Sirena Medical Center

Littlewh

On the Insignia, it is on the port side.   I had cabin 4028 for six months, which is the closest to it.  I am told, that prior to the refurbishment at the end of 2018, there was a direct door from that cabin into the medical center, which was obliterated during the refurbishment.   Supposedly, that was to allow the medical center to be 'expanded' if the need ever arose...

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

Waiting on being moved from 4035 on Sirena for our 5/21 trip as it has an interconnecting door to the medical centre...Not had any feedback from Oceania about it yet.

Interesting...I just compared the two ships deck plan, and the Med Center on the Sirena is much larger...it lacks cabin 4028 and 4034 that is on the Insignia...

Checking further, it looks like the Regatta and the Nautica are like the Insignia.   And so are the three Azamara ships.  Only the Pacific Princess is like the Sirena and it even has less...just cabin 4035, while the Sirena also has 4038.

I don't know if all eight Renaissance ships started out identically or not, or were modified by their subsequent owners...

10 hours ago, bob brown said:

Checking further, it looks like the Regatta and the Nautica are like the Insignia.   And so are the three Azamara ships.  Only the Pacific Princess is like the Sirena and it even has less...just cabin 4035, while the Sirena also has 4038.

I don't know if all eight Renaissance ships started out identically or not, or were modified by their subsequent owners...

I also noticed this - one of the OV on the opposite side from 4035 is also an accessible. Not always marked on the deck plan however. 

10 hours ago, bob brown said:

Not all were the same

Azamara added PH cabins on deck 8 

Princess put extra H/C  cabins on deck 4 on the now  Sirena

6 minutes ago, ToxM said:

I also noticed this - one of the OV on the opposite side from 4035 is also an accessible. Not always marked on the deck plan however. 

On Sirena  they have 2 outside H/C cabins  4052  & 4056

Are those the ones you are talking about ??

14 hours ago, ToxM said:

Waiting on being moved from 4035 on Sirena for our 5/21 trip as it has an interconnecting door to the medical centre...Not had any feedback from Oceania about it yet.

maybe they are waiting to see if they actually sail  😎

54 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

On Sirena  they have 2 outside H/C cabins  4052  & 4056

Are those the ones you are talking about ??

I think so yes. I am interested to see if they leave us in the one attached to the medical centre. Time will tell I suppose. 

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

maybe they are waiting to see if they actually sail  😎

It’s certainly a good point. 

At this point we either have a nice cruise in a cabin of some sort but probably not the cabin we booked, or we have a tdy savings plan financially backing up a cruise line we like to use, with the potential of a 25% return in said investment. 

27 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Don't say that Lyn... I'm on that sailing too. 😁

I am hoping they get back to sailing soon

I am not booking anything  right now   so have to do other things to occupy my dreams  of sailing LOL

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, ToxM said:

not sure I recall Port or Starboard side of the ship, but cabin 4035 absolutely did not have a door connecting to the medical center when we occupied it on our trip to Cuba in May of 2018.   It was an accessible cabin, which we didn't ask for or require, but as it happened, it was extra roomy with a large bathroom.   You should be sure that whoever is telling you there is a door to the medical center is sure before you give up the cabin, if you require the handicapped floorplan.   

2 hours ago, WFHFLOYD said:

not sure I recall Port or Starboard side of the ship, but cabin 4035 absolutely did not have a door connecting to the medical center when we occupied it on our trip to Cuba in May of 2018.   It was an accessible cabin, which we didn't ask for or require, but as it happened, it was extra roomy with a large bathroom.   You should be sure that whoever is telling you there is a door to the medical center is sure before you give up the cabin, if you require the handicapped floorplan.   

Interesting, thank you! More than likely not going to change this cabin, but thats good info to know - thank you!

It would seem that the two other accessible insides on deck 4 on Sirena are now no longer available, which might be part of their Covid planning. 

78089224-3E36-4510-BFD5-E426A1FCF23B.jpeg

one more tidbit on cabin 4035, for what it's worth Tom.   It looks nothing like the brochure picture - the bed is on the left wall as you enter from the hallway, with the 'seating area' straight ahead as you enter.  There was only one chair (plus the desk stool) in the room, but we asked for another chair, which was promptly delivered.  Lots of closet space and a big bathroom with a roll in shower on the right side of the suite.  The fact that it was an inside cabin was of no consequence to us, because, as is your cruise, you are probably up and out of the cabin every single day on the itinerary you have.   I hope you sail!  ps my sister has lived in London for 30 yrs, and we've so enjoyed our visits to your fantastic city!   

7 hours ago, ToxM said:

78089224-3E36-4510-BFD5-E426A1FCF23B.jpeg

The photo  is that of the standard inside  not  H/C  cabin

On the RTW cruise thread  for last year  Bob Brown posted photos of the H/C cabin on Deck 4 of Insignia  probably very similar to Sirena 

good point.  we were onboard 5/20/18-5/28/18, 'postcards from cuba'.   i don't recall the decor, but the cabin layout did not include a sofa (a chair instead), to allow space for wheelchair movement.  there was plenty of room for the additional chair, since we did not use a wheelchair.  

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

The photo  is that of the standard inside  not  H/C  cabin

On the RTW cruise thread  for last year  Bob Brown posted photos of the H/C cabin on Deck 4 of Insignia  probably very similar to Sirena 

The photo is of a stand inside, yes, my attention was drawn to the bottom bullet point not the photo. I am aware that the layout is different. 

• 2 weeks later...