April 22, 2021 Regatta Sailing...

Nashna

We are scheduled to make our final payment on November 23rd.  Hopefully, the situation will be clearer then.  I'm not too concerned about Oceania having a contract with the Astoria Port that expires at the end of April.  My experience with contracts has been the longer the contract, the better the rate.  A six-month contract might have provided O with a better deal.  There is nothing to deter O from leaving Astoria a few weeks earlier.  Of course, it is possible that O is going to have major schedule changes as they adapt to the cruising new normal.

We are seeing large increases of Covid cases throughout the United States and Europe. Unless Covid conditions improve dramatically, I don't believe cruising is going to be an option in the US next Spring.

I have been in contact with our TA regarding our options as we are starting the penalty phase with O. on October 23.  I certainly don't envy travel professionals as they confront all this confusion on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Pursuant to the contract with the Port Authority, she’ll be there at least until the end of April. Anyone with a scheduled cruise on her before then needs to accept the facts.

I'm one of those people and I know that there is almost no chance that the South Pacific itinerary in March will be happening.   I won't be making my final payment in January.  If all these cruises are going to be canceled they should stop taking bookings on them!

On 10/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, pinotlover said:

Pursuant to the contract with the Port Authority, she’ll be there at least until the end of April. Anyone with a scheduled cruise on her before then needs to accept the facts.

I would rather look at the possibility that she will be in a convenient spot to sail to San Francisco for the 22nd of April sailing.  At $75,000 per month in docking fees, it would be cost effective to lose the ten days of port fees to gain the revenue they would receive from two eighteen day sailings.  As I mentioned in a previous post, a six month contract might work out to be more cost effective than a five month, twenty day one.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

I would rather look at the possibility that she will be in a convenient spot to sail to San Francisco for the 22nd of April sailing.  At $75,000 per month in docking fees, it would be cost effective to lose the ten days of port fees to gain the revenue they would receive from two eighteen day sailings.  As I mentioned in a previous post, a six month contract might work out to be more cost effective than a five month, twenty day one.

When you wish upon a Star ..,

May the sailing Gods smile upon you, and grant this wish 

Edited by pinotlover

43 minutes ago, Nashna said:

I have read that the first possible date for a vaccine is the end of November.  I'll believe it when Dr. Fauci says its ready. 

Even if this was true - and that's a big IF - I would wait until a little more is known about the efficacy and safety of vaccines in actual usage of the vaccine.

• Like 1