Th. Nov. 12th, 2020 weigh-in

winewanderer

Hi all!

Diana ~ thanks for starting the thread. Hope Belle's having a nice time.

I'm up 0.2 so not too bad. One of these days I'll have to get serious about reducing my caloric intake & lose some weight!

Hope everybody's keeping safe & well. Our cases are up here, higher than ever unfortunately!

~ Jo ~😊

• Like 1

I’m down O.8.  Starting to get discouraged.  I’ve got so much to lose and  there is no consistency to the wt loss.   Lost my appetite this spring , never hungry  some times have to remind myself to eat.  SO my  crazy mind thinks the weight should just be falling off.. ( eating  less than 1000 cal/day)   THANKS to all in this group — I can vent dump the negative attitude and stick to my plan.

yay I had a good walk this morning. I didn’t think I would finish — thought I walked abt 3.25 miles and drumroll it was 4.3 miles.   

everyone take care and be safe.

• Like 1

As Belle would say:

"Find your why
Do it your way
Focus on teeny tiny changes

Truism:
"Breaking old habits and forming new ones always takes time. Discipline is never easy, but it’s always worth it in the end.” – Joyce Meyer"

Yeah .... old winter habits creeping in as the weather turned cold. But 2 steps forward and 1 back is still 1 step forward 

Staying the same is also ok 👌 that's me too, Diana

Jo, hoping your area avoids lockdown. 

Wow Izena --- 4.3 miles 🎊🎊

Good Morning all!!!  (Or afternoon I guess!).

Diana - I too stayed the same, 

Jo - not a bad gain.

Izena - Nice that you have a loss, even if you wanted more -- great on the walking.   I find it very difficult losing weight as my body likes to store food ... just in case I never eat again.  Very frustrating - It is metabolic syndrome (also called insulin resistance) 

Ombud - No gain is nice!  

Hope everyone has a wonderful week .. and I really hope Belle is enjoying the time with her son.  Jan

Hi Everyone,

Jo, small gain. Sorry your counts are up, ours are too. Although nothing like the rest of the country. When counts were really good for us we had maybe 2 cases per 100,000 people. Now we have 10. 

Izena, great you had a loss and awesome how far you walked. Yes, vent away. Good fir us to hear of others struggles. 

Ombud and Jan, stay the same is good. It's hard when winter sets in. 

Today we ended up leaving the grocery store with a frozen turkey for Thanksgiving. Had no plans to buy one. Thanksgiving will be just hubby and I. I was figuring we would cook a pork tenderloin or something.

However, went shopping this morning. Out of all our basics. When we checked out we spent enough money to get a Jennie O turkey for just a few dollars. Figured what the heck. It's small. 

Have a nice evening. We have had chilly nights and mornings, 34 this morning.

Our gym is closing tomorrow until further notice as it's in the next county and they have slipped into the most restrictive tier.  back to my exercise bike and free weights in the family room.....

Take care, Diana

Hi all

Diana - thanks for starting the thread. I'm sure Belle is having a great time! Sorry you're back to working out at home. It works, but sure can get repetitive.

Jo - sorry your counts are going up. Stay safe!

Izena - .8 is good. Haven't you lost 2+ pounds each week for a couple weeks? Maybe your body is just adjusting, or you've added a little leg muscle from all that walking!

Ombud - same is good. I agree about the food. I wanted chili earlier today, but we don't have the stuff to make it.

Jan - I'm  glad that you stayed the same with your pain. Are you feeling better?

I was down 1.8 this week which is a milestone for me. I'm now the lowest I have been in 12 years and .4 from a 30 pound loss. Woohoo! I'm also celebrating because we picked our AK cruise, and I told the travel agent to take my money! I'm one of those people who likes to watch all the Youtube videos before I go on vacation, so I have something new to watch if we go back on lockdown. 

I hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 1

Diana - I love pork tenderloin ... I make it with lots of different herbs and garlic ... It is wonderful.  (I do love to cook ... and unfortunately eat also).

Melmar ... I hope you are very proud of yourself ... you really deserve all the accolades and lots of clapping ... We too have an Alaska cruise booked (It is on my DH's bucket list ... I won't tell him until Christmas of 2021).

