B2B allowed by CDC

weregoingcruising

1 hour ago, miched said:

We had a B2B cruise scheduled on the Infinity in Nov 2021.     It was recently changed to one cruise on the Summit and the other on the Infinity.   It is leaving form the same port, we just have to change ships.  I guess it is a blessing as it isn’t a B2B but a side by side.   The only reason we booked it was for the fantastic deal for a SS, not more than $200/day pp with all the perks plus more SBC over the $300.   They are both 5 day cruises going to the same ports.  We don’t care as we are in a SS and will enjoy the experience and perks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Interesting. Since Celebrity made this change to a SBS are they going to handle the luggage transfer from ship to ship and are they providing you with transportation from ship to ship?  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Interesting. Since Celebrity made this change to a SBS are they going to handle the luggage transfer from ship to ship and are they providing you with transportation from ship to ship?  

We did a side by side a few years ago.  They were no help.  We had to transport our luggage to the other terminal and then wait until the doors were open.  It was a cluster muster.   The baggage handlers wouldn’t take our baggage because they were helping those disembarking and weren’t set up to receive luggage 

We were told we could stay on the ship until noon.  Wrong we were basically kicked off at 9:30.   Everything was shutdown.  We had the premium drink pack and couldn’t get any drinks including a coffee as  everything was shut down to prepare for the next cruise, and that is basically what happens doing a B2B .  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, miched said:

We did a side by side a few years ago.  They were no help.  We had to transport our luggage to the other terminal and then wait until the doors were open.  It was a cluster muster.   The baggage handlers wouldn’t take our baggage because they were helping those disembarking and weren’t set up to receive luggage 

We were told we could stay on the ship until noon.  Wrong we were basically kicked off at 9:30.   Everything was shutdown.  We had the premium drink pack and couldn’t get any drinks including a coffee as  everything was shut down to prepare for the next cruise, and that is basically what happens doing a B2B .  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks. That did sound like a cluster muster. I would hope that your upcoming SBS is handled differently due to Celebrity making the change and not you initially booking the cruises as a B2B and not a SBS. 

I was just able to book a B2B on the Apex in February 2022.  Went thru one of the popular online TA's , was able to book the first one online, and it wouldn't let me book the second because the booking engine saw it as duplicate booking. Talk to the TA the next day (miracle of miracles - they are sooooo busy now) and he was able to get me on the second one.  I asked him about the CDC rules, but he wasn't aware of any.   ?????  Anyway, we have reservations!

When the first cruises started in Europe under very similar rules, b2bs were not allowed. Plus they started with 3 and 4 nights only. 

After the first two months or so longer cruises became available and b2bs were allowed. 

I am pretty sure we’ll see the same development with American cruise lines.

• Thanks 1