Venis Hotels 2021

kentrav

Hello all,

My wife and I are taking a 10 day cruise out of Venise Italy sept 6 2021 we are loking for a hotel to stay at while in port before the cruise. We are wondering  is it best to stay at a Hotel like the Crown Plaza Venise about twenty minute out or somewhere closer to the port . We are looking to spend about 225-250 Canadian a night for the stay  . THis is our first time in venise and I am trying to make it as smooth and enjoyable as possible without breaking the bank ,I know it may be a big ask but if anyone has a suggestion it would be appreciated.

Strongly suggest hotel in Venice. Check how easy it will be to go from airport to hotel - from hotel to city and from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

I did stay at JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa is located at the man-made Isola delle Rose.

Took the Alilaguna water bus from airport to center and also water bus to their cruise pier.

Since JW Marriott is located on an island we did take a shuttle boat from Venice center to the hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at Hilton Stucky.  It sits on its own island across from the cruise port.  They provide free shuttle service to St. marks square every hour.  You can take a water taxi from hotel to cruise port; it is 2 euros and they store your luggage on the ferry.  

Staying in Venice proper would be my first choice.   How much luggage will you have ?  If it's more than you can easily handle over a few blocks, a hotel near Piazzale Roma would be the easiest location within Venice, but you pay for that convenience.  Price the hotels in this link for your travel dates, specifically the hotels with 0 or 1 bridge to cross.

'How Many Bridges?' hotel listings for Piazzale Roma | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

If they are beyond your budget, consider a hotel in Mestre near the train station.  Mestre is the last stop on the mainland before Venice; there's a 3 mile causeway that connects the 2, so an easy commute by train or bus ( less than 10 minutes and about 2 E's ).  

Hotels near Venezia Mestre Railroad Station | Venice for Visitors (europeforvisitors.com)

• Like 1