work laptop in the room - I had to take it to the lobby long enough to get some stuff done. It may have only been an anomaly or temporary problem that's been fixed.   Other than that, I'd stay there again.

Last summer we rented an AirBNB in Fairbanks. It was my husband and two friends for the land tour; we rented a 3 bedroom house that was walking distance to downtown for $75 a night (total price!). It had a full kitchen and laundry and was perfect for what we needed. We did have a rental car through Alaska 4x4 rentals which made renting a house easier, but we also had to drop off the car at Pike's lodge to return the rental. The entrance to the lodge looked great but it was crowded with buses arriving and very close to the airport (so flight noise could be a problem).