Heated pools?

Robin1961

I have been told, at least for the Grand and Coral class that there are heaters for the pools. However, I have never found them to be overly warm. There are still some ships with indoor pools, Coral, Island, Grand, Sapphire, Diamond, Majestic

We were b2b on the Sky TA Nov 2019.  The Sky has 2 large pools beside one another.  One was noticeably warmer than the other which was quite cool due to weather, especially at the beginning of the cruises.  I assumed the warmer one was slightly heated.

Ships with enclosed pools (Grand class et al) are covered with a glass dome that allows the sun to beam down on the pool while the heated area helps to sustain that warming making the pools appear to be heated.  As a scuba diver one quickly learns about the thermocline where the water can be warm and then all of a sudden it is cold.  The sun can only reach so far into the depth warming the water.  A pool is not too different in that the more shallow the pool, the quicker it will warm up.  The other point is that the more warm bodies that in the pool, the warmer it will become.  

• 2 weeks later...