Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

3 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Can't work out if it's Marina or Riviera. I don't know enough about them to tell the difference.

It is actually Riviera, but based on that photo of mine, I don't know any way to determine which one of those two it is either. Here's the proof from later that day after Costa Mediterranea had joined the party and we were preparing to tender back to QM2.

image.thumb.png.e6e3d3db2554dc83d1af7effe8f0ed38.png

3 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

It is. And the tiny Sea Goddess II. ...

I can't say I recognized the port of Port-Vendres, France or that it would have even made my short list of ports to check. I went looking for information on that other ship in your photo, Cala Portese. I found she's been spending most of her time in the far east but I did find a photo of her that was taken at Port-Vendres and everything fell neatly into place after that.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Here's another one for @Colin_Cameron to get in under 30 seconds

Well, I think I've figured out how @Colin_Cameron has been so seemingly prescient about your last two photos (unless you've posted them previously that I haven't found). It would appear he was on that same voyage as you after reading your blog "Notes from a QV cruise - Rome to Southampton". 😉

• Like 1

That's interesting, the date is correct (obviously) but the itinerary at the time showed us calling at Santa Margherita Ligure. We weren't alongside but we definitely tendered into Santa Margherita, not Rapallo. They are very close though.

IMG_20180906_144435_1.jpg

IMG_20180830_085949.jpg

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That's interesting, the date is correct (obviously) but the itinerary at the time showed us calling at Santa Margherita Ligure. We weren't alongside but we definitely tendered into Santa Margherita, not Rapallo. They are very close though. ...

Dang, if I just hadn't rushed my answer. That photo from Santa Margherita and all the itinerary details are in your "Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean" thread. Now back to trying to figure out sogne's and carlmm's latest puzzles. I've been working on those for several hours now but making no progress so far.

• Haha 1