Trying to get FCC for 2021 sailing...????

jsf

We cancelled a cruise in middle of April that was to depart this August, we're trying to re-book a cruise for August 2021. I can't get a FCC number so we are awaiting to finalize our plans. You would think this is all done by computer's so I can't figure out what the hold up is. You would think now a days they would want to book as many pax as possible as quickly as they can.

2 hours ago, jsf said:

We cancelled a cruise in middle of April that was to depart this August, we're trying to re-book a cruise for August 2021. I can't get a FCC number so we are awaiting to finalize our plans. You would think this is all done by computer's so I can't figure out what the hold up is. You would think now a days they would want to book as many pax as possible as quickly as they can.

You will need to pay the taxes and fees for the new cruise as a FCC cannot be used for this.  I'd say to pay the deposit now and once you get the FCC you can apply it to the sailing.   If the FCC is more than the outstanding balance (net of Taxes and Fees) RCI will refund you the deposit amount.   Also, a hint, do not apply the FCC until just before final payment date as the FCC will reduce the price paid for the cruise on paper and it becomes more difficult to get someone at RCI to do price adjustments if the price were to go down.  Not all RCI folks know how to navigate around this and it is a lot easier if the price were not reduced on paper.

1 hour ago, stevea36 said:

You will need to pay the taxes and fees for the new cruise as a FCC cannot be used for this.  I'd say to pay the deposit now and once you get the FCC you can apply it to the sailing.   If the FCC is more than the outstanding balance (net of Taxes and Fees) RCI will refund you the deposit amount.   Also, a hint, do not apply the FCC until just before final payment date as the FCC will reduce the price paid for the cruise on paper and it becomes more difficult to get someone at RCI to do price adjustments if the price were to go down.  Not all RCI folks know how to navigate around this and it is a lot easier if the price were not reduced on paper.

Royal will not refund any money paid on a reservation if you apply a FCC of greater value.  That changed in late March or early April.

OP, The  best thing to do is call Royal, explain that you are waiting on an FCC.  They can put a cabin on hold and lock in the price until your FCC is issued.