Lift and Shift options

Hi all

I am wanting to lift and shift a Symphony cruise from May 15th 2021 to April 16th 2022.

I’m pretty sure the April date showed a couple of weeks ago on the online drop down options however today it isn’t there, just a couple of later April ones.

Looking at the dates that’s actually 4 weeks + 1 day before the original cruise. 
Does anyone know if the 4 week rule is to the day? And is it worth me calling to ask whether there are more options that those I’m seeing online or in theory are they ‘it’

Thanks

16 minutes ago, newxmascruiser said:

Hi all

I am wanting to lift and shift a Symphony cruise from May 15th 2021 to April 16th 2022.

I’m pretty sure the April date showed a couple of weeks ago on the online drop down options however today it isn’t there, just a couple of later April ones.

Looking at the dates that’s actually 4 weeks + 1 day before the original cruise. 
Does anyone know if the 4 week rule is to the day? And is it worth me calling to ask whether there are more options that those I’m seeing online or in theory are they ‘it’

Thanks

Actually ourusualbeach said there are often fewer options when you call in.

Yes the 4 weeks is hard and fast. Not 4 weeks plus 1 day. I doubt they would make exceptions. Hey at least you have a couple of options if you dont want to go next may. I've still got my fingers crossed for april 25th 2021.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Actually ourusualbeach said there are often fewer options when you call in.

Yes the 4 weeks is hard and fast. Not 4 weeks plus 1 day. I doubt they would make exceptions. Hey at least you have a couple of options if you dont want to go next may. I've still got my fingers crossed for april 25th 2021.

Thanks for the reply.

We are in the UK so next year looking really iffy even if they are sailing.

Good luck with yours!

26 minutes ago, newxmascruiser said:

Hi all

Thanks

Unless there are extenuating circumstances...i.e no available itineraries they are sticklers to the 28 day rule.  I have had many denied because of that extra day.

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nope.  There are usually more options using the on line tool.  If you call in the reps are often under instructions only to offer you the cheapest options.

By nope I assume you mean you agree with me? Lol

We said same thing. Nope is a yes I agree?

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless there are extenuating circumstances...i.e no available itineraries they are sticklers to the 28 day rule.  I have had many denied because of that extra day.

Thanks so much for the info saves me an hour on hold!

Submitted request to April 30th cruise. Happy with that one also 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Where on the website do you look for the Lift and Shift options>>>

Thanks

Under the cruise with confidence section scroll down to where it says 

Need to change or cancel your cruise?

Click in to the online form and you can see from there your options.

At the end just hit cancel request and it backs you out

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

yeah, sorry I misread your post.  There are more options using the on line tool, less if you call in.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

InCan I do a lift and switch from 05/2021 to 05/2022 now that summer 2022 is posted? Or is it past the deadline?

Check your options online. On the RC home page, Search for "cancelling". Then go to Cruise with Confidence link and look at Lift & Shift. 

I was going to add that the Lift & Shift availability and options change as future cruises get booked up. We were considering moving a grand suite to a future Odyssey sailing, but we lagged, and when we went to move it there were no longer any GS offered, only "Best Available". :classic_smile: Oh well. 

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Actually, it said to Grand Suite when we first looked at it. I am not doubting you, just sharing our experience. And there were no more GS showing on the consumer site. 

I’m thinking of the best available that shows under the category.  I guess I’ve never come across where the category said best available. 

• Thanks 1

Would appreciate some advice -

We originally had a cruise booked for this past March that Royal cancelled.  It was more than 1/2 paid with FCC that was set to expire this Dec 2020.  In March (actually on the day we were supposed to set sail) we booked a new cruise for March 2021.   The payment was covered by a combination of the new deposit I had to put down, the payment ($) from the cancelled March cruise, the FCC from the cancelled March cruise + the original FCC that was due to expire this Dec.  I'm not sure if they made an exception to allow the old FCC to carry over - OR if this was standard - but they did it.  We are in an Owners Suite.

We're now not sure we want to sail in March - it may end up being too close to cruises starting up for our comfort.  We're also booked for July on Celebrity - but more comfortable with that.  I checked the online tool and it listed a number of options.  None great - but ok.

Couple of questions -

a)   Under lift and shift - will they still honor the FCC that was due to expire this year?  I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't been following CC since our cruise was cancelled :-(.

b) Am I better off calling - or submitting the request via the form?  I prefer to call so I know specifically what categories are available on which ships and decide based on that - but I'm reading here availability is better on the form.  Will I have any better (or different) luck with respect to a) which way I go.

c) any other advice / considerations I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any and all opinions.

Mike

17 minutes ago, mandream said:

Couple of questions -

a)   Under lift and shift - will they still honor the FCC that was due to expire this year?  I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't been following CC since our cruise was cancelled :-(.

b) Am I better off calling - or submitting the request via the form?  I prefer to call so I know specifically what categories are available on which ships and decide based on that - but I'm reading here availability is better on the form.  Will I have any better (or different) luck with respect to a) which way I go.

c) any other advice / considerations I'm not thinking of?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any and all opinions.

Mike

I have done several lift and shifts, one this morning that have had FCC applied and it just carried over to the new booking.  The one this morning had an expiry date of Dec 2021 and it was shifted into 2022.

I always use the on line tool as there are more options than if you call

I just called today about a FCC that had been applied to a cruise that was supposed to sail this month. It was long expired, and we had already received our FCC for this cancelled cruise. 

I called to find out what had happened to that old FCC? They located it and updated it with a new book by Dec. 31, 2021 and sail by date of April 30, 2022. 

Unfortunately, you can't stack them on a new booking. But now we each have 2 FCC's, if we book 2  cruises for next year. 

I called 1-866-562-7625 and push #6 for past reservations. Have your booking number for the cruise that the old FCC was issued for and they will update the expiration date. 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have done several lift and shifts, one this morning that have had FCC applied and it just carried over to the new booking.  The one this morning had an expiry date of Dec 2021 and it was shifted into 2022.

I always use the on line tool as there are more options than if you call

Appreciate the quick reply.  How does it work once I submit my 3 preferences.  Will I have any options when they come back - or will it just be booked?

And am I guaranteed they will keep the same category and not downgrade me?

Just now, mandream said:

Appreciate the quick reply.  How does it work once I submit my 3 preferences.  Will I have any options when they come back - or will it just be booked?

And am I guaranteed they will keep the same category and not downgrade me?

i've done 100+ shifts and I have only ever submitted one preference and received it every time.

Once its done it is set.  Check before you submit that there are the same category cabins available (owners suite I believe you said)

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

i've done 100+ shifts and I have only ever submitted one preference and received it every time.

Once its done it is set.  Check before you submit that there are the same category cabins available (owners suite I believe you said)

Thanks again.  Form has been submitted with just one preference.  There were a number of Owners Suites available for that sailing (I was actually a bit surprised by the availability given it is Spring Break).  

Just having the form submitted is a bit of a load off......

2 minutes ago, mandream said:

Thanks again.  Form has been submitted with just one preference.  There were a number of Owners Suites available for that sailing (I was actually a bit surprised by the availability given it is Spring Break).  

Just having the form submitted is a bit of a load off......

What’s your March break.  Ours is the 12th.  We shifted to Symphony.