Sky Princess March 2021 cruise cancelled

californiagirl

We received an email notification today that our cruise above was cancelled.  A second email sent simultaneously was notifying us that final payment was now due for the same cruise!  Question about added cruise credit.  The email stated that we would receive 125% of the cruise fare as credit toward another cruise.  However we used a FCC of $100 each, no other payment had been given yet.  How does this work?  Do we then get $125 as credit toward another cruise or do we essentially receive a 25% discount on another cruise?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Here’s a link to their PDF description of their current policy:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-mar-31-2021.pdf

Guests have the option to stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer:
• 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC
• Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid*

*Bonus FCC minimum of $100 per person (minimum varies by FCC currency: $100USD, $100CAD, $100AUD, £100GBP,
€100EUR, ¥10,000)

Based on their statements a $100 Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) will convert to $100 of refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus $100 of bonus non-refundable FCC.

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on their statements a $100 Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) will convert to $100 of refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus $100 of bonus non-refundable FCC.

Thanks, this is what I was trying to figure out.  I assume that is per person?  My wife and I just had our March 27th 2021 sailing on Enchanted cancelled, and used FCC's to put down deposit, making no other payment currently.  Sounds like we should get our $100/pp FCD back, and $100 bonus FCC, but is that for each of two were used, one per person to book?

19 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thanks, this is what I was trying to figure out.  I assume that is per person?  My wife and I just had our March 27th 2021 sailing on Enchanted cancelled, and used FCC's to put down deposit, making no other payment currently.  Sounds like we should get our $100/pp FCD back, and $100 bonus FCC, but is that for each of two were used, one per person to book?

Not sure about this. If the FCD is converted to an FCC, then you would get the bonus FCC. But if it is restored as an FCD, I do not think there would be any bonus FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Not sure about this. If the FCD is converted to an FCC, then you would get the bonus FCC. But if it is restored as an FCD, I do not think there would be any bonus FCC.

I got FCD converted to a FCC---no bonus was given.

I had them change it back to a FCD TO REUSE  before expiry, so I will be getting the $50 OBC on my next cruise.

4 hours ago, dog said:

I got FCD converted to a FCC---no bonus was given.

I had them change it back to a FCD TO REUSE  before expiry, so I will be getting the $50 OBC on my next cruise.

I have had two cruises cancelled that had FCDs applied (two to each cruise). In each case we received the $100 FCC plus a bonus $100 FCC.

38 minutes ago, caribill said:

I have had two cruises cancelled that had FCDs applied (two to each cruise). In each case we received the $100 FCC plus a bonus $100 FCC.

You were treated nicely. I had quite a difficult time getting my FCD reinstated.