France and Spain May 2022

Steddiguy

Well after booking first cruises twice before and having plans cancelled (first for personal reasons and second due to coronavirus) we have put a deposit on another cruise. Third time lucky maybe? Anthem of the Seas France and Spain cruise in May 2022 from Southampton. Although after seeing the state of the country in the last 2 weeks I am starting to wonder if we will even be out of this mess by then lol (speaking as a registered nurse of 30 years). We followed the advice of cruise experts on YouTube to cruise from our home country and pick a route close to home. Also I chose this route because it visits Le Havre and I know my partner wants to visit the D-Day beaches. We will keep our eyes on the situation and if we feel it's not safe then obviously we will stay home but fingers crossed for May 2022!

• Like 1

I'm hoping there may be cruises ex UK this summer or autumn, all be it maybe with restrictions. We haven't got anything booked and cruises ex UK are very expensive this year 

We will wait to see if the situation improves and if the prices drop before commenting ourselves. We have two lots of FCC to use before April 2022 but there typically aren't any cruises ex UK over winter with Royal Caribbean, so in reality would need to use them by October unless we travel abroad. A lot would depend on travel advice from the foreign office and if we are covered by our travel insurance company. 

Thank you to you and all your colleagues who are battling on the front line. My heart goes out to all of you with the huge spike in covid cases. 

Sue

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steddiguy said:

... Anthem of the Seas France and Spain cruise in May 2022 from Southampton...

@Steddiguy

Howdy! emo22.gif

Wanted to let you know the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date will be the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread, especially ones that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before.

Also, the Roll Call thread for your cruise is the only place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions, transportation etc. with each other to 💲ave money. That is if they are allowed by then. There is a "captive audience" since you are all sailing together! emo3.gif You will receive a much better response to your share request if you take some time to read the entire Roll Call thread, post an introductory post about yourself, and continue on with more posts back and forth to get to know the other thread members and allow them to get to know you first before you post your share request. That is the spirit of our Roll Calls. emo34.gif

To explain our Roll Calls and finding the Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call if one has not been started for your cruise. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships.

Please make sure you register on the RCI website at https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do for the Meet & Mingle party hosted by RCI. For more information about the party see https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/royalcaribbean/.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Everyone is an expert, until they're not.

Biker, who is sticking to his pledge to not book anything until cruising resumes to "normalcy".

Biker has posted the above several times since the pandemic broke out back in March.

Whether you're a cruise addict or not, this has been the #1 best advice on this forum....

in my very sincere non-expert opinion.

Edited by Hoopster95

24 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Biker has posted the above several times since the pandemic broke out back in March.

Whether you're a cruise addict or not, this has been the #1 best advice on this forum....

in my very sincere non-expert opinion.

To each their own but there have been many great deals that many don’t want to pass up.  Sure, some might not sail but some might.  If you are smart in how you book them (refundable) or if you have to book NRD (suite) as long as you have room to use the potential FCC there is nothing to lose.  I’m not going to pass up some great prices and wait and then pay higher prices in the future. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

To each their own but there have been many great deals that many don’t want to pass up.  Sure, some might not sail but some might.  If you are smart in how you book them (refundable) or if you have to book NRD (suite) as long as you have room to use the potential FCC there is nothing to lose.  I’m not going to pass up some great prices and wait and then pay higher prices in the future. 

Same here good advice