Lift and Shift options

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What’s your March break.  Ours is the 12th.  We shifted to Symphony. 

Calendar isn't out yet, but based on past experience we are hoping it's March 20th.  If not - I guess our kids will have a two week break 🙂

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mets123 said:

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was actually able to lift and switch to a 5/22/2022 cruise.

Wow that's news. I have a april 2022 people keep telling me is toast. I really want to go and glad lift and shift extended. I'm hoping by the end of January things will be clearer.

3 hours ago, mets123 said:

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was actually able to lift and switch to a 5/22/2022 cruise.

It will be interesting to see if that is actual policy or if you benefited from an ill informed service rep as the FAQ’s that were updated yesterday still clearly state that new sailings do not apply. 

“...or-beforeApril 30,2022– subsequent sailings do not apply”

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be interesting to see if that is actual policy or if you benefited from an ill informed service rep as the FAQ’s that were updated yesterday still clearly state that new sailings do not apply. 

“...or-beforeApril 30,2022– subsequent sailings do not apply”

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf

I tried to move from 5/29/21 to 4/24/22 and was told I was beyond the 60 day window (plus or minus a month). The rep then offered May 2022 dates. Could it be because I had five rooms booked and am D+?

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

i've done 100+ shifts and I have only ever submitted one preference and received it every time.

Once its done it is set.  Check before you submit that there are the same category cabins available (owners suite I believe you said)

What's been you experience with timing?  I made my request Wed eve. when I lasted posted.  I received the email saying I would get confirmation of the new sailing within 72 hours...... yet here I am 4 days later and no confirmation and my old cruise is still showing online.

Should I just be a bit more patient - or does is this atypical and perhaps I should call?

Mike

Just now, mandream said:

What's been you experience with timing?  I made my request Wed eve. when I lasted posted.  I received the email saying I would get confirmation of the new sailing within 72 hours...... yet here I am 4 days later and no confirmation and my old cruise is still showing online.

Should I just be a bit more patient - or does is this atypical and perhaps I should call?

Mike

Varies.  I’ve had lots back the next day but I’ve also had done that take a few days...especially over a weekend.  I’ve found that shifts that the cabin category does not exactly match on the new sailing can take longer. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Varies.  I’ve had lots back the next day but I’ve also had done that take a few days...especially over a weekend.  I’ve found that shifts that the cabin category does not exactly match on the new sailing can take longer. 

Ok - I'll probably give it until Tuesday before I call.  The cabin cat. matched - but the ship is completely different.  Freedom -> Oasis.

Mike

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s odd that it’s taken this long.  I would probably call Monday. 

Ok will do.  Thanks.  Standard reservation #? 

On Celebrity I would typically call Captain's Club to start - I'm Elite +.  Often it's easier to get through and they can just take care of things.  Not sure if it's helpful to call C&A - or just the main number.

Mike

2 minutes ago, mandream said:

Ok will do.  Thanks.  Standard reservation #? 

On Celebrity I would typically call Captain's Club to start - I'm Elite +.  Often it's easier to get through and they can just take care of things.  Not sure if it's helpful to call C&A - or just the main number.

Mike

C&A would be my first choice. 

Hi Can I ask a question about the Lift & Shift.   What happens if you have an accessible cabin, and you are looking to Lift & Shift to another sailing, within the time frame, but there's no accessible cabins

showing for booking.      Do they have some cabins not showing for booking for general public when/if you call ?

4 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi Can I ask a question about the Lift & Shift.   What happens if you have an accessible cabin, and you are looking to Lift & Shift to another sailing, within the time frame, but there's no accessible cabins

showing for booking.      Do they have some cabins not showing for booking for general public when/if you call ?

Unfortunately not.  If you are looking for accessible cabins and they aren’t showing then chances are there are none available.   I would still call and ask. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

C&A would be my first choice. 

Ok - was getting ready to call but want to make sure I have my facts straight.  I went back to the Cruise with Confidence page and am confused by the section that says:

As of May 6th, 2020 we have also added the new "Best Price Guarantee" and "Lift and Shift" options outlined below. If you opted into our Cruise with Confidence program before May 6th, please learn more about that program here.

Does that mean only cruises booked after May 6th are eligible?  The cruise I am trying to shift was re-booked in March - the same day my cancelled cruise was supposed to sail.  Hope I'm not reading that correctly - and there is some other snafu more easily resolvable....

Mike

Edited by mandream

47 minutes ago, mandream said:

Ok - was getting ready to call but want to make sure I have my facts straight.  I went back to the Cruise with Confidence page and am confused by the section that says:

As of May 6th, 2020 we have also added the new "Best Price Guarantee" and "Lift and Shift" options outlined below. If you opted into our Cruise with Confidence program before May 6th, please learn more about that program here.

Does that mean only cruises booked after May 6th are eligible?  The cruise I am trying to shift was re-booked in March - the same day my cancelled cruise was supposed to sail.  Hope I'm not reading that correctly - and there is some other snafu more easily resolvable....

Mike

No, lift and shift applies to any booked cruise.  May 6 is the day they started the program. 

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, lift and shift applies to any booked cruise.  May 6 is the day they started the program. 

All done.  Have to admit I was a little nervous during the multiple times on hold while he was "checking to see if he could do it while we were on the phone" - thinking of all the excuses why he was going to come back and say he couldn't do it - but he did it!

So appreciate all your help and advice.  Feeling so much better now that I have invoice in hand.

Mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mandream said:

All done.  Have to admit I was a little nervous during the multiple times on hold while he was "checking to see if he could do it while we were on the phone" - thinking of all the excuses why he was going to come back and say he couldn't do it - but he did it!

So appreciate all your help and advice.  Feeling so much better now that I have invoice in hand.

Mike

Awesome!  Glad it worked out. 

23 hours ago, mandream said:

Ok - I'll probably give it until Tuesday before I call.  The cabin cat. matched - but the ship is completely different.  Freedom -> Oasis.

Mike

I did my lift and shift online then called the next day because I really wanted only 1 sailing and chose 2 more that were not as good.  The rep was able to help me in 10 minutes.  I would definitely call.  Who knows when the next round of cancellations will be and the wait times will be horrendous if it happens.  I went from the enchantment port intensive out of san juan to the explorer out of san juan with st Martin and the ABCS.  2 different itineraries.  2 different ships.  

Edited by jean87510

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

I did my lift and shift online then called the next day because I really wanted only 1 sailing and chose 2 more that were not as good.  The rep was able to help me in 10 minutes.  I would definitely call.  Who knows when the next round of cancellations will be and the wait times will be horrendous if it happens.

Thanks - called a little while ago and it was taken care of.  I only listed one sailing on the form instead of the 3.

The person I talked to said my request got "stuck" somewhere.  He didn't provide any details and I didn't press since he was able to take care of it for me.

Mike 

• Like 1

Just now, mandream said:

Thanks - called a little while ago and it was taken care of.  I only listed one sailing on the form instead of the 3.

The person I talked to said my request got "stuck" somewhere.  He didn't provide any details and I didn't press since he was able to take care of it for me.

Mike 

Lol.  Good news though!!  

Just now, retiredgram said:

I noticed when I go to use the form on royal's site, it says best available..  Will I be able to change this if I do not like the cabin they pick.?? If it makes a difference, I am booked with a TA.

As long as you change to another cabin in the exact same category you may change cabins. (Your TA must do it.  It takes them all of 30 seconds on line)