H...Happy
A...Always smiling
L...Love 
L...Laugh
O...Overjoyed with getting candy dropped in your bag

W...Walking door to door

E...Eating candy
E...Eating more candy
N...Never saying I feel sick, saying I'm tired of eating candy or I'm to tired to go out more

Adults Version Of Halloween down below

Gee some kid at the door again

What kind of candy do I want now..I've only had a few (famous last words)

Gee another kid at the door

Gee we're out of candy..

How did that happen

Something I read...

We don't need to have Halloween this year.......

We've been wearing a mask for seven months and eating candy

Thank you so much for starting the thread ... loved the poem.   We have decided (first time ever) that we will not be doing Halloween this year ... its sad, but for the best.

We have also decided that unless something changes (even Maine's numbers are going up) we will not be having Thanksgiving or Christmas with the kids.  I have cried a lot this week.  It is my favorite holidays and I love the time with my family, but it is for the best right now.  I have been in the dumps this week (which is why I haven't been on the boards) ... sometimes it gets really difficult ... but, I know we will all get through it.

I have kept to my healthy eating (and not overeating), but the scales didn't move as much as I wanted them too ... I am down 0.8# this week ... better than nothing!!! or a gain!

Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Belle. Love the poem.   

I have been treating myself to 4 lifesavers a day (proud of myself I in past it would a minimum of 20).  

it is finally fall in Houston area 45 degrees   66% humidity —-have to delay walk until it warms up a little. -  rather than dragging my self out at 7 to beat the heat.

weight loss 2.6 this week total for October 6.4—  which is 3.8% of total wt.  Pleased with progress have a routine I can live with.

18 Christmas masks in progress.  Favorite fabric is the grinch.

everyone hang in there.

Jan. 
you are doing great 

My oldest now 50 makes the phrase “son are your sons til they take a wife”.  True— he is in TN  talks to his in-laws min of 2x day.  Communicates with me abt 6x year.   The other son and granddaughter  live in Houston  we touch base minimum of  monthly .  

Focus on the new you.   With no contact you can better regulate the food in your house.

there is something abt fall season - many people suffer from the blues.

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread, nice message.Treats are what's doing me in! I looked at my MFP numbers yesterday & my snacks were equal in calories to my breakfast & lunch combined!!

Sorry I didn't check in last week, no real reason.

I am the same weight I was 2 weeks ago.

Jan ~ sorry you're feeling so sad about the holidays. It must be hard when you're used to seeing your family. WIth mine being 3 hours drive away & the other an almost 3 hour flight, I hardly get to see them so am used to holidays alone, turkey for 2 as I like to call it!😉

Izena ~ good going with the loss & making masks.

My 2 are girls & one I hear from weekly for about an hour, the other, whose works involves being on the phone all day, hardly ever calls but does text occasionally.

Have a good weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Belle, great poem and thoughts. I love the last line. No candy in our house. 

I stayed the same again. Ok, I'll take it.....

Jan, you had a loss, that's great. Sorry you're bummed. I feel (and many others) that way too. I've shed tears as well. It's hard to keep an uplifting frame of mind. 

We don't have kids but my sister/family is 2 hours away.  No plans to see them over the holidays. 

Izena, great loss. Congrats. We also had 45 degrees this morning.

Jo, stay the same is ok. Glad you checked in this week. 

Take care everyone, Diana

I think my daughter lives here (actually 9 miles east, son is 4 miles west but he's not here all the time). Yes daughters stay more in touch. True for sisters too. 

10 hours ago, Belle said:

Candy through the lips

Lands on the hips

I'm up. I felt like chocolate so I bought a Boston cream pie and ate it. Yes, me. They don't like cake. I'd be better off if I bought a candy bar 🍫 just 1 not a bag

Congrats to everyone who managed to lose or stay the same (Mel, Izena, Jo)

Hello everyone..Good to see you...know some days harder to come in.

Dealing with this virus for over 7 months and putting up with this election mess

is getting to us all. I know we all have depression in some form or other.

Proud of you all for still coming in and giving it a good fight.

Jan...Glad you had a loss and sorry your so sad. With the counts going up and your "kids"

working and when you get together there's quite a few of you.  Don't know what I'm doing

and will only be 4 of us. With counts going up and them working in the public..so hard.

