Port everglades hotel

wolft927

1 hour ago, BAYA said:

Does anyone know what I should use as search terms to find a hotel near Port Everglades that also provides parking while you're cruising and a shuttle to the port? I guess the shuttle part is optional if a taxi ride won't be too expensive.

Apologies if this topic is covered elsewhere.

There are a few hotels that offer a park & cruise option...look for one of these.

• 3 months later...

Hello little one. I took a sabbatical it was a good time for it. Hope you are staying healthy and like myself starting to plan a cruise, and try and get back on a ship.

I haven't decided on where I want to go though.🤔

Going to spend the summer looking at itineraries in the Caribbean and Australia for fall next year. 

I'm back.😉

Have a nice evening. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Hello little one. I took a sabbatical it was a good time for it. Hope you are staying healthy and like myself starting to plan a cruise, and try and get back on a ship.

I haven't decided on where I want to go though.🤔

Going to spend the summer looking at itineraries in the Caribbean and Australia for fall next year. 

I'm back.😉

Have a nice evening. 

Doing great...I've been busy managing & rescheduling cruises from 2021 to 2022 & 2023.

Life is good....Enjoy your planning as the world opens back up...stay healthy :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Doing great...I've been busy managing & rescheduling cruises from 2021 to 2022 & 2023.

Life is good....Enjoy your planning as the world opens back up...stay healthy :classic_smile:

That's great. I didn't want to start looking for a sailing next year or get back on CC until I could really take the time I needed to commit to it, if that makes any sense.  

I'm officially retired now, I've been retired now for the last 2 years it's just for a couple of reasons it wasn't official, it's all a done deal now. I was given the opportunity to retire at 57 and took it😉

Have a nice evening Todd

I just booked the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale cruise-airport yesterday for $144.00 for a one night stay November 25 2021.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this location as this is our first stay in Fort Lauderdale and first Cruise with VIKING on November 26.  SO HOPEFULL it happens.....

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Cruising in my mind said:

I just booked the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale cruise-airport yesterday for $144.00 for a one night stay November 25 2021.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this location as this is our first stay in Fort Lauderdale and first Cruise with VIKING on November 26.  SO HOPEFULL it happens.....

Thanks in advance.

It's a very good location for a one night stay (for multiple nights I would recommend downtown or along the beach) and that seems a good price for late November.  It is very, very close to the port with lots of restaurants and shops nearby.  Since it is Thanksgiving Day I'd post an inquiry on this board in October as to which restaurants will be open (there will definitely be some since it is a tourist area).

Just now, Cruising in my mind said:

Thanks for the response and positive reply.  We are SO READY after the past year and half.  I will do as you suggest..

Have a great week.

When you return, come back and post a review.  The hotel went through a significant addition and some renovation (I think) right before covid hit.  It would be nice to hear from recent guests (the pictures look lovely)!

I will do that.  I agree regarding the pictures.  We did have a reservation at a hotel a bit further west.  This topic helped me decide to look elsewhere at honestly the pictures sold me to try and ultimately reserve and cancel the previous hotel.  This is a bit more expensive but the location for Thanksgiving is why I agreed to a bit more expensive stay.  It does appear I made the right choice.

12 hours ago, TTEllis said:

That's great. I didn't want to start looking for a sailing next year or get back on CC until I could really take the time I needed to commit to it, if that makes any sense.  

I'm officially retired now, I've been retired now for the last 2 years it's just for a couple of reasons it wasn't official, it's all a done deal now. I was given the opportunity to retire at 57 and took it😉

Have a nice evening Todd

Retirement is great my DH did 2 years ago but waited until he was 71....they just kept making him offers he couldn't refuse :classic_ohmy:. Me...always been the one managing our home, family & life so hard to say if I ever retired.

We lost all the travel (cruises) we had planned for our 45th anniversary last year but making up for it in 2022 & 2023.

You have a nice evening too.

Cheryl

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Retirement is great my DH did 2 years ago but waited until he was 71....they just kept making him offers he couldn't refuse :classic_ohmy:. Me...always been the one managing our home, family & life so hard to say if I ever retired.

We lost all the travel (cruises) we had planned for our 45th anniversary last year but making up for it in 2022 & 2023.

Cheryl

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cheryl

Yes!! I plan on making up for lost cruises too. From now on especially post-pandemic at least for the next few years, maybe take a  little longer cruises and definitely going to spend more time pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. I try and spend as much time in Ft. Lauderdale as I can usually about 5 nights pre because I get such good rates at KILLER hotels down there. After this B.S. we all just went through I'll never go to Ft. Lauderdale again and stay less than a full week pre-cruise. 

It just seems like after the pandemic vacations are few and far between, so when I get one my ass is going on a VACATION. Yes ma'am, I look like I fell off a turnip truck, but I  didn't😉.

I still can't believe I'm retired it's so wonderful I almost feel guilty, but I don't feel that guilty😁. That feeling guilty I was idiot, never again. 

Have you ever heard the old saying "he wouldn't work in a pie factory " thats me!! 

I broke my ass for 35 years, never again. 

BTW if your at home taking care of the house the family and the whole shabang YOU have to be the one to take a step back or you'll never stop, don't do that. 

I've learned a lot during this reset, I feel like after 58 years I'm finally figuring out what's really important in my life. I needed that, I was completely caught up in the rat race it almost cost me my life. 

