Legend Booked

sparks1093

Well, we dropped the hammer on a Legend cruise that is scheduled for 2/20/2022. I'm hopeful that one way or another things are better by then. It's a standard Bahamas cruise out of Baltimore that we've been on many times before, but we finally get to see Half Moon Cay. I understand that Legend is the same class as Pride but with some differences, so if you've sailed on both ships what are the differences? Anything we should know about Legend or be on the look out for?

7 hours ago, tinleypark andy said:

Legend does not have an outdoor screen. Been on the Legend four times, biggest thing he is missing IMO. Pride has one. 

Yes, watching a movie up on deck is relaxing (if one can find a chair, anyway). Hopefully they will be adding one during the aforementioned drydock.

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Legend has a dry dock scheduled for 4/10/21-5/16/21

Thanks, I'm glad we didn't pick a sailing right after a dry dock🙂, I've heard that those can be interesting. (Of course they could end up rescheduling because of COVID.)

58 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Thanks, I'm glad we didn't pick a sailing right after a dry dock🙂, I've heard that those can be interesting. (Of course they could end up rescheduling because of COVID.)

She is scheduled to do the season in Europe.  The operative word is scheduled. We are on her for a Greek island cruise 10/4/21.   

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes sailing after dry dock can be very interesting. We did the first cruise after dry dock on Pride and every person on board ended up with $200 refundable OBC.

Laura

• Like 1

A little envy here - we were supposed to board the Legend on 12/6!  We're now rebooked for the Pride in 12/2021, but the Legend is the one we were in love with.  Sure, the ships are essentially the same, but there was something about the decor that we fell for.

14 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

A little envy here - we were supposed to board the Legend on 12/6!  We're now rebooked for the Pride in 12/2021, but the Legend is the one we were in love with.  Sure, the ships are essentially the same, but there was something about the decor that we fell for.

I expect the decor between the two ships to be drastically different. It sounds like Legend will themed around different legends which sounds cool (not that I didn't appreciate the Renaissance theme on Pride). 

50 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I are scheduled to cruise on Legend out of Rome on September 5, 2021.  Come on vaccines!!🤞

I wanted to book around then but DW reminded me that we had to work around step granddaughter's school schedule since she will be joining us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I wanted to book around then but DW reminded me that we had to work around step granddaughter's school schedule since she will be joining us.

Is Feb 20 her spring break?  Or another scheduled day off?  I have had our family cruise over Thanksgiving six times (I think) to take advantage of the three days off so the DDs don't miss too much school.

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Is Feb 20 her spring break?  Or another scheduled day off?  I have had our family cruise over Thanksgiving six times (I think) to take advantage of the three days off so the DDs don't miss too much school.

As long as they don't change the calendar that should be her week off. She'll be in 1st grade and if necessary we can "homeschool" on board.

• Like 1