Pack our Bags- VP Pence overrules CDC Guidelines

Yes, it is your "inalienable" right to get on a cruise ship.  Yes, it is your right to choose whether you wish to risk getting infected on that cruise. It is not your right, nor has it ever been since this great country was founded, to bring an infectious disease into the country and risk the greater population, when you return from exercising your right to cruise.  This is what the CDC has done, mitigating the risk, not to the people on the cruise, but to the people who didn't go on the cruise, and didn't ask to be possibly infected by them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, nofocruiser said:

I've been to Restaurant Depot and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they will need more than what Restaurant Depot can supply.  

So, what you are saying is fly the crew to Barbados or Curacao and have them meet the ship there?  Do you think that the CDC might meet the ship when it arrives in Miami any other Florida port and test them?

I was on the Nieuw Staatendam in March 2020(the last sailing before they all shut down), 2/3 of the ship had disembarked when they halted the process because someone had passed away on the ship.  We were not allowed off until it was determined that the person did not die of Covid-19, we had to wait an extra  8 hours to disembark.  Then we drove home and quarantined for 2 weeks, just in case.  About 10 days into our 14 day quarantine we received an email from HAL that a passenger from our sailing had contracted the virus.  We were fine, but imagine if the virus spread?   A friend of ours was on the  Coral Princess that was stuck at sea for awhile.  She doesn't speak highly of the experience.  

Different scale. Sysco has many warehouses and can accommodate accordingly.

If I remember correctly, the last HAL was the Zaandam. Crew on many ships had no problems entering for service calls.