Family 2BR cabin on Jade

melissal

Can anyone tell me more about the second bedroom in the Family 2 BR cabins on jade? Specifically how comfortable are the beds? Our son is a 6'3" man, needs his own space, and needs a comfortable sleep. And is there a TV? We are trying to decide between this and 2 adjoining mini-suites. Please helps Asap, our courtesy hold is up today!

The main bed is a sofa bed and is pretty firm, I've actually sailed with two normal sized adults choose to sleep on that bed.  It does have arms that limit the height of the person, I'm the same height as your son and could lie down without touching both ends but didn't sleep on it.  I could also fit on the pullman but wouldn't recommend it for an adult for a week.  The sofa bed in the living room is actually okay for an adult and might offer another choice.  The 2nd bedroom is smaller than an inside cabin, bathroom is the same size.  It has a TV, actually there are four in the whole suite.  If it's close in cost I'd try to stay with the 2br based on the extras it offers.  Many good pictures of the cabin here:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-jade-438/two-bedroom-family-suite-393113/two-bedroom-family-suite--v17572140

we were in the haven 2 bedroom about 2 years ago.  my grandson is 6 ft and didnt have a problem sleeping in the bed. the room is small, but it does have the tv and its own toilet and stall shower.

your son can also sleep on the fold out sofa. its comfortable.

i'd go with the opportunity for a haven any day.  also, if you take 2 club suites, and there is only the 3 of you, you'll have to pay a premium for only one person in the cabin.

11 minutes ago, complawyer said:

we were in the haven 2 bedroom about 2 years ago.  my grandson is 6 ft and didnt have a problem sleeping in the bed. the room is small, but it does have the tv and its own toilet and stall shower.

your son can also sleep on the fold out sofa. its comfortable.

i'd go with the opportunity for a haven any day.  also, if you take 2 club suites, and there is only the 3 of you, you'll have to pay a premium for only one person in the cabin.

The OP did not say whether or not the 2BR they were considering was in the Haven.  We've taken the non-Haven 2 BRs on Jade and Gem because it was not worth $6000+ to get access to the Haven on those ships.  Not much there.

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

The OP did not say whether or not the 2BR they were considering was in the Haven.  We've taken the non-Haven 2 BRs on Jade and Gem because it was not worth $6000+ to get access to the Haven on those ships.  Not much there.

Just wondering how much difference there is between the Suite 2-BR stateroom and Haven 2-BR stateroom.  Considering taking family on a cruise and this would be the choice I'd make. 

3 minutes ago, melissal said:

we decided to go with the 2 BR. It is not the Haven, it is category S4. It does come with Butler and Concierge service, a nice perk. 

I think you made a good choice! Hope you have a wonderful cruise. You'll definitely enjoy the service from the butler and concierge. My DH and I did a 2 BR on the Star (not a jewel class ship but similar) and really enjoyed the cabin. The extra space will be great for your family. 

Hope you enjoy. 

• Like 1

The only real difference between the deck 11 2BR and the Haven deck 14 2BR is location.

Both cabins same size same features - - -

"BUT" it is the $Price$/$Fare$ difference as much a couple of thousand dollars.

On the JEWEL the deck 11 cabins (10 of them) are taken care of by ONE -1- Butler

whereas in the Haven there more than one and they help each other out - gottcha covered !

The Haven also has attendant on call for limited beverage and food service.

The Concierge is apt to devote his time more to guests in the Haven than other suites.

you are correct, the 2 bedroom suite and the haven 2 bedroom suite are almost identical, you have the butler and concierge, the only difference is there is no access to the haven pool or bar.

i have the july 4th cruise on jade and originally did the same thing, booked the 2 bedroom on deck 11.

they  then had  an insider offer of 15% off, and the haven became to same as i was paying for the cabin i had booked, so i upgraded.  if you dont care about the private pool and bar, go with the regular 2 bedroom.. i assure you it's not worth the difference in  costs to book the haven.

11 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Just wondering how much difference there is between the Suite 2-BR stateroom and Haven 2-BR stateroom.  Considering taking family on a cruise and this would be the choice I'd make. 

I think others have also answered the question but we have been confronted with this choice several times and always opted for non-Haven on ships that have both since the Haven experience on those ships is considerably less than those ships (Epic, the Aways, etc) that have the full Haven experience.  It wasn't worth the $300+ per day (over $6000 total) to get access to a courtyard and a tiny pool.

• Thanks 1