Has anyone received anything for FREE on a MSC, just by asking for it ?

drsel

As a Voyager’s Club gold member, one of the perks is admission to the Aurea Spa (thermal area) one time for one hour. When I checked in to use this perk, the receptionist said that I could use it as many days as I wanted to for as long as I wanted to. I took full advantage of her offer. I think I went to the spa every single day on our 7 night cruise. So did my wife even though she wasn’t gold, but the receptionist said that she could come as well. 

We came back from dinner the last night on the Divina and ALL   this was on our bed.
We were stunned on the generosity.
(pic way too big to post). Cant down size pixels.

Since we can't see the photo, kindly enumerate what items they had left on your bed.
Thanks

As a Voyager’s Club gold member, one of the perks is admission to the Aurea Spa (thermal area) one time for one hour. When I checked in to use this perk, the receptionist said that I could use it as many days as I wanted to for as long as I wanted to. I took full advantage of her offer. I think I went to the spa every single day on our 7 night cruise. So did my wife even though she wasn’t gold, but the receptionist said that she could come as well. 
Seriously ? Which MSC Cruise ship was this?

1 hour ago, drsel said:
16 hours ago, Tapi said:

That was on the Divina back in 2016 out of Miami. It was our first time sailing on MSC and we were attracted by the many perks and discounts that were offered. One of the cheapest cruises we’ve ever taken! 

4 hours ago, drsel said:
18 hours ago, Tapi said:

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Since we can't see the photo, kindly enumerate what items they had left on your bed.
Thanks

Lets try again.  A porcelain Divina, totes, black and white hat, key fobs, mug, and some things I see but dont remember what they are from the picture.

33480087-7A9A-4F28-BF78-EBCC0239EE67.jpeg

Edited by Seadweller001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Yes, also 2 chocolate ships, 2 t-shirts, 2 Tote bags a pouch, pad and 2 smudged photos

Yes.  Good eye.  My Wife also early on got a nice Polo Shirt.  We had a bigger YC SUITE and it was our first ever MSC cruise and they probably wanted to WOW us?  I never asked for a thing.  Also was taken out by Officers to a few Specialty Dinners, The Steak House with the HD and the Asian Restaurant with the head of future sales.  

We were very impressed and booked four more YC cruises but of course 3 were canceled and the Nov 1 will most likely be canceled which is a bummer for the workers more than for the passengers.  

Hopefully, by March 2021 things will be more normalized.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 12:23 AM, heatherb1958 said:

We got lots free drinks from a very generous bar server on Grandiosa. 😆.

We did not have a drinks package and on the first night in the bar hubby and I shared a large bottle of beer , we joked we were rationing ourselves. We would call in and have a glass of wine . After a couple of days we never had to pay for a  drink again ! He was a lovely bar server and on the last night we gave him a generous tip to which he was quite surprised at and said the drinks were a gift from him to us . Bless him.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, heatherb1958 said:

@drsel, having cruised many times with RCI we often got complimentary drinks given to us from bar staff when we ordered . We were quite gobsmacked when it happened on Grandiosa but it was much appreciated how ever the guy did it . In fact he would come straight out to us when he saw us and just say “ usual? “. Made it a little awkward when one of the other staff came to us but we did place orders with them too. 

I find this very hard to believe.  For a bar server to give free drinks would require the bar tender to be complicit.  We've also cruised many times with RCL and MSC. An occasional free drink? yes, quite possibly.  But a week's worth? Very doubtful.

• Like 1

I find this very hard to believe.  For a bar server to give free drinks would require the bar tender to be complicit.  We've also cruised many times with RCL and MSC. An occasional free drink? yes, quite possibly.  But a week's worth? Very doubtful.
Exactly what I was wondering.
he could risk losing his job.

I remember during a crowded shops sale, I overheard a passenger asking one of the staff if he could buy something on his account, because he got a big crew discount.

The staff member was very upset.
He said he would lose his job
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

So basically you are calling me a liar , very sad .

Do you believe in paying forward ? A concept we live by , a small gesture of kindness can lead to unexpected reactions . We were there , we know what happened , my conscious is clear . 

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Exactly what I was wondering.
he could risk losing his job.

I remember during a crowded shops sale, I overheard a passenger asking one of the staff if he could buy something on his account, because he got a big crew discount.

The staff member was very upset.
He said he would lose his job

Crew discounts are usually only 10% on merchandise . I have a friend’s daughter who works onboard and she is  allowed to use her discount for her mum and I . 

5 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

So basically you are calling me a liar , very sad .

Do you believe in paying forward ? A concept we live by , a small gesture of kindness can lead to unexpected reactions . We were there , we know what happened , my conscious is clear . 

Take any way you want to, I find it very doubtful that you got a full week of free drinks from a bar waiter.   And how does "paying it forward"  have anything to do with this?  

"my conscious is clear"  not if you really accepted all those drinks without paying.

Edited by crazyank

I am not judging here but common sense tells me, one free drink once in a while is an act of Goodwill BUT more than that is placing the Bartenders job in jeopardy.   If the cameras pick that up the worker will be terminated because MSC is paying for the drinks UNLESS the Bartender was charging them to his/her account which seems improbable.  

Personally, i would never accept more than one free drink because I would hate to see someone get fired because of me.  Unjustly enriched is not my game plan in life.

the crew confided in me that they get beers for 50 cents and similar very cheap rates for alcohol.

If they order any drinks, this is charged to their account at very low prices.

but they are not allowed to share these with the passengers.
And certainly not order drinks on their account for the passengers.

42 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

I am not judging here but common sense tells me, one free drink once in a while is an act of Goodwill BUT more than that is placing the Bartenders job in jeopardy.   If the cameras pick that up the worker will be terminated because MSC is paying for the drinks UNLESS the Bartender was charging them to his/her account which seems improbable.  

Personally, i would never accept more than one free drink because I would hate to see someone get fired because of me.  Unjustly enriched is not my game plan in life.

Exactly!  and that's why I highly doubt someone a got a week's worth of free drinks

I remember when one crew member accidentally spilt my beer, he immediately went and got me another one, because it cost him only 50 cents.

Of course, he did it without me asking, and he didn't accept any payment from me either.

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

Exactly!  and that's why I highly doubt someone a got a week's worth of free drinks

And that is why I would never accept anything from a crew worker.  Now the Capt or HD can comp as they see fit, difff story because we have received many nice gifts but from the management and sanctioned.  

A Bartender giving away a week of free drinks (unless he/she is paying) is stealing from the company, PERIOD.   And the guest receiving the stolen liquor is just as culpable IMO. Always let good common sense prevail, nothing is really free.

• Like 1

Prime motivation behind a bartender giving out free drinks or double pour is to encourage customers to reward him with a bigger cash tip at the expense of his employer. It's an open secret in F&B industry and something management is aware of.