Booking a less expensive cruise with FCC

KST22700

1 minute ago, hurricane0226 said:

We had a Nov 2020 cruise canceled, and rebooked a cheaper cruise for March 2021, using

the FCC, and OBC. The difference was refunded to my Credit card we used to book the

original cruise, Hope that helps, we did use a PVP, and she always seems to take care

of us.

That is good news.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, KST22700 said:

Does anyone know how it would be handled by Carnival if a cruise booked with a FCC that was cancelled is used on a less expensive cruise?  Would the difference be refunded to your credit card ?

The two cruises we booked this week due to two January cancellations were both slightly less than original cruises and PVP added the difference to our OBCs. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

The two cruises we booked this week due to two January cancellations were both slightly less than original cruises and PVP added the difference to our OBCs. 

This is mostly what I've seen posted.

Lol unfortunately each cruise I rebook is more than the last. Have not had the chance to find out.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

...unfortunately each cruise I rebook is more than the last.

The prior cruises I rebooked were also more than original cruises, this is first time I was able to find two that were a little less, have lost count of cancellations. I went out to November 2021 and January 2022, sounds like such a long time away, we are not getting any younger!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This is mostly what I've seen posted.

Lol unfortunately each cruise I rebook is more than the last. Have not had the chance to find out.

That has been my experience too.  Three cancelled.  My current thinking is to give a couple of granddaughters lots of Carnival gift cards, telling them it's tantamount to giving them lottery tickets.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cellfree said:

The prior cruises I rebooked were also more than original cruises, this is first time I was able to find two that were a little less, have lost count of cancellations. I went out to November 2021 and January 2022, sounds like such a long time away, we are not getting any younger!

I booked sept 2021 on carnival, because I had left fall open for radiance partial Panama on radiance out  of Galveston but radiance got pulled. 

I have april and dec booked on rcl, so I picked the in between date on carnival and later thought, omg that is high hurricane season. Staying home so much it seems usual is no longer my thought process, or I would have realized it sooner, but any in between date middle between april and December I could hit hurricanes. Usually I avoid summer because kids are out of school, but I'm so confused, what percentage of kids are actually attending school or zoom I have no idea. 

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked sept 2021 on carnival, because I had left fall open for radiance partial Panama on radiance out  of Galveston but radiance got pulled. 

I have april and dec booked on rcl, so I picked the in between date on carnival and later thought, omg that is high hurricane season. Staying home so much it seems usual is no longer my thought process, or I would have realized it sooner, but any in between date middle between april and December I could hit hurricanes. Usually I avoid summer because kids are out of school, but I'm so confused, what percentage of kids are actually attending school or zoom I have no idea. 

We too avoid summer months as typically more kids, but right - with all this at-home schooling who knows - never thought of that. We now go between Carnival and MSC and had four MSC booked, February just got cancelled, April and May and September still there for the moment, so that is why we had to push Carnival to November and beyond. 

5 hours ago, KST22700 said:

Does anyone know how it would be handled by Carnival if a cruise booked with a FCC that was cancelled is used on a less expensive cruise?  Would the difference be refunded to your credit card ?

If you should have a second cruise in your future you can apply it to the balance also.

• Thanks 1

I think the answer is both.  With a ?  It seems to differ a bit from cancelation to cancelation.  🙂  I have had excess applied as OBC.  I have had some of it returned (in the form of gift cards since that was original form of payment) and when your excess payment OBC hits a certain amount (I have heard different things about that amount) the remainder can be transferred to a different cruise.  Keep in mind that in all of that- the original deposit amount seems to usually be refunded and not transferred to a new cruise.  If that all sounds terribly confusing, there is a good reason.  The magic OBC number I was told was $800 of excess payment, and anything beyond that could not be added on a single cabin.  That is in addition to the $600 OBC you can receive for taking FCC and rescheduling your cruise to begin with. Both of those amounts are separate from any promotional OBC a person may receive from a booking offer.  

Our New Year's cruise was cancelled, of course.  We rebooked another cruise which is at a much lower price point.  We were refunded the difference to our credit card.  We also received the free drink package offer, but alas, have had no luck in securing it to our current booking.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:45 PM, KST22700 said:

My most recent rebook was a lot cheaper. Carnival applied up to $500 to obc. Anything after that, you forfeit.  They will encourage  you to upgrade so you don't  have to forfeit.  We also got $56 credited back to the credit card for less taxes and fees. 

Update:

I was able to find another cruise at a much lower rate.  I was given the option to receive the difference either as a refund back to my card or an OBC.  I took the refund as I already have the $600 + $200 credits.  Hopefully, this one will be a go!  

Thanks again for everyone's help!!