Izena...You are doing so good on the weight loss. Think you have had a steady weight loss each week.

Good job on making the masks for Christmas. Do you sell them or give them away?

Jo...Glad you came in, miss and worry when you don't come in.  Like wonder where Rose and Pac are.

Glad you stayed the same with eating snacks. This time with everything going on snacks seem like

comfort food to me.

Diana...Staying the same always better than a gain even when we wish it was a loss.

No candy here either but can't seem to not buy Ice Cream!

Ombud...I know Chocolate calls my name too.  Why does it have to have so many calories?

Dark chocolate is good for us but only one square at a time. What's up with that?:classic_rolleyes:

Me...I stayed the same, I'm glad...Ice cream this week. Comfort food. Depression here too.

Like all of you don't get to see the "kids" very much. Daughter more because shops for me.

She calls more too. Son does but not as much.  We all have to do it to keep them and us safe mainly if they work

with the public and don't live with us.

Depression hitting me at times because I'm alone. I was an only child. Husband and parents gone. Don't see my children much. Don't go out because our counts keep going up.  With all this going on....I'm not doing anything in the

house. No motivation to do anything.  Why clean or clean out things because I never see anyone. I know it's

stupid but that is how I feel at times.   All I read is some people being so busy doing this and that.

Does anyone feel like me? Am I the only "lazy" one? Not really lazy but just not feeling it. I really want

some things done but don't want strangers in my house at this time. You don't know how they live their lives.

Then since not getting those things done I don't do anything except what I have to. Not helping that it will be

dark at 5 pm this weekend when changing time. Now before 7 pm.

Gee I've written a book. Maybe venting will help me and maybe someone else reading and know their not alone 

for having motivation everyday.

Thanks for listening (reading)

Thanks for the poem Belle. Good to stay the same with ice cream!

Jan - Nice loss. sorry you're feeling down. 

Izena - Great loss!

Jo - nice to hear from you. Same is good.

Diana - same is good.

Ombud - sorry you're up this week. 

I'm ready for the election to be over too. I can't stand the ads on TV.

I'm actually a little excited about the time change this year. The science curriculum we use has the astronomy unit at the end of the year when it gets dark after the kids bedtime. I've always had to tweak the experiments for the kids. I finally got smart this year, and I'm moving it up to start in a week or two.  

Candy hasn't been an issue for me this year since I bagged it all up and sealed the bags with a heat sealer. The kids haven't even asked for any! We got some teal pumpkin goodies to give out as well - slime, bubbles, and some jumping emoji toys are all sealed up too.

Our family is the opposite. DH always spoke to his family more than I spoke to my Mom. I would talk to mine every week and a half or so, and we call his mom every week like clockwork. With my DD's autism, I'm sure my son will initiate calls with us more than she will when they're adults. 

My MIL is here tomorrow, so I probably won't check in again until Monday evening or Tuesday. Have a great week everyone!

Jan I hope you feel better. I do. There will be days we have our low points.

We were talking about our children and.....................

Talked to both of my "kids" tonight.  Usually my daughter does many things for me (my son does too)

but she lives closer seems easier for her to come by.  Now my son's turn. He order some things for me

to be delivered on Tues. and is coming Wed. to do a couple of things for me around the house like put

summer umbrella up and the suitcases up..no cruises to use them for.:classic_ohmy: We will have takeout for lunch.

On Wed. hope we can both be happy with the news from Tuesday night! I know it could take longer.

Everyone enjoy your Friday.  

Ombud, sorry you're up but only temporary I'm sure. 

Mel, have a nice time with MIL.

Belle, I think we can all relate to how you feel. Feeling bummed and not positive. I've been lazy too. I think part of it is the season change. 

Nice you talked to your kids. Nice you'll see your son next week. At least that is something to look forward to.

Take care, Diana

Diana thank you. I know everyone is feeling like I do in different ways.

The virus, election, weather, fires is taking a toll on everyone but everyone doesn't talk

about their feeling as much like I do. I have a big mouth..big typing hand?:classic_laugh:

Please everyone you can come in here everyday and vent.

