Opinions on Radiance/Sunrise Cabin 9285

Tiger0613

Carnival finally gave me my cabin assignment for my cruise on the Radiance in June 2021.  Using cruisedeckplans, I can see that the cabin is mostly under the stairs for the little kid slide.  A sliver is under the walkway next to that.  Will there be any noise from that?  I originally booked a porthole cabin(E8) on the Inspiration, so I consider this a downgrade.

I would really be concerned about noise there. That's a heavily traveled area with people going to and from the lido and taking the front elevators. Convenient location, but I think I would try to change it. 

Edited by Bgcruising

As part of the "inconvenience" of having to change ships you were supposed to receive a free upgrade. Inside to outside, outside to balcony. We had an outside cabin booked on the Imagination and were given a balcony on the Radiance. You should have at least been given an outside cabin. I would be calling. 

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes, it was in the email we received from Carnival about the change from the Imagination/ Inspiration to the Radiance. 

My email said "Your stateroom assignment will be comparable to what you are currently holding."  It didn't say anything about an upgrade.

Dear Guest,

Today, we announced several changes to our fleet plan that has resulted in new ship assignments and upgraded offerings in several markets.  Carnival Radiance will be moving to Long Beach in April, 2021 to assume the short Baja Mexico itineraries previously served by Carnival Imagination, including your cruise.

Your reservation will be automatically moved to Carnival Radiance, which will now depart one day later than your original schedule.  NOTE: Guests booked on the May 30, 2021, and September 5, 2021, sailings will depart two days earlier than their original schedule.

Carnival Radiance will enter service following a $200 million renovation, which includes the addition of a wide assortment of balcony and spa staterooms and a totally transformed ship, with all of our most popular features, like Cucina del Capitano, Guy’s Burger Joint, Red Frog Pub, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, our new Shaq’s Big Chicken Restaurant and an expanded waterpark. 

We recognize this requires a change to your vacation plans and we are pleased to offer a complimentary upgrade of your stateroom accommodations.  If you purchased an interior stateroom, your stateroom on Carnival Radiance will be upgraded to ocean view.  Guests who purchased an ocean view, will be upgraded to a balcony stateroom.

We are in the process of changing your ship assignment and here’s what you need to know:

• Our team will be doing all the work so there is no need to call us. We expect the work to be completed by August 23, 2020, at which time you will receive an email confirmation with your stateroom number and full itinerary details.

• All pre-purchased items such as Carnival Vacation Protection, gratuities, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop items will automatically transfer with you to the Carnival Radiance.  Any pre-purchased shore excursions, including Faster to the Fun, will be canceled and refunded to the original form of payment.

• If you decide this does not work for you, a request for refund will be honored until September 30, 2020, by calling our contact center or your travel advisor.  After that date, our regular fare rules will apply to any further changes or cancellations.  We ask for your patience as there may be a time between now and August 23, 2020, when neither our team nor our travel agency partners will have access to your reservation as we process this change.

We want to get back to cruising just as soon as we can and look forward to our terrific crew welcoming you back on board!  Thank you for your understanding and support, and please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. 

Sincerely,
bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

Edited by Jamman54

20 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Now I'm thinking that since you are  booked on the Inspiration and your cruise date wasn't changed,  you weren't offered the upgrade. Sorry about that. 

6/21 is now open for new bookings.  There are still 5 out of 6 PT cabins available.