Lift and Shift options

I started this thread so just to report back

The latest cruise I was able to shift to was April 30 2022. I requested this online, I only requested 1 option. My TA then issued a new cruise confirmation within 24 hrs. I got the same cabin number as the original cruise and my cruises online was updated within the same period. The only change in price was the port taxes and fees. Everything else stayed the same. I had applied a FCC from an Aug 2020 already before I shifted and this was already accounted for in the shifted cruise balance 

• Thanks 1

As a Travel Agent, Lift and Shift has been a nightmare.

Not one of them was done correctly. I have gotten several  "Balance due $0" confirmations and then there was a balance due a few weeks later. One (and I am being conservative here) then showed a $800 balance due. It required two dozen calls, at the beginning with hold times over an hour. Just today, we finally straightened it out. Well, I thought it was...the Agent copy of the confirmation is correct and the Guest copy isn't.

In the future, I will strongly suggest that my Clients take the FCC instead. The reason to L&F is to avoid paying more for a future cruise, but half of my Clients have had their 2021 fares reduced.

It is not worth the hassle if there is no financial advantage. I will go to the mat for my Clients.. I (almost) enjoy the challenge. I really think that FCC is best for the Client.

2 minutes ago, Gr8Mariner said:

As a Travel Agent, Lift and Shift has been a nightmare.

Not one of them was done correctly. I have gotten several  "Balance due $0" confirmations and then there was a balance due a few weeks later. One (and I am being conservative here) then showed a $800 balance due. It required two dozen calls, at the beginning with hold times over an hour. Just today, we finally straightened it out. Well, I thought it was...the Agent copy of the confirmation is correct and the Guest copy isn't.

In the future, I will strongly suggest that my Clients take the FCC instead. The reason to L&F is to avoid paying more for a future cruise, but half of my Clients have had their 2021 fares reduced.

It is not worth the hassle if there is no financial advantage. I will go to the mat for my Clients.. I (almost) enjoy the challenge. I really think that FCC is best for the Client.

Sorry you have had such bad experiences.  I’ve done well over 100 and only  had a couple issues.  

why would you do a lift and shift if the price lower...just call to move the cruise at prevailing rates and move the funds over.

We did a lift and shift for 4/10/2021 Rhapsody of Seas Transatlantic to Rome 14 days. Oddly enough it offered me a 16 day Sydney to Honolulu April 10 2022 on Ovation of Seas, which was priced at about three times my cruise. I submitted the request and it was excepted. Price protected, only a small increase for higher port charges. 

Edited by Suncoastsailors
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Suncoastsailors said:

We did a lift and shift for 4/10/2021 Rhapsody of Seas Transatlantic to Rome 14 days. Oddly enough it offered me a 16 day Sydney to Honolulu April 10 2022 on Ovation of Seas, which was priced at about three times my cruise. I submitted the request and it was excepted. Price protected, only a small increase for higher port charges. 

That's fantastic.  Congratulations.

Lift and shift worked out very well for us as well - significant savings over us having to rebook (although not quite as good a 3X savings).

Mike

I called C&A to Lift and Shift my January 9 cruise on Monday. Because I had not yet received email approval by this morning I logged in to my RCI account and there it was on my future cruise list. I promptly called for a better cabin since they had assigned us a Junior Suite next to the forward elevator lobby and got an aft JS.

The old cruise was Enchantment 7 nights, San Juan and the new one is Explorer 7 nights, San Juan. We had already booked a friends' group cruise for Jan 2022 on Norwegian Epic out of San Juan and now we're going side-to-side.