2022 Glacier Bay

PhotoGal07

Are Princess and HAL still the only two lines allowed to go to Glacier Bay National Park for 2022?  We cancelled our 2021 sailing, and plan to rebook for 2022.  I know I want to do a southbound sailing that includes Glacier Bay, just trying to figure out what lines to look at now that I'm starting my plans from scratch again.    

NCL also goes. I think Viking and Seabourn.

Carnival Cruise lines often will do a cruise or two at the beginning and/or end of season. Cunard if sailing may also be given a few permits.

American Cruise lines also has permits.

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

This is a list of the main cruise lines that have permits for Glacier Bay. Not sure how often this changes. In addition to this list there are several small lines that can access GB that fall under a different permit.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/concessions/concessioners-search.htm?service=crs

I think the permits are giving out for 10 year periods.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coral said:

NCL also goes. I think Viking and Seabourn.

Carnival Cruise lines often will do a cruise or two at the beginning and/or end of season. Cunard if sailing may also be given a few permits.

American Cruise lines also has permits.

Cunard is sailing but only doing return trips ex Vancouver in 2022 

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI was given a new 10 year concession contract for Glacier Bay on Oct 1, 2019 - 2029. They have not yet added it to future sailings yet to be scheduled.

They did add them to their schedules and then removed them. I believe they gave up their permits.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

They did add them to their schedules and then removed them. I believe they gave up their permits.

Hmmm...interesting...I thought they might add them on future unscheduled itineraries. We'll see...hoping they do.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...interesting...I thought they might add them on future unscheduled itineraries. We'll see...hoping they do.

I think they re-allocated the permits. 

They were on the schedules for this year but they changed them all back to different glaciers a few months after schedules were released.

Edited - I found this article: https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-removes-alaskas-glacier-bay-from-select-cruises.html 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4720/ 

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PhotoGal07 said:

Are Princess and HAL still the only two lines allowed to go to Glacier Bay National Park for 2022?  We cancelled our 2021 sailing, and plan to rebook for 2022.  I know I want to do a southbound sailing that includes Glacier Bay, just trying to figure out what lines to look at now that I'm starting my plans from scratch again.    

Try typing "glacier bay cruise company licenses" into Google.

DON