This is a safe place to vent about anything.

Belle 

I live alone so — who sees the clutter.  Have been looking for walk in closet organization systems and decided if anyone comes over for an estimate they will have to deal with the mess.

I have a friend who lives alone  —— she never cleans .  Occasionally she can be in enticed to tidy up I’ve done it once with her ..    we only got  1/2 of bedroom and office done before her back went out. ( she has ton of health problems  all  worsened by her weight  which I am sure is over 350lbs wears 5x).   That time I hauled out  at least 20 large black garbage bags.   —— keeps me motivated to tidy things up—- I can get it pretty clean in an hour if necessary.   

I do not sell masks,   would take the fun out of it.    I make extras for my granddaughter  To give away to coworkers and owners of restaurant.  Helps her self esteem.

every one hang in  election and covid will end

DID YOU HEAR?   The CDC lifted the no sail ban.:classic_smile: There's hope we can SAIL next year!

Know will be lots of rules and will be a few ships at a time and not sailing full.

BUT THERE"S A CHANCE WE WILL MAKE OUR CRUISES!:classic_love:

Izena...Think Ombud lives alone lives like us but could be wrong. I know makes it

easier to not always clean. We just have to do it just maybe not as much as we use too.

I always make sure the kitchen and bathrooms are clean. But my bed is not always made everyday.:classic_laugh:

With the virus and no one visiting it's so easy to put things off because no one sees the house

besides us.( Our kids don't count. They love the house anyway.)

Feel sorry for your friend, nice of you to try to help her. She needs a housekeeper. Does she try to lose weight

so she could get around better? I know it's hard but could help her.

Nice of you to make masks and give them away. I think Robin who use to come in made masks to.

It's good of you and others who make them because we will be needing them for awhile. 

Everyone have a good weekend...come in and say Hi when you can and tell us what your doing

if anything good or just staying home like most of us.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN:classic_smile:  Sure it will be quiet for most of us...just enjoy.

No candy here.  Usually quiet here not many kids treating plus last few years have

been on cruises at Halloween and have not been home. I really think parents are

going to say no..not safe out there this year.

Will just keep the house dark.

I think if I had kids at home this time I would let them dress up, get their favorite 

take out food and buy them some bags of candy and stay home. Safe and sound.

That's just my opinion, our counts are up to much. Glad I don't have kids at home

so don't have to make that decision because kids have missed so much this year

and Halloween is FUN!

Take care everyone. Enjoy your weekend whatever you do.

I'm single but kids live really close and are here almost daily. Our POD is 4 houses -- son's, dtr's, S, and me. So just 9

I put it on NextDoor that I'm not celebrating this year and received over 300 hate msgs. It's not a normal year. Halloween is modified. Daughter's development is setting up circles and each family has a time / circle space to come into the clubhouse for decorations / pre-bagged treats. People have been told they can decorate individual homes but not hand anything out. They're pretending it's a normal year where my son lives so he's going to my daughter's and being added to her POD. 

@Izena it's harder to stay motivated when we're single. I just ignore the dust when I know no one is coming over. Couple that with weight gain and it's doubly hard. Just like cooking. I can cook for a crowd but not 1. So my freezer is full again (no idea how to make minestrone for 1)

@Belle yes we're cruising in 2021!!! Starting with just up to 7 nights but hopefully more by next summer 😃 

I've decided on a new routine:

M / W / F = dog park + 2 miles

T / Th = 2-3 miles with a climb

Sa / Su = walk dog downtown for coffee in the park (no pastry ..... just coffee)

1 qt water every day

Edited by Ombud

Ombud....Good exercise routine. Nice your "kids" live so close.  Yes nothing normal this year.

I was happy that we could sail again then saw 7 days only.  Leaves many questions.

Like b2b's  are they allowed? I have a few, there 7 days each but put together there more.

My Alaska cruises are more than 7 days.  Who knows..wait and see. Plus right now just

wait and see when/what month cruising really starts.

Enjoy the day everyone...Don't forget to put the clocks back.

Hello, Happy Halloween. 

Ombud, oh, Koda is too cute. Great you have an exercise schedule.

