Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

I feel I am somewhat limited on contributing here. We have only done transatlantic on Cunard (how hard is it to identify New York and Southampton?) and not a lot of anything else, even on other lines. It did occur to me that there was one TA that stopped a few places. This photo - apologize for the mediocre quality, it was at (or  just past)  sunset and foggy - was an unscheduled departure port for this trip. 

image.png

21 minutes ago, sfred said:

Milford Sound, New Zealand?

Well done. I captured those QE webcam images on December 26, 2019 when the itinerary states "Fiordland National Park, New Zealand".  I couldn't say for sure which sound(s) those images are showing. The timestamps on the images indicate the first one was captured about 7:30am local NZ time while the second one was captured about 3:00pm.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

I feel I am somewhat limited on contributing here. We have only done transatlantic on Cunard (how hard is it to identify New York and Southampton?) and not a lot of anything else, even on other lines. It did occur to me that there was one TA that stopped a few places. This photo - apologize for the mediocre quality, it was at (or  just past)  sunset and foggy - was an unscheduled departure port for this trip. 

image.png

Ponta Delgarda, The Azores?

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

We have covered this port before, but we have covered many ports more than once on this thread, so don't be too concerned about that. We haven't previously seen the terminal buildings at this port, so this is an entirely different angle.

I think this is Cadiz, Spain.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I posted Cadiz last time and I didn't recognise this 😂

🙂 It is Cadiz, perfect.

And thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The three forts are for sale, I believe. If anyone wants to,buy them, they'd be able to get lovely photos of ships.

Now that you mention it, I took pictures of two of those forts during that same June 24, 2018 departure from Southampton. No Mans Fort and Horse Sand Fort, I believe. Didn't manage a photo of Spitbank Fort.

image.png.d3ba9cf0e928e8acd3abd2eec87ad0cc.png

image.png.ef01778cae7d4b00f56a1d520684220e.png

I'll have to check my piggy bank. Tough decision--buy a cruise ship or a fort. I'll have to think that one over. Or maybe buy one of each and have a cruise ship I can sail up to my fort!