Is it too soon to get excited about my 2022 cruise?

RozWazowski

Hey Y'all! We took our last cruise in 2014 for our honeymoon. It was my husband's first and it was my 4th cruise. We just booked a cruise for August 2022 ... How soon is too soon to get excited? LOL 

The ship hardly had any rooms available to book. I looked at several category types and we finally went for the JR Suite but we didn't have hardly any options to choose from on location. Does that seem normal? Or do they still have ship capacity paired down due to COVID? We like the location we were able to book but I would have thought there would have been a lot more to choose from. 

We haven't been following all the cruise news because we didn't expect to book any time soon. I've never booked one 2 years out before! 🤪

Happy Sailing! Be Well! 

11 minutes ago, RozWazowski said:

Hey Y'all! We took our last cruise in 2014 for our honeymoon. It was my husband's first and it was my 4th cruise. We just booked a cruise for August 2022 ... How soon is too soon to get excited? LOL 

The ship hardly had any rooms available to book. I looked at several category types and we finally went for the JR Suite but we didn't have hardly any options to choose from on location. Does that seem normal? Or do they still have ship capacity paired down due to COVID? We like the location we were able to book but I would have thought there would have been a lot more to choose from. 

We haven't been following all the cruise news because we didn't expect to book any time soon. I've never booked one 2 years out before! 🤪

Happy Sailing! Be Well! 

YIppee and cheering for your cruise with you! 🛳️ I t is never too early to be excited about booking a cruise. My DD is always looking for cruises for she, DGD and myself to enjoy. My DH is a "it's too early to think about it" kind of guy. We actually booked our 2022 POA cruise September 1, 2019! We sailed on POA before and she wanted to make sure we snagged an aft balcony. DH opted out of this cruise. My son and his family are going to join us, and he said booking so early are you kidding me. Meanwhile, we are talking about this cruise at least twice a week and we have three cruises in 2021! Enjoy your cruise and most of all enjoy the excitement of planning.

1 hour ago, RozWazowski said:

Happy Sailing! Be Well! 

FYI> Carnival for sure. Do not know about any other cruise lines. They are holding cabins and letting them go available as they fill the cabins they want filled first. Case in point. I was about to book the Mardi Gras for October 2022 and was told the cabin I wanted was not available. My TA said book and we can switch if and when it becomes available. The very next day I told her to book it but see if they now have the cabin we want available. They just released a lot more cabins to book and the one we wanted was one of them. The cabins on either side were not  available. Wanted the same cabin we have for the October 2021 Mardi Cruise. So, get excited.

FYI> Carnival for sure. Do not know about any other cruise lines. They are holding cabins and letting them go available as they fill the cabins they want filled first. Case in point. I was about to book the Mardi Gras for October 2022 and was told the cabin I wanted was not available. My TA said book and we can switch if and when it becomes available. The very next day I told her to book it but see if they now have the cabin we want available. They just released a lot more cabins to book and the one we wanted was one of them. The cabins on either side were not  available. Wanted the same cabin we have for the October 2021 Mardi Cruise. So, get excited.
That does make me feel better. I'm totally ok with sailing on a half full ship. I was just worried it would end up canceled that far out. I think we got a great spot. My husband loved the Aft and we're in one of the Jr Aft suites. Tiny balcony but huge cabin plus we have a stairwell right around the corner for quick access. At least I hope that stairwell is accessible...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you been in the Junior Suite before? Lovely rooms. I'd be marking my calendar if I were you. So exciting!
Yeahhhhhhh...my ex husband and I were in a suite once but it was a miserable trip! lol
We had literally just decided we were getting divorced about a month before but we'd already paid for the trip. HAHA!

My current hubby ... the good one ... and I couldn't afford a suite on our honeymoon cruise. Anyway ... I'm really looking forward to sharing the experience with someone who is not a jerk.

My first experience with the suite trip was so bad I don't even know the perks of a suite other than it's bigger.

22 minutes ago, RozWazowski said:

Yeahhhhhhh...my ex husband and I were in a suite once but it was a miserable trip! lol
We had literally just decided we were getting divorced about a month before but we'd already paid for the trip. HAHA!

My current hubby ... the good one ... and I couldn't afford a suite on our honeymoon cruise. Anyway ... I'm really looking forward to sharing the experience with someone who is not a jerk.

My first experience with the suite trip was so bad I don't even know the perks of a suite other than it's bigger.

I have sailed in the junior and regular suite on the now gone away Inspiration and Imagination. Both ships were small and the only perks were what you still may find online. The newer ships have a variety of suites and amenities so it will depend on which ship you booked.  I enjoyed the extra room 😃 Enjoy your suite.

Exclusive Amenities
  • Priority check-in, embarkation & debarkation.
  • Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment.
  • Two complimentary large bottles of water.
  • Pillow-top mattresses.
  • Bathrobes.

Never too early. We booked our April 2022 cruise on December 2019. If you haven’t done so, book the Carnival app and enter your booking number. Great way to monitor the painfully slow countdown. 😂

14096630-9AF5-40E7-BB88-BAAB293AF949.jpeg

• Like 1

In November 2019,  (4 weeks after we returned from our Carnival Pride cruise) we booked for October 2021.  That is the longest out that we've booked, but as it turned out, we are glad we had not booked for 2020.  It seemed like a long way off at the time, but we've cut that almost in half.  We never tire of cruising and are always excited about the next one.  It's never too soon to be excited.  For us, planning is part of the fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...