Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

12 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'll have to leave that for someone else, I can't tell that on my phone.

Oh yeah, unless you can expand the image on your phone, there's not much to go on. Even then it may not be all that clear, even on a desktop. Here's the QM2 portion of that webcam image enlarged and tweaked a bit. This may prove more helpful.

image.thumb.png.8745a1fabf6fe07e09f38635a468433b.png

Here's an odd looking bridge webcam image I'd like to share. I found this file on my phone with the standard file name of "qv1.jpg" for a QV bridge webcam image. I did not recognize what port this was and the file creation/modification dates were no help since they could not possibly correspond to the date the original image was captured.

So there I was, the guy who has spent many hours here identifying the port images of others, struggling to identify this one sitting on my own phone. Finally after several hours of investigating, I figured out which port this is. Now I'm sure some of you will recognize this port right away, so go ahead and show me up by identifying where QV is in this image without needing hours of research.

qv1.jpg.d5592c4e29ef7fa886e37c19b96c0a68.jpg

28 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Yes it is. Not the Cruise Center Steinwerder where we're used to seeing QM2 in Hamburg the past few years, but the Cruise Center Altona. Well done.

I was on QV once when she docked there and QM2 was at Hafen City, then we moved up to join her for fireworks. The weather was only slightly better than in your picture.