The Celebration booking engine deck plans are different.

naxer

I booked a stateroom on the Celebration with a uniquely shaped balcony, using the Carnival booking engine and confirmed through one of the Carnival site's windows for deck plans.  When I go to the deck plans on Carnival's site though another window, that room has a different number, is a suite, and the number for the stateroom I booked is a little farther stern.   When I look at the Mardi Gras (in my experience, different ships of the same class have the same numbering), the booking engine stateroom numbers are different on the Celebration, at least for that deck.  I wonder where that room number will be once the ship is built?

2 hours ago, naxer said:

I booked a stateroom on the Celebration with a uniquely shaped balcony, using the Carnival booking engine and confirmed through one of the Carnival site's windows for deck plans.  When I go to the deck plans on Carnival's site though another window, that room has a different number, is a suite, and the number for the stateroom I booked is a little farther stern.   When I look at the Mardi Gras (in my experience, different ships of the same class have the same numbering), the booking engine stateroom numbers are different on the Celebration, at least for that deck.  I wonder where that room number will be once the ship is built?

It happens, would be easier to comment if we knew the room number.

Celebration has a different cabin layout and slightly different stateroom numbering than the Mardi Gras.

In the aft on deck 9-14 (?) on Celebration also has 2-3 more cabins on each deck than on the Mardi Gras.

Edited by monsterl

12 hours ago, monsterl said:

Celebration has a different cabin layout and slightly different stateroom numbering than the Mardi Gras.

In the aft on deck 9-14 (?) on Celebration also has 2-3 more cabins on each deck than on the Mardi Gras.

That might explain why some suite rooms on the Mardi Gras aren't suite rooms on the Celebration.  I even called Carnival and sent a screen shot of the difference.  The person on the phone didn't have any answers though, as to which deck plan and numberings were more accurate.  (To me it's not that big of a deal--I just thought the bigger balcony on the deck plans, for the regular balcony price. would be nice to have.)

Edited by naxer

I wrote JH, and was asked for copies of what I was seeing.  I went back to the different sites to get screen shots, and now all the deck plans match on the site.  They all show that we will have the differently shaped balcony like on the booking engine.  I'm happy.

18 hours ago, naxer said:

I wrote JH, and was asked for copies of what I was seeing.  I went back to the different sites to get screen shots, and now all the deck plans match on the site.  They all show that we will have the differently shaped balcony like on the booking engine.  I'm happy.

not all of them:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Carnival-Celebration-2106/deck11-7220

On 10/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, naxer said:

That might explain why some suite rooms on the Mardi Gras aren't suite rooms on the Celebration.  I even called Carnival and sent a screen shot of the difference.  The person on the phone didn't have any answers though, as to which deck plan and numberings were more accurate.  (To me it's not that big of a deal--I just thought the bigger balcony on the deck plans, for the regular balcony price. would be nice to have.)

True, the people you talk to on the phone are just looking at what you are looking at.

Edited by jimbo5544