Where was I?

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Gibraltar? 

When the Apes leave, Britain will lose the colony. I lived in Gib 51 to 53, my father was stationed there with British army, my sister was born there. We were there about 1O years ago, crikey, built up now.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

When the Apes leave, Britain will lose the colony. I lived in Gib 51 to 53, my father was stationed there with British army, my sister was born there. We were there about 1O years ago, crikey, built up now.

Like the ravens at the tower? Sounds like the UK has abandonment issues😂

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Big Kev said:

Govt buildings in  Tokyo

🏆

Close enough, full name Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building or nickname Tochō. When we got there these really well dressed people would come up to us with laminated cards in all sorts of languages when they knew our language they held up a card so we could read the observation deck was closed. 

All yours😉

Edited by ilikeanswers

7 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

🏆

Close enough, full name Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building or nickname Tochō. When we got there these really well dressed people would come up to us with laminated cards in all sorts of languages when they knew our language they held up a card so we could read the observation deck was closed. 

All yours😉

This was our view from the Observation Deck... Will find our  new challenge in the morning.

Sue and Phil..

image.thumb.png.52c79c84382dba6a4d46b0d273503d1d.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I am signing off until tomorrow morning, when I will check to see if I am correct.

BINGO...  Nordcap (North Cape) Honningsvag Norway.

About as far north in Norway you can go on an extraordinary itinerary.   The photo was taken at midnight during summer solstice.

We sailed  on Marco Polo (Alexandra Pushkin) which just a few weeks ago, was  sent for scrap with  other ships in the CMV fleet. That night we took excursion from the port, arriving back around 3am to commence a continued daylight deck party prior to sailaway..  Memorable party, as we watched the other ship in port (MSC  ARMONIA) sail off.. Cruise director likened the name to an infectious disease as the band played Rule Britania. 

All yours, By The Bay,

Sue and Phil