Chance for upgrade from Junior Suite on Legend 2022 cruise

RozWazowski

So we booked a cruise in August 2022. We've never booked one this far out and I'm a little freaked out 🙂 but anyway ... 

We booked one of the Junior Suites on board and I think there are only 2 of that category on this ship. I made the "mistake" of showing my husband the Vista Suite balcony and now we want to upgrade to that cabin category. 

Should we just call and ask if we can upgrade now and pay the difference or should we hold out and hope we get an upgrade call from CCL? It's about a $500 plus difference in price from what we booked which is why I didn't even look at it while making the reservations. Would CCL even let us change our cabin assignment at this point? I've never tried to change my cabin after booking and we've never gotten a call to upgrade our cabin. I'm not the best way to handle. 

Anyone more experienced have any helpful tips? I really appreciate any feedback! Safe Travels and Happy Sailing! 

I'm not sure what ship but the new coming mardi gras is the only ship with a suite with perks.

Up to you if you think it's worth $500 ish for a bigger cabin. Is it in a better location? I think I'm at 179 loyalty pts, not sure how many cruises but at most one time was I offered a upgrade and the upgrade price wasnt a good deal. 

Rcl, JS isn't a full suite, so upgrading gives you perks but not on ccl.

The Cabin we currently have booked has a stairwell in front of one of the windows and a regular sized balcony. This would be a wrap around balcony on the aft. My husband really likes the aft of the ship and this would be pretty cool. I'm trying to justify in my head the worth of a huge private balcony. 

3 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Call and ask to upgrade.  Upgrade calls are few and far between.  I am platinum and have been upgraded once.

That’s one more than me. I have had a bunch of upsell calls, several of which I paid for the offer, but I have never received an upgrade call on any of our 30 plus cruises on Carnival. A couple we cruise with often got an upgrade call the night before a cruise last year, but they have been Diamonds for a long time. They are the only ones I know personally who have gotten an upgrade call within the last few years. 

3 hours ago, chasinraynbowz said:

Call and ask to upgrade.  Upgrade calls are few and far between.  I am platinum and have been upgraded once.

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That’s one more than me. I have had a bunch of upsell calls, several of which I paid for the offer, but I have never received an upgrade call on any of our 30 plus cruises on Carnival. A couple we cruise with often got an upgrade call the night before a cruise last year, but they have been Diamonds for a long time. They are the only ones I know personally who have gotten an upgrade call within the last few years. 

Platinum with Carnival and zero upgrades or upsells.

Elite with Princess and reservations are marked as meta upgrade only. Frequently receive upsells and received three upgrades (once to a suite -- my category was oversold).

Royal Caribbean -- frequently get upsells and once was asked to change my ship/sail date due to an oversell. Offered to upgrade from a 4 night on Independence to a 7 night on Symphony over similar dates with some onboard credit. Couldn't take advantage of it though.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, RozWazowski said:

The Cabin we currently have booked has a stairwell in front of one of the windows and a regular sized balcony. This would be a wrap around balcony on the aft. My husband really likes the aft of the ship and this would be pretty cool. I'm trying to justify in my head the worth of a huge private balcony. 

I believe you should call and upgrade your cabin ASAP!  The Vista Suites sell out, no chance for an upgrade.  The cabin you are describing has no privacy and a tiny balcony.  We have sailed in Vista Suites many times and they are wonderful.  Wrap around balcony, separate living area and bedroom, dressing area, walk in closet,  and jacuzzi tub in bathroom.  If it is only $500 for a 7 day cruise and you can afford it, you will not be disappointed.  Which Vista Suite deck are you looking at?  Deck 4 is totally covered and  has a wider balcony do to the slope of the railing. Deck 4 is our favorite.  Some decks have a smaller cabin size.    

I believe you should call and upgrade your cabin ASAP!  The Vista Suites sell out, no chance for an upgrade.  The cabin you are describing has no privacy and a tiny balcony.  We have sailed in Vista Suites many times and they are wonderful.  Wrap around balcony, separate living area and bedroom, dressing area, walk in closet,  and jacuzzi tub in bathroom.  If it is only $500 for a 7 day cruise and you can afford it, you will not be disappointed.  Which Vista Suite deck are you looking at?  Deck 4 is totally covered and  has a wider balcony do to the slope of the railing. Deck 4 is our favorite.  Some decks have a smaller cabin size.    
Thank you! We called back today and changed our reservation to the Vista. We are so excited! We will be in 4228. I'm so glad you verified all my internet stalking on the cabins today. The 4th level seriously looked better than the others. I think I watched YouTube videos and viewed floor plans for every one of them.

Now for the super long wait......

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, RozWazowski said:

Thank you! We called back today and changed our reservation to the Vista. We are so excited! We will be in 4228. I'm so glad you verified all my internet stalking on the cabins today. The 4th level seriously looked better than the others. I think I watched YouTube videos and viewed floor plans for every one of them.

You will be so happy with the cabin!!!  We were just in cabin 4228 on the Legend in January of this year doing a partial Panama canal trip.  I'll leave you with a video from the balcony.  The "big sky" feel can't be beat.  Enjoy your cruise! 

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOSs5esAIoIldqdTd8O4PzazdFuS5wgwnlIZy_8

That suite on a Spirit class ship is one of the largest on board. The balcony is sensational. A $500 increase is worth every cent.

You are very lucky. Those suites usually go within hours of being offered. I feel you'll be spoiled for any other cabin after enjoying the space inside and the aft wrap balcony. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 6:29 PM, RozWazowski said:

That is the exact ship and cabin hubbs and I have booked for our Jan 2021 cruise. We have had grand suites before, but this is our first time in a Vista suite.  Will try and post pics for you once we get back.  So excited!!

baf

• Like 1

That is the exact ship and cabin hubbs and I have booked for our Jan 2021 cruise. We have had grand suites before, but this is our first time in a Vista suite.  Will try and post pics for you once we get back.  So excited!!

baf
2022 is too long to wait for us. I will be googling everything about the ship between now and then lol

• Like 1