Cancelation notification

43 minutes ago, hometoosoon said:

How long does it take to get the official notice of cancellation? We have been assuming it would be canceled (Feb 21 sailing) but only know it’s happening because we looked. 

Here’s to hoping we can go somewhere next year!!

Hes sying if you booked with a TA it might have gone to them.

If you were booked feb 2021, you are cancelled. If you dont want a fcc and want a refund I'd be contacting whomever you booked with.

I've had a cruise cancelled and rcl never emailed and yes I checked spam. Sometimes the emails just dont arrive. 

16 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

How long does it take to get the official notice of cancellation? We have been assuming it would be canceled (Feb 21 sailing) but only know it’s happening because we looked. 

If you want a cash refund you have to call by 12.31 to request otherwise they will issue you a fcc.   You might be able to do a L&S for a 2022 sailing.  You should call them today, if you can.

19 hours ago, hometoosoon said:

We also are waiting for our 2/28 rccl said we will get a email with info, was also told we can get125 percent for our liquor and restaurant package.

3 hours ago, George C said:

We also are waiting for our 2/28 rccl said we will get a email with info, was also told we can get125 percent for our liquor and restaurant package.

I never got an email at all for my last one that canceled (I did get an email from one canceled by them earlier in the year). I booked directly with RCI.  You should call them and ask for what you want as there was a deadline on when you need to request things like the OBC. I think the OBC for cruise planner things is the opposite of the actual fare. For the fare, if you don't request refund, they eventually give you FCC.  But for the cruise planner items, you have to request the 125% OBC, otherwise they credit the original form of payment, at least that's how it worked for mine.  But like I said, you should call to be sure and to make sure you get what you want, especially since you don't know what the deadline for the request is if you haven't received an email.  

I too had a cruise that was cancelled Jan. 26 Anthem during this last goround and never received a notice. However since i used a TA i suspect she was notified. (she didnt tell me though till i asked her around dec. 7. )What really kicks my butt though is the window of opportunity for a lift and shift was  Dec2 through Dec 16 . 2 weeks !!!!

Was never notified of that deadline and thought i had some time to review all my options. Nope.....this diamond member is annoyed as Royal has refused an exception. Is Dec 31 really the deadline for a refund request Sunshine 3601? FCC at 125% is useless with the fare increase for 2022

2 minutes ago, dandylion said:

I too had a cruise that was cancelled Jan. 26 Anthem during this last goround and never received a notice. However since i used a TA i suspect she was notified. (she didnt tell me though till i asked her around dec. 7. )What really kicks my butt though is the window of opportunity for a lift and shift was  Dec2 through Dec 16 . 2 weeks !!!!

Was never notified of that deadline and thought i had some time to review all my options. Nope.....this diamond member is annoyed as Royal has refused an exception. Is Dec 31 really the deadline for a refund request Sunshine 3601? FCC at 125% is useless with the fare increase for 2022

2 weeks has been the time that Royal has allowed for all the lift and shifts on cancelled cruises since last May.

yes, Dec 31 is the deadline to request a refund.  You can use this link to request it.

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.45033060.1100918190.1609206113-1005445726.1603969996

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

2 weeks has been the time that Royal has allowed for all the lift and shifts on cancelled cruises since last May.

yes, Dec 31 is the deadline to request a refund.  You can use this link to request it.

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.45033060.1100918190.1609206113-1005445726.1603969996