I didn't mean to ramble as you well know I do that from time to time.🙂

Have a nice evening stay safe and stay healthy we all have a lot to look forward to. Have a good night I'm going get some sleep. Take care Todd

Thank you for listening night night 🙂

40 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Yes!! I plan on making up for lost cruises too. From now on especially post-pandemic at least for the next few years, maybe take a  little longer cruises and definitely going to spend more time pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. I try and spend as much time in Ft. Lauderdale as I can usually about 5 nights pre because I get such good rates at KILLER hotels down there. After this B.S. we all just went through I'll never go to Ft. Lauderdale again and stay less than a full week pre-cruise. 

It just seems like after the pandemic vacations are few and far between, so when I get one my ass is going on a VACATION. Yes ma'am, I look like I fell off a turnip truck, but I  didn't😉.

I still can't believe I'm retired it's so wonderful I almost feel guilty, but I don't feel that guilty😁. That feeling guilty I was idiot, never again. 

Have you ever heard the old saying "he wouldn't work in a pie factory " thats me!! 

I broke my ass for 35 years, never again. 

BTW if your at home taking care of the house the family and the whole shabang YOU have to be the one to take a step back or you'll never stop, don't do that. 

I've learned a lot during this reset, I feel like after 58 years I'm finally figuring out what's really important in my life. I needed that, I was completely caught up in the rat race it almost cost me my life. 

I didn't mean to ramble as you well know I do that from time to time.🙂

Have a nice evening stay safe and stay healthy we all have a lot to look forward to. Have a good night I'm going get some sleep. Take care Todd

Thank you for listening night night 🙂

Enjoyed hearing your take on things Todd.

Right.  So, back to hotels.

I'm looking for something 11/13 and am rather surprised at the high prices.  Hyatt Place says it's sold out.  Posted question in the other thread whether Value Trips would have rooms.

HIE is $287!  Not sure what's going on that weekend.  I've stayed in mid-November before and prices were half that.  Or less.

I see I could book a new Avid Hotel, Dania Beach for $125.  It doesn't open until late September.  Looks interesting.  I have no need for frills. Just want somewhere to spend the night that's clean and secure.  Currently have my flight booked for the morning of the 14th (nonstop and gets in to FLL at 9:30; I've done this before, even with needing to shuttle to POM).

I'm trying to decide if I should fly in the day before.  Yes, I know all the arguments and often do that.  Just want to see what other options I may have.

47 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'm looking for something 11/13 and am rather surprised at the high prices.  Hyatt Place says it's sold out.  Posted question in the other thread whether Value Trips would have rooms.

HIE is $287!  Not sure what's going on that weekend.  I've stayed in mid-November before and prices were half that.  Or less.

It's the rescheduled Tortuga Music Festival (usually held in mid April but canceled in 2020 and postponed until November in 2021).  It is a huge event.  Hotels will sell out even with the higher prices.

https://www.tortugamusicfestival.com/

Added:  I was curious and checked which hotels have 'partnered' with them this year.  Check out 'hotels' on the link above. 

Edited by capriccio

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I see I could book a new Avid Hotel, Dania Beach for $125.  It doesn't open until late September.  Looks interesting.  I have no need for frills. Just want somewhere to spend the night that's clean and secure.  Currently have my flight booked for the morning of the 14th (nonstop and gets in to FLL at 9:30; I've done this before, even with needing to shuttle to POM).

I'm trying to decide if I should fly in the day before.  Yes, I know all the arguments and often do that.  Just want to see what other options I may have.

Perhaps try Hyatt Place for 2 nights...this can sometimes make a difference. Also the Hyatt in Dania Beach too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

If you look at almost any hotel in a tourist area from now through next spring you will see Hotel prices have almost doubled from pre-pandemic.  Beach hotels in my area that were going for around $300 a night before Covid are now asking 0ver $600 and most are sold out every weekend.  I have a bunch of Hilton points that I used to book the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale for next February and the points required were up over 50% from 2019.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, Cruising in my mind said:

Just an added note, I did have to "negotiate" with reservation.  The beginning cost was almost $200.00 for the one night. 👍 🚢

That's way too much your killing yourself. 

HOTWIRE. $200 a nite on Hotwire your in the W on the  beach or up on the deck pounding vodka martinis. You went left straighten it back up, your off yes prices went up, everything is going Up (or DOWN)🙃 depending of course on how your look at it. 

Embassy Suites on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale I'll pretend I didn't read that.🙄

I'd stay at the  Hyatt Place😁😉 all day and night long before I would stay in an Embassy. 

OMG that's really funny!!

On 6/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, Ashland said:

Perhaps try Hyatt Place for 2 nights...this can sometimes make a difference. Also the Hyatt in Dania Beach 

I'm dying!! I needed this!! Your loyalty is admirable to say the least, awesome. 👍

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, NCTribeFan said:

Hey Clyde

I stayed in The Hyatt  Place when it was PACKED, given the choice to either stay at the Hyatt Place or pitch a tent out in Total Wines and More parking lot for a  couple of nights, I would have taken the parking lot all day and night long. The hotels you mentioned BLOW, if those hotels are what you had in mind pre cruise hmmmmmm, they're a Days Inn down in Miami Gardens and  a Motel 6 right beside it with your name all over both of them. Go get 'em killa. 

On 6/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, NCTribeFan said:

You don't know what a hotel is. Go back to sleep.😴😴😴😴