My back is still a problem, but so much better than it had been.  I "talked" (messenger) with one of my sisters the other day and got the scoop on her family.  They have covid ... their son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter, other daughter and son-in-law all now have covid.  I'm hoping they will be ok.  One is a doctor in NY/NJ and has spent the year being the on-point person with covid patients ... he has gone through all that and then when he is off duty and with family he gets covid.   Life is so interesting ... I keep saying prayers and crossing my fingers that every one is ok.

I do hope that everyone is ok and having a wonderful week.  Jan

Mel, great loss for the week. Congrats on picking the Alaska cruise. Will be nice to have something to look forward to.

Jan, pork tenderloin is really good and figure friendly! Sorry your back is not all better, guess it takes time. Sorry too to hear about your sisters family. How horrible, especially the doctor. I hope they will all be ok. 

We should hear from Belle soon, hope she fun.

Take care, Diana

Thanks for the encouragement! I did it! I hit the 30 pound mark. I'm still in the obese category on a BMI chart, and have a little over 20 pounds to go before I'm just in the overweight category  (40 pounds to go before I hit the normal range). But my next 10 pound goal weight is my wedding day weight, and that's really exciting!

• Like 2

Melmar02 --- Congratulations 30# is amazing!!!!    Sometimes I think the BMI charts aren't always right (I know that now that I am not as young as I was they all say that I can weigh more than the BMI to be healthy - go figure!!!).     Congratulations again!!!  Jan

• Like 1

Mel, more important than the BMI is the BFA (body fat analysis). I once had someone still in the overweight range but his BFA was dangerously low so he needed to gain. Just my 2c

We are going back to red and possibly purple next week. That means we are losing gyms, indoor dining / services, and might lose malls because our positivity rate is up to 4%. So my tension level is increasing and another crown came off. Ugh (I unconsciously grind teeth when stressed)

Edited by Ombud

Ombud, yep cases increasing here too. Hubby and I were still going out to dinner once a week, Mondays at 4:45pm because restaurants pretty empty then but we're putting that on pause. Not going anywhere we can't keep a mask on. Period.

We moved back to red...so far.

Ooh, guess you must get the crown fixed. I have found hubby and my dentist take great care with patients but scary nonetheless. 

Diana

Ombud - I was very athletic growing up, so I know all too well how off the BMI charts can be. Fortunately my scale also measures fat, so I'm keeping an eye on that too. I've got quite a ways to go before I'm going to have to worry about having any numbers that are too low. 😉  I'm sorry you need unexpected dental work. 

Our microwave shorted out the other day, and it's going to be month at least before we can get a replacement with a trim kit. I'm going to run into Walmart to get a cheap counter model, but then it's no going into stores for awhile again for us. Our numbers are back up too, and DH and I counted 6 people that we know in the last week that have come down with Covid. Unfortunately, no new / revised closures yet. Everything's still open - restaurants at 75% even.

• Like 1

!;m Backkkkkkkk!

Had a good time. Just relaxed. Played games, probably ate to many snacks.

Was nice to have a change of scenery and spend time with my son. Twice in two months

when will that ever happen again.  Had a TV of course...How can one man be such an idiot?

See everyone had a good week. Glad we're all keeping at it. Really do miss the people who

haven't come in lately.  Know everyone having a hard time with this virus, how long it's been,

the election that's taking forever and now winter.  Holidays are shot for most. Depression

at this time for everyone.  Just hope when the ones missing feel better they will come back.

Now Don't ANY of YOU Leave!  YOU ALL keep this site going and it's helping us by not having

BIG gains this last eight months and we have had good loss's too. Good Job Everyone!

You know in here you don't know anyone (face to face) even though I consider us friends. It's easier

to come in here and vent about anything..nothing getting back to anyone.  Makes you feel better

to get it out. Like I would complain about to much food in the house and blame it on whoever....

but guess what it's me bringing the food in.  So venting about myself.:classic_laugh:

Hope your having a good weekend.

• Like 3

Belle, welcome back. Glad you had a good time. At least you had a change of scenery.

Saw the new virus cases today, wow. Way too many. This will only get worse because we have people who will not listen and have gatherings and parties over Thanksgiving/Xmas and goodness we are on a very painful trajectory.

Was just reading an article of a physician warning of unprecedented case increases after Thanksgiving. 

Mel, good you could get a countertop microwave. Home is the best place to be right now....

We bought all kinds of veggies a couple days ago. Had veggie soup for lunch today and having asian salad w/chicken for dinner. I think it's really important to have lots of healthy fruits and veggies right now.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Diana

• Like 1

We have scaled back to just our immediate family. Limiting food dishes too. Just main dish, 2 sides, 1 salad, 1 dessert. Has anyone else cut back? 

