How long for FDC on cancelled cruise to be available again?

lorri111

Cruise on Sea next May cancelled by Princess but cruise is still coming up as "live" in my Personalizer. How long is it likely to be before the FCD I used to book it becomes available again in my account? Don't want to book another cruise without it.

Edited by lorri111

7 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

My 11 Oct 20 cruise out of Sydney was cancelled on 23 Jul and it showed up just shy of 60 day mark - around 19-20 Sep mark

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for that. I just got through on online chat with someone from Princess and they said they don't know how it will be treated yet, whether it will be available for reuse, refunded or turned into FCC. Very annoying, these FCD's are very valuable

2 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Thanks for that. I just got through on online chat with someone from Princess and they said they don't know how it will be treated yet, whether it will be available for reuse, refunded or turned into FCC. Very annoying, these FCD's are very valuable

They are for sure. I happen to had a large deposit on the cancelled cruise but not full fare - getting 100% extra of that was nice.

Did they give you any indication on when to request cash refund by? FCDs will probably come after the deadline for cash refund requests as a lot of older posts suggested.

The deadline given to us was 31 August so really it took them like 20 days to process them after this.

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

3 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

They are for sure.

Did they give you any indication on when to request cash refund by? FCDs will probably come after the deadline for cash refund requests as a lot of older posts suggested.

The deadline given to us was 31 August so really it took them like 20 days to process them after this.

Michael

31st Oct. But I don't want it refunded to credit card I want it back at FCD, don't know why that isn't system- automatic once a cruise is cancelled. How long did it take for your cruise to fall off your bookings - mine is still "live"?

2 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

31st Oct. But I don't want it refunded to credit card I want it back at FCD, don't know why that isn't system- automatic once a cruise is cancelled. How long did it take for your cruise to fall off your bookings - mine is still "live"?

It's still on my cruise personaliser as an active booking - but with no values in there. Mind you their IT is quite a "genius" - apparently someone's cancelled cruise from ages ago was showing as "sailing" on their Medallion app 🙄

If you want an FCD just do nothing - they'll automatically credit that to you. And that's what we did beforehand as well.

Update - the booking finally got dropped off today. Was still there yesterday.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by eamondzhang

3 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

It's still on my cruise personaliser as an active booking - but with no values in there. Mind you their IT is quite a "genius" - apparently someone's cancelled cruise from ages ago was showing as "sailing" on their Medallion app 🙄

If you want an FCD just do nothing - they'll automatically credit that to you. And that's what we did beforehand as well.

Update - the booking finally got dropped off today. Was still there yesterday.

Cheers,

Michael

Good grief, it took 2 months for the booking to fall off??!!

Just now, lorri111 said:

Good grief, it took 2 months for the booking to fall off??!!

Oh yeah, welcome to Princess's IT - lol

The only thing I can praise them (as I work in the industry) is their back-end finance system. Everything else including most of the customer-facing pages are pretty meh at best - IMO I would say only the Medallion app was an exemption but then I saw the thread another day about the sailing cancelled cruise lol.

Michael

2 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Oh yeah, welcome to Princess's IT - lol

The only thing I can praise them (as I work in the industry) is their back-end finance system. Everything else including most of the customer-facing pages are pretty meh at best - IMO I would say only the Medallion app was an exemption but then I saw the thread another day about the sailing cancelled cruise lol.

Michael

Well thanks for the info. No more booking for me till it turns up then 😞

Just now, lorri111 said:

Well thanks for the info. No more booking for me till it turns up then 😞

Fingers crossed it'll show up soon - I see you're coming from Perth and Majestic actually has quite a deal on her last voyage out! Hopefully you won't miss that lol.

Cheers,

Michael

28 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Another thought - I have another FCD with another cruise that might need to be cancelled. Am I likely to get FCD back quicker if I cancel it myself rather than wait for Princess to do it?