Belle, have been reading about the No Sail Order being lifted. My take is the CDC has made it very difficult for ships to resume cruises with passengers. So many hoops to jump through. I think it will take many months before reg. passengers are sailing. 

Yes, have to wonder what the various lines will do about cruise over 7 days. We have a 12 day but not until September. 

Our neighbors across the street, diagonal to us, had their garage door open this evening, people over, giving out candy. No masks, no distancing. Not what I would call a safe Halloween. Oh well.

Hubby and I got chinese takeout for dinner. Always share 1 large meal. 

Have a good rest of the weekend. Diana

This is the first time in 30 years that we haven't done Halloween at our house - most houses were dark and I think I saw just two kids with there parents.   Normal year we go through 6 huge bags of candy and shut the lights off at 8:00    .... Plus side - no candy in the house (I love kit kats).

Ombud - your dog is lovely!  Nice that you were able to have a bite of pie!

We have a 9 night booked for May ... hoping that the cruise lines have safety measures in place and that we will actually get to cruise.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - My DH's birthday is Monday - so bough two small pieces of cheesecake to celebrate (I will probably have a bite and he will eat the rest).  Jan

• Like 1

I think it is great that CDC has at least cracked the door to start cruising

Cruise lines have been working on protocols to make cruises safe.   Now they need to get there crew on site, .   Crew will need to be quarantined, trained.   Once crew is ready the ship will need to have a trial cruise.  All of this takes time but I am very hopeful for my April  cruise.  

Halloween -  turned out lites.   My cul de sac is in transition.  Used to be very quiet and more older.   Now younger people are moving in.   Means parties loud music , cars all over.  I will say that they are very considerate.   They stopped last night about 11pm.  I can easily get bit....y.  But remind myself they are just having fun and trying to be respectful.   

• Like 1

I think I'm back on track?? Pacruise804 suggested really ramping up my water which is hard for me to do. I know that doesn't make sense but I really don't like water. Still I'm doing it. And my belly is shrinking again 

Izena, I think most lines may have to cancel December. I have no idea how they can get crews here (to SF) then get them tested / trained in time for 15 day cruises to Hawaii.  Far more likely that they will be onboard for 5 nighters planned for NYE and January.  But its starting!! 😊

Jan, enjoy the cheesecake !! 

Hello on this Monday

Does watching the news bother you? I can't believe what some people are doing.

Is the virus and this terrible election nonsense getting to them?  Look what people

are doing. Some are just mean normally but are others changing because of

everything and are they just following along with others or having a breakdown.

What is happening to the ...Good Old USA?

Sorry to vent here but in a way all this can effect weight loss. Stress makes you eat more.

I think us that are coming in here are doing pretty good. We've had loss's and mainly have stayed the same

and no big gains these almost 8 months.

Diana..The cruises will start but when?  I'm just hoping I can take my free cruises. Who knows.

Will never get them back if they don't go, hope everyone can take their cruises but time will tell.

Think your Sept. cruise should be a go.

.Izena...Yes the CDC lifted the ban. Hope your April cruise is a go. I have one then too.

They are starting to get crew back. But will take time to do everything before the even

do the test cruises.

Ombud...Yes water is good. I use to drink a lot more and stopped. Need to start drinking more.

Hope they change the 7 day cruises only, won't be cruises to Hawaii if they don't.

Jan...Happy Birthday to your husband. I hope you can take your cruise too. Like I said hope they

take the 7 day only away. Will mess with  lots of cruises. Lines will lose cruises and passengers.

Just have to see what happens.

Everyone have a good week and we all have a loss on Thursday. Seem like we all did good

during Halloween.  Most part no one had candy. I have a confession..no candy...but Ice Cream!:classic_rolleyes:

Hello,

Belle, I hear you. I was reading about possible pot-election riots in some large cities. My goodness, what is wrong with people?

I hope that doesn't happen........

Having beautiful weather. Low 80's. I spent time this morning in the backyard ripping out tomato plants😭. They actually have lots of green tomatoes but no sun where they're located so no ripening; all they're doing is rotting.

I brought a huge bowl in the house and set them next to some apples. There is an agent in apples that ripen tomatoes so hopefully at least some will ripen.

Have a good day, Diana

• Like 1