Still no rain, hopefully Tuesday 

Edited by Ombud

We have also scaled back both food wise and people.  We will only have my DD & DSIL (my grandson is going to his dad's this year).  

This year will will only have Turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, sweet potato, corn, cranberry sauce and rolls.  Pie for dessert.   I will take the left over turkey and make a shepherd's pie ... everything but the rolls and pie will go into that (kids will take one home and I will have one for later).  Turkey bones and a bit of meat will go to making soup to freeze for later. 

It will be good to be with them .... but will miss having all the kids ... will be too cold to eat outside as have to limit the number of people.    Hope everyone has a good week.  Jan

Hello All...Been lazy today but thought better get on computer and say.....

How's everyone doing?  

See your thinking Of the Holiday's. Still don't know what I'm doing yet. Just know

things won't be the same. Thanksgiving doesn't bother me if didn't get together

Christmas....

Even if we get together just won't be the same. I'm not going out shopping and

doing the stuff I'm use to doing.  I know everyone is in the "same boat" if they

are following the rules. Sad.

Pretty soon (months) things will be getting back to semi normal...we hope!

Diana yes we all should be eating healthier but at this time (with what's going on and winter)

comfort food and sweets sound better to eat!:classic_ohmy::classic_laugh: I know..we don't have to eat it. Self control.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week on Monday.  Take Care.

Belle - welcome back. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your son!

Diana - Your Asian chicken salad sounds good. I've been wanting to add a stir fry to the menu for a couple weeks now, but it always seems to get pushed out for something else.

When my MIL was here, we got a big ham and turkey breast and froze most of it. We'll have some more for Thanksgiving and a couple of sides. I picked up a pre-made side at Whole Foods a few weeks ago that was delicious and may try to recreate it - roasted butternut squash with wilted spinach and dried cranberries. We added some nuts to it at the table, and it was so good! Probably mashed potatoes for DD and corn for DS. I'll make bread, add a salad, and call it done!

The kids love when DH makes turkey burgers. I'm going to try to make his recipe into a casserole so I can sneak in some grated zucchini - the kids definitely don't get enough veggies.  

Thanksgiving is our biggest non-religious holiday so we tend to go all out. Hike (5k+), they're already talking about hunting for leaves to decorate table, dinner, playing tag football / baseball / or basketball (I have a 1/2 court). But the neighboring county (Solano) is discussing curfews. It spiked to 10% positive. So we might have to jump our back fence to hike Thanksgiving Day. Am I bad for considering that?? It wouldn't be Mt Diablo but it would be Black Diamond.  I'm just having a hard time giving everything up

The back fence is 8' but we have trees on both sides + a fort on this side and the kids hop it all the time. I just haven't  ... and would have to get the dog over 

Menu: (+ 3 whatevers from kids, probably salad / mashed potatoes / chocolate chip cookies)

Stuffed tofurkey roll

Roasted veggies

Spring Rolls

Sushi

Pumpkin Boston Creme Pie

Jan -- love the idea of making leftovers into something that night & sending part with them

Mel -- great idea for sneaking in veggies!! Will borrow that

Belle -- I may be done with holiday shopping next Tuesday when I'm having the oil changed. I'm really REALLY bad at online shopping. I wind up returning 1/2 so I hope to not do it online

Diana -- I had 2 more ask to come and my daughter had an old friend ask to be included. We gave both regrets. I really don't want to have contact with anyone outside my bubble (or pod or whatever to call it)

Edited by Ombud

Hi everyone,

Belle, ok to be lazy. 

Jan, your meal sounds great and helps to send some leftovers away!

Mel, that roasted butternut squash side dish, ooh, calls my name. I love any kind of squash. 

Ombud, yes, us too, we are too uncomfortable being with other people outside our household. You have such a healthy holiday meal. Good going.

Hubby and I will cook our 14 lb. turkey. I'll make gravy (so bad for us), mashed potatoes and green beans or cauliflower. 

After we cook the turkey we take all the meat off the bone and package it for dinners, sandwiches, etc. in ziplock bags. That's way it's ready to eat after thawing. 

Our county (and I think 41 others?) moved back to the most restrictive virus tier. Things got bad very quickly. Will have to be happy at home for a while.

Take care everyone, Diana