FCC and OBC

LMC

I applied FCC from an October, 2020 cruise to an April, 2021 cruise.  I booked my October cruise onboard a sailing and received $700 OBC- should I expect to be able to carry that to the April cruise?? Has anyone done this???

Thank you!!!

Just now, LMC said:

I applied FCC from an October, 2020 cruise to an April, 2021 cruise.  I booked my October cruise onboard a sailing and received $700 OBC- should I expect to be able to carry that to the April cruise?? Has anyone done this???

Thank you!!!

Yes..I think we have done as you areasking ...we were carrying a $250 OBC on our cancelled Asia cruise for November...this was what we received for booking on board back in 2017 and we had moved it around a few times since then...when our cruise was cancelled we asked for FCC instead of refund for cruise fare and I emailed celebrity and asked that the 250 OBC we were carrying was moved to a different cruise we had already got booked and they did .

28 minutes ago, LMC said:

Thank you!!!

You need to check.  If you did a lift and shift then Definately yes.  If you or Celebrity cancelled and then used your FCC and rebooked then probably not.

The other question is the $750 OBC - Is it from your TA?  Or Celebrity?  If from your TA then you need to ask them.

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need to check.  If you did a lift and shift then Definately yes.  If you or Celebrity cancelled and then used your FCC and rebooked then probably not.

The other question is the $750 OBC - Is it from your TA?  Or Celebrity?  If from your TA then you need to ask them.

Even if you cancelled your cruise while the Cruise with Confidence program was in effect the book onboard part of the OBC is transferable to a new reservation.  Not any "perks" that may have been part of the original booking.

I cancelled a NRD Nov cruise before final payment and got my reduced deposit $100 pp as FCC.   Over a month later I booked a new cruise in a concierge room and I think it was $150 OBC book onboard bonus was applied when I gave them the old cancelled reservation number.

Update----I spoke with the Celebrity Rep.  The $400 OBC was the perk at the time that I booked the cruise while onboard the Equinox.  The cruise that was cancelled for October, 2020 was a 12 night cruise.  The Cruise I wanted to transfer the OBC to was on the Apex in April- I have a B 2 B 7 night (total 14).  But, as you know a B 2 B is just 2 7 night cruises.  So, I ended up with $250 OBC instead of $400 because of the length of the cruise.  I'm ok with it!!!!

• Thanks 1

How long is it taking for your FCC to show up in your new reservation?  Celebrity canceled a March 2021 Asia cruise we had scheduled and we ask that the FCC be applied to a newly booked March 2021 Caribbean cruise two weeks ago.  We still have not seen the FCC applied to our new cruise. 

47 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

How long is it taking for your FCC to show up in your new reservation?  Celebrity canceled a March 2021 Asia cruise we had scheduled and we ask that the FCC be applied to a newly booked March 2021 Caribbean cruise two weeks ago.  We still have not seen the FCC applied to our new cruise. 

Actually, I called Celebrity 3 times and was given 3 different answers. I ended up calling Captains Club, and once they got hold of it it was all done in 24 hours.  I never got and email from Celebrity and I just took control myself. Good luck!

7 hours ago, LMC said:

Update----I spoke with the Celebrity Rep.  The $400 OBC was the perk at the time that I booked the cruise while onboard the Equinox.  The cruise that was cancelled for October, 2020 was a 12 night cruise.  The Cruise I wanted to transfer the OBC to was on the Apex in April- I have a B 2 B 7 night (total 14).  But, as you know a B 2 B is just 2 7 night cruises.  So, I ended up with $250 OBC instead of $400 because of the length of the cruise.  I'm ok with it!!!!

I've not booked while on-board.  For my upcoming B2B, May 2021, got $300 OBC for each.  Is the trick to book on-board and negotiate for more OBC?

3 minutes ago, LMC said:

Actually, I called Celebrity 3 times and was given 3 different answers. I ended up calling Captains Club, and once they got hold of it it was all done in 24 hours.  I never got and email from Celebrity and I just took control myself. Good luck!

Thank you.  My TA said to hold off until week after next and I think I'll let her see if she can handle it before I call CC.

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I've not booked while on-board.  For my upcoming B2B, May 2021, got $300 OBC for each.  Is the trick to book on-board and negotiate for more OBC?

It all depends what the incentive at the time is. You can’t really negotiate with celebrity for OBC, but if you use a TA you can transfer that booking and often they will sweeten the pot!

30 minutes ago, LMC said:

It all depends what the incentive at the time is. You can’t really negotiate with celebrity for OBC, but if you use a TA you can transfer that booking and often they will sweeten the pot!

Interesting.  So if I move my B2B that I booked directly through Celebrity, to a TA, they MAY be able to get me more OBC?  

43 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Interesting.  So if I move my B2B that I booked directly through Celebrity, to a TA, they MAY be able to get me more OBC?  

You only have 45 days from initial booking to transfer to a TA.   Different TAs offer different incentives to get your business.   There are web sites specifically designed to allow TA's to compete for your cruise a simple google should get you to that site.   Selecting a TA is a tricky business, one the the best suggestions is to chat with fellow cruisers onboard and get personal recommendations.   Taking the highest offer may not be the best situation depending on the level of service you may require.

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

You only have 45 days from initial booking to transfer to a TA.   Different TAs offer different incentives to get your business.   There are web sites specifically designed to allow TA's to compete for your cruise a simple google should get you to that site.   Selecting a TA is a tricky business, one the the best suggestions is to chat with fellow cruisers onboard and get personal recommendations.   Taking the highest offer may not be the best situation depending on the level of service you may require.

Great info and advice, thanks!  At this point will stay status qou then but do some research on-line as you suggest.  In May will have delightful masked up convo with some cruisers and get some feedback.

Also if you make your next booking onboard there is generally a reduced deposit and an OBC bonus based on the number of nights and stateroom category in addition to the standard booking perks.   Then the reservation can be transferred to your TA for additional perks provided by the TA.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

You have up to  60 days from the initial booking to make the transfer.

Totally agree with the suggestion to talk with fellow cruisers to get recommendation

for TAs.  We used the site that lets TAs compete and in the end got burned and ending up costing us more $ than had we just booked with Celebrity.  We now use a TA that offers some great rates or OBC.  Not  that we are actually getting either since all our cruises are being cancelled 😢 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1