Canada - Greenland cruise

9 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Greenland is a former colony of Denmark and prior to that Norway.  It is still under the protection of Denmark and as such the currency is the Danish Krone (DKK).  

Do they accept US dollars? Is there any shopping in the three ports that I would need DKK's? Thanks for sharing the information.

47 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Do they accept US dollars? Is there any shopping in the three ports that I would need DKK's? Thanks for sharing the information.

I have not been to Greenland yet but will be going in 2022 when the cruise restarts.  We were suppose to be on the cruise last August but the pandemic killed it.  From what I have read about the three ports is that they are very small and any shopping is severely limited. Maybe someone else can comment on whether they accept USD.  

6 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Perhaps foolish question - but we love MUTS and have only cruised summer or warm water (Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii) - Does MUTS still play on cold arctic nights?  I would get bundled up to watch a good flick.

Yes. And Princess supplies blankets to help you keep warm.

21 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I have not been to Greenland yet but will be going in 2022 when the cruise restarts.  We were suppose to be on the cruise last August but the pandemic killed it.  From what I have read about the three ports is that they are very small and any shopping is severely limited. Maybe someone else can comment on whether they accept USD.  

I'm rebooked on the August 15 2022 cruise too. It sounds like there's nothing to buy so maybe I'll not get any DKK's. I can always use a credit card if necessary.  I saw we are both on the roll call. 

Edited by cruzsnooze