Maybe, but then you might risk forfelting any money they offered

Unless this is already a bonus FCD from previous cruise - in that case I don't have an answer ufnortunately

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, eamondzhang said:

Maybe, but then you might risk forfelting any money they offered

Unless this is already a bonus FCD from previous cruise - in that case I don't have an answer ufnortunately

Cheers,

Michael

Good point about loosing out on bonus. then again it is not a great amount on a $100 FCD

55 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Good point about loosing out on bonus. then again it is not a great amount on a $100 FCD

Well you can always add deposits onto the file before they canned them if you're pretty sure that's what is going to happen - and then they'll gonna get you more money for it 😉

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, trvlwrld said:

I just called my PVP and she transferred it over to a new booking..showed up in 30 minutes

For me my cancelled one was with my PVP but she doesn't seem to be with PCL any longer as I can't get a hold onto her now

I'll probably use an agent that I used before for my next booking as it can save me quite a few hundred bucks per person

Michael

Stupid question, what does PVP stand for, a travel agent or a princess rep? I haven't have a personal princess rep for years since she left. and i have not booked with a travel agent for even longer, since having all sorts of problems with them in past

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Stupid question, what does PVP stand for, a travel agent or a princess rep? I haven't have a personal princess rep for years since she left. and i have not booked with a travel agent for even longer, since having all sorts of problems with them in past

Princess Vacation Planner

I have gone between booking direct, booking with PVP and via travel agent now - obviously I'm more a deal seeker lol

Michael

5 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

Princess Vacation Planner

I have gone between booking direct, booking with PVP and via travel agent now - obviously I'm more a deal seeker lol

Michael

Do you get any extras from booking with PVP rather than just doing it online?

6 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Do you get any extras from booking with PVP rather than just doing it online?

Not much really - that's why I did not try and reconnect with another PVP after my Oct cruise was canned

It's only a freebie that never arrived into my cabin (yeah) and extra $25 pp OBC - I don't really need this thanks. If it's $125 it might lure me that way but not with $25

Michael

5 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Booking will not disappear until your payment is processed, aparrently after October 31.

If this was like Pause 4, if you do nothing the FCD will turn into an FCC of $100 plus a bonus FCC which for Pause 4 was 100% or $100. If you click on the link for a refund, I do not know if the FCC will turn back into an FCD.

Contact Princess and have them enter into your booking records that you want the FCD restored so you can use it again with the FCD benefits. That you neither want a refund or FCCs.

Then a couple of days later contact them again and make sure they did put that in your records.

It is OK to ask for another PVP to do this for you in your PVP is no longer there.

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

Booking will not disappear until your payment is processed, aparrently after October 31.

If this was like Pause 4, if you do nothing the FCD will turn into an FCC of $100 plus a bonus FCC which for Pause 4 was 100% or $100. If you click on the link for a refund, I do not know if the FCC will turn back into an FCD.

Contact Princess and have them enter into your booking records that you want the FCD restored so you can use it again with the FCD benefits. That you neither want a refund or FCCs.

Then a couple of days later contact them again and make sure they did put that in your records.

It is OK to ask for another PVP to do this for you in your PVP is no longer there.

Thanks for the advice, sounds good

On 2 Sept, Princess cancelled our 3 Grand Princess cruises due to redeployment of the Grand.  They are still listed as Upcoming Cruises and FCDs still show being assigned to those bookings..  Two of those FCDs are now expired and I am sure that I will receive that amount to my credit card one day.  The 3rd FCD will hopefully be return to "Active" status and be available to used for a future cruise.  I had  made an extra partial payment of  $1000 to one of those cruises and still waiting for that to go back to my credit card.  

On 2 Sept,  I had my TA cancel the 4th Grand Princess cruise (had a b2b2b2b).  That FCD was returned to "Active" status immediately after TA cancelled the cruise and I  then had it applied  to a new booking.  The partial payment of $1000 for that cruise was refunded to my credit card on 3 Sept.

Edited by coo359a2

• 4 weeks later...

My cruise was cancelled on March 7/20. 
My Personalizer was corrected and updated last week  & it now shows my FCD to use by March 2021. 
It took several emails & phone calls to get them back as FCD. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:37 PM, trvlwrld said:

I just called my PVP and she transferred it over to a new booking..showed up in 30 minutes

Interesting as my PVP said it would get transferred once the "credit department" take care of it.

Hard to know who to believe.