Mariner Concierge deck 10?

vegasdriven

Hi folks. We have a cruise booked with deposit for Mar 21 which we realize is not happening, so we want to switch to one that goes later in the year. We are looking at the amazon explorer Nov 21 which is nearly completely waitlisted. The only available suites are concierge on deck 10, and yes we realize they are under the pool ( hence the availability).

My question is -how bad is it-there are no reviews of these suites in suite guru. We are early risers, so chairs being moved around at 6am wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker, but I am just wondering does anyone ever book these suites or are they so bad that they just sail empty?

I booked a cabin under the pool deck only once. We had rough seas overnight and the water in the pool was sloshing so much, it was banging the side of the pool. It sounded like they were dropping girders on the deck. It took them several hours before they drained the pool. If you are not cruising in possible rough waters, you would only hear them setting up the lounge chairs in the early morning. 

16 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

We have a cruise booked with deposit for Mar 21 which we realize is not happening

5 months to go and 3 months until you have to commit final payment.

16 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

The only available suites are concierge on deck 10

How about going on the waitlist for a better positioned suite?

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

5 months to go and 3 months until you have to commit final payment.

My May departure has final payment due in December, 151 days in advance.  My cruise is 15 days, and according to the T&Cs, shorter bookings are due at 121 days.  Also, that is when the 25% penalty kicks in (for US customers), and once that happens you would have to pay in full to take advantage of Regent Reassurance to get FCC but not a refund. 

Are you saying that they have shortened the final payment to only 60 days before departure?  Or is it just the UK final payment that is due at 60 days?  Has final payment always been 60 days in the UK?

56 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

My May departure has final payment due in December, 151 days in advance.  My cruise is 15 days, and according to the T&Cs, shorter bookings are due at 121 days.  Also, that is when the 25% penalty kicks in (for US customers), and once that happens you would have to pay in full to take advantage of Regent Reassurance to get FCC but not a refund. 

Are you saying that they have shortened the final payment to only 60 days before departure?  Or is it just the UK final payment that is due at 60 days?  Has final payment always been 60 days in the UK?

UK and USA T&C are very different, with varied consumer laws.

You cannot compare across the pond.

1 hour ago, SusieQft said:

Are you saying that they have shortened the final payment to only 60 days before departure?

As I understand it, all Regent cruises to end of March 2021 have had the final payment date moved to 60 days prior to departure (same for US & UK bookings)

On 8/26/2020 at 5:57 PM, Anchorbuoy said:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: AUGUST 26, 2020

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for voyages departing through March 31, 2021 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

An updated invoice will be issued today reflecting your new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Edited by flossie009

32 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

As I understand it, all Regent cruises to end of March 2021 have had the final payment date moved to 60 days prior to departure (same for US & UK bookings)

I guess that explains why I did not get the memo, since my booking is for May.  I did look on the website and could not find anything about it.  I find it annoyingly opaque that such details are not posted on the Regent website.  And yes, it probably has been mentioned on Cruise Critic, but since I am following more than one line and it did not affect me, I could not remember the details.  This is what led me to the UK vs US terms question.

Flossie, to your points- I realize we can wait longer, but don't want to take the chance of everything being booked.

-thinking about the waitlisting option, but want to be sure we get the walkin shower and not the tub. Is it possible to choose a suite and be put on the wait list if something else comes available?

Edited by vegasdriven

15 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I find it annoyingly opaque that such details are not posted on the Regent website.

I agree.

Regent has done the right thing for their customers, in this case, but has only communicated it to those directly affected. 

14 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

I realize we can wait longer, but don't want to take the chance of everything being booked.

I understand; this is a popular cruise and now appears to be waitlisted throughout.

Glad we already have a booking for the suite of our choice 🙂 - deck 9, shower only PHC 😎

thinking about the waitlisting option, but want to be sure we get the walkin shower and not the tub.

If you are on the waitlist and then are offered a suite you do not have to accept what is offered.

(If you are sold a Guarantee then you do not have a choice)

I believe you can waitlist in more than one suite category.

Is it possible to choose a suite and be put on the wait list if something else comes available?

Worth asking; I don't see why not & suites often come available around the time of final payment

9 hours ago, flossie009 said:

I understand; this is a popular cruise and now appears to be waitlisted throughout.

Glad we already have a booking for the suite of our choice 🙂 - deck 9, shower only PHC 😎

flossie, does this mean you are booked on this cruise? Would be fun to meet another CC celebrity- we met uunetbill on our first Regent cruise Jan 2019.

9 hours ago, flossie009 said:

6 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

flossie, does this mean you are booked on this cruise?

Yes, we are booked on the Nov 2021 Amazon cruise and look forward to the interesting itinerary on one of our favourite ships.  
(We also have a booking for March 2021 on Explorer and still hope it sails. We will review before final payment in January)

Did you make the change from March to November?

I don’t think that there is a roll call for the November Mariner cruise as yet.

Edited by flossie009

I am going to contact our TA today and get on the wait list. I hope your Mar cruise goes. 
We are very sad to cancel our Rio to Barcelona in Mar, but even if there is a vaccine by then, I can’t imagine Rio would be good to visit at that time. 
As well, being Canadian, with the travel rules very strict here, I think it will be awhile before we can even do international travel. Even Nov 21 might not be long enough, but we shall book if we can, and hope for the best.