Has anyone received anything for FREE on a MSC, just by asking for it ?

drsel

Not by asking, but we took a tour when the bus broke down in the middle of the road in unbelievable heat with no air conditioning.  They sent us chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of Prosecco (but no refund).
If you couldn't complete the sightseeing, they should have given you at least a partial refund.
The prosecco and chocolate strawberries are no big deal. Certainly not adequate compensation for an expensive ship tour
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Of course you can until beverage cost gone out of whack or drink revenue potential calculation consistently comes up short after your bar shifts. That's when you will come under scrutiny or discreetly watched by management. There are also cameras in the bar area and some bar drink guns have counter built in to measure the number of drinks you had poured on your shift. Do it often and you will be found out.

If you have cruised enough and are known to the crew you know there are ways and means for staff to bypass being scrutinised. 
On our very first MSC Cruise  our waiter was fantastic . Hubby was nipping out to the sports bar one night in between courses to get the football results , our waiter supported the same team , they both had good banter and rapport during the meal and luckily the team won . At the end of dinner our waiter brought us a Limoncello as a celebratory drink compliments from him. Another time during lunch I was on my own and our waiter saw me and asked would I like a glass of wine , compliments  from him . I have a suspicion what was happening but it was a nice gesture both times . 

Edited by heatherb1958

On Costa one of the young boys in the entertainment teams accidentally dropped my glass of beer from the small table and he immediately got me another beer.
but of course that doesn't count.
I was told by one of the bartenders that the crew get a beer pint for 50 cents for their personal consumption

17 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

Other cruise lines give pens, highlighters and luggage tags. MSC prizes are all found in the gift shops and the mugs are $9.99, the caps I think are a bit more. The back packs range are up to $20 depending on which they give out.  I have gotten blankets, which at the logo shop was 24.99. 

On another line, RCI , a member of staff as a way of apology for not being able to join us for a drink  sent us a tote bag with every single give away logo item you could think of in it plus wine , our room steward could hardly carry it to deliver it 😆.

here is a photo . 

F5FB9C93-B745-4AAF-9EB2-00DE58EE3F2C.jpeg

On another line, RCI , a member of staff as a way of apology for not being able to join us for a drink  sent us a tote bag with every single give away logo item you could think of in it plus wine , our room steward could hardly carry it to deliver it [emoji38].
here is a photo . 
F5FB9C93-B745-4AAF-9EB2-00DE58EE3F2C.thumb.jpeg.4fe12b6eb3c91e0ef75f4ef5800c4031.jpeg
Wow, what was his designation?
The Cruise director or hotel director?

• 2 weeks later...

Never thought to ask..and honestly don't know what we'd ask for

We don't wear/need/use logo'd merchandise - though with Diamond (Black) we get a gift as a perk

On another line we have had wine or an onboard perk fro a Sr staff/crew. Always a surprise and we are grateful for their thoughtfulness

@drsel

Have you sailed MSC and how did you like it compared to Celebrity?

What I really like on MSC is that they have 6 different shows on a 7 night Cruise.

Celebrity usually has only three and once they had 4 shows

Also the theme parties are very well done on MSC, especially Romeo and Juliet, the white party, the flower party.

Food wise, Celebrity is much better, a class apart both in the buffet and the main dining room.

Celebrity also has various ice creams and frozen yoghurt, 8 flavours which change every few hours.

Celebrity cabins are more spacious and the service overall is far superior.

11 minutes ago, drsel said:

If you prefer a classy experience then go for Celebrity, but if you want more bang for your buck then choose MSc

Which cabins do you prefer for Celebrity vs MSC? Experience?

As a Celebrity Elite I gather you sailed them often

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Which cabins do you prefer for Celebrity vs MSC? Experience?

As a Celebrity Elite I gather you sailed them often

Celebrity used to offer the unlimited classic alcoholic beverage package free with Ocean views and above, so I generally booked Ocean views.

Edited by drsel

On 8/27/2020 at 2:32 PM, drsel said:

If you prefer a classy experience then go for Celebrity, but if you want more bang for your buck then choose MSc

Our first ever cruise was with Celebrity 20 years ago on the Mercury in the Caribbean , we found it boring for a couple who were then still in their early 40s, we gave them another two  tries and are Elite through reciprocal loyalty with RCI  . I am a party girl and like the theme nights on MSC kicking my heels up at every opportunity even now in my early 60s 😆.

Food is subjective and we have never starved on any of our cruises 😆