Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, NE John said:

Aruba?

I agree. I figure @sfred's photo was taken at about this point in QE's past track departing Oranjestad, Aruba yesterday as shown on Marinetraffic. Note the Aruba Cruise Terminal at the upper left and the Queen Beatrix International Airport at the lower right with the runway extending to the shoreline.

MarineTraffic_QE_Aruba_20230902.thumb.jpg.47682147bf3ed8f6bb579d683b83be03.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NE John said:

Aruba?

3 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I agree. I figure @sfred's photo was taken at about this point in QE's past track departing Oranjestad, Aruba yesterday as shown on Marinetraffic. 

Both correct!  We had a nice warm evening on QE for yesterday's Aruba sailaway.  Here's an additional photo of Oranjestad taken a few minutes prior to us passing the airport. 

20230902_173504.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sogne said:

this is a port but not a view that would appear in any brochure 

water is about 50 yards away

aaa.JPG

Lately, I have been coming back to this thread only after the photos have been identified. This time, I may have the timing right for once.

This is, unless I am badly mistaken, taken from the Piazzale Roma in Venice. I believe that the building houses the local tourist information office, and the People Mover drops you off in it. You come out (or go in) at the far end of the building under the flat awning.

Edited by ExArkie
  • Like 2

In QE's Commodore Club, there are two large paintings in the port and starboard wing areas depicting Cunard ships in two well known ports.  The starboard painting of QE is quite obviously in Sydney.   But what port is shown in the portside painting of QE2 QM2 and QV?

20230909_090900.jpg

20230909_084934.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sfred said:

In QE's Commodore Club, there are two large paintings in the port and starboard wing areas depicting Cunard ships in two well known ports.  The starboard painting of QE is quite obviously in Sydney.   But what port is shown in the portside painting of QE2 QM2 and QV?

20230909_090900.jpg

20230909_084934.jpg

Southampton. 
These are wonderful paintings. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, sfred said:

20230909_090900.jpg

20230909_084934.jpg

Those pictures are so much better than the ones on QV. 

• Like 1

Here's another QE painting, located off the grand lobby on deck 3.  Both the ship in the foreground and the port in the background have changed a lot since the painting was done. 

20230909_184035.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Nice shot as the sun went down....

Picture054.thumb.jpg.111c388a45755e71e0ff8c6fd7206ab5.jpg

I recognize this one as Valletta, Malta. That brings back memories of the very first port photo I contributed way back in post #24 on the first page of this amazing thread. Thanks for your contributions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I recognize this one as Valletta, Malta. That brings back memories of the very first port photo I contributed way back in post #24 on the first page of this amazing thread. Thanks for your contributions.

That yacht in the foreground is no chopped liver either. 

• Like 1