B2B allowed by CDC

weregoingcruising

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

There is nothing in the CDC guidelines that specifically rules out B2B cruises.  I am not saying that necessarily means they will be ok - so much of this stuff is subject to interpretation, as well as change

Well, the do currently have a 7 day rule in place.  But as said, this could be subject to interpretation.

I'm also wondering about TAs arriving before the Nov 1 deadline.  We're supposed to be on one arriving Oct 30...which will of course be a 15 day sailing, though originating in Southampton, not in the U.S.  Will we be allowed to dock 2 days before the deadline is up?

We are also anxious on the status of BTB's as we are schedule for a March 27 & April 3, 2021 on Apex.  Approaching the 90 day mark and I have not heard any updates from the CDC or Celebrity.  Guess I will find out when I find out. 

On 12/23/2020 at 4:19 PM, marieps said:

I'm also wondering about TAs arriving before the Nov 1 deadline.  We're supposed to be on one arriving Oct 30...which will of course be a 15 day sailing, though originating in Southampton, not in the U.S.  Will we be allowed to dock 2 days before the deadline is up?

I believe this is why some of the TAs ending in the US haven’t been posted yet. They are waiting for a CDC response to their inquiry.

We also have a b2b with a TA coming from Europe and arriving after November 1, 2021.  I will get my vaccination this month unless something happens.  I really, really, really want to go, but also realize that it might not happen...

The CDC wanted cruising halted until April last October.  They were overruled by the White House.  Not political, but reality that in a couple weeks all the prior players will be changed.

Does this mean that the crummy moving back cruises month by month will stop and a date that makes sense is put in place or status quo?

Does it mean the CDC will make the current guidelines into rules?  Change them at all?

Am sure some have forgotten the guidelines have not been reviewed in months.

I would think some changes are likely.  Some clarity and metrics to measure when cruising will resume from US ports along with other requirements.

What the CDC cannot rule on is what happens with foreign ports.  Remember Canada has closed their border for 9 months with relatively few COVID cases.  Most of Europe has closed due to large COVID load.  Last, testing to avoid COVID on board doesn't work as shown by the under 200 people on Sea Dream.

Vaccines will change everything.  By May we should be cruising with certain rules in place, including proof of vaccination against Covid-19.  That’s the only way the CDC will allow cruise companies to operate - proof that everyone aboard, both guests and crew, are vaccinated against Covid-19. 

I wouldn’t worry about any B2B, I’m not worried about mine in late September/early October.  The only cruise I’m unsure of is one in late March of this year.  I really doubt we’ll have our vaccines by then.  When they cancel I’ll take FCC and book another.  

We had a B2B cruise scheduled on the Infinity in Nov 2021.     It was recently changed to one cruise on the Summit and the other on the Infinity.   It is leaving form the same port, we just have to change ships.  I guess it is a blessing as it isn’t a B2B but a side by side.   The only reason we booked it was for the fantastic deal for a SS, not more than $200/day pp with all the perks plus more SBC over the $300.   They are both 5 day cruises going to the same ports.  We don’t care as we are in a SS and will enjoy the experience and perks.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