Using FCCs When Cruising Resumes

I don't know if this topic has yet been addressed?

If you have cruise credits from reservations made before the pandemic, and you choose not to cruise under (possible) new guidelines, I am curious if they will extend the expiration date, or allow you to then get a refund?  I am specifically interested for those who choose not to vaccinate, should that end up being a requirement. 

7 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I don't know if this topic has yet been addressed?

If you have cruise credits from reservations made before the pandemic, and you choose not to cruise under (possible) new guidelines, I am curious if they will extend the expiration date, or allow you to then get a refund?  I am specifically interested for those who choose not to vaccinate, should that end up being a requirement. 

You will have to call as FCC's prior to the pandemic were issued for a variety of reasons and depending on your specific situation could result in different outcomes vs the standard.  They have not extended the sail by date beyond April 30, 2022 for FCC's issued after March of 2021

• Thanks 1

I am interested in this as well. I have a $1000.00 FCC for a non-refundable suite deposit from an August 2020 cruise. I applied it to my March 2021 cruise, which will not happen. I will not be getting a vaccine and if required for cruising, I would expect them to give me a refund and I will fight it if they say no. 

Vaccine aside, if they do not extend the sail by date for these FCC's that is going to be a huge issue for a lot of people. Some people have kids and can only sail at certain times. If cruises don't start until late 2021, that is not enough time for EVERYONE who has an FCC to use it. 

3 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

I am interested in this as well. I have a $1000.00 FCC for a non-refundable suite deposit from an August 2020 cruise. I applied it to my March 2021 cruise, which will not happen. I will not be getting a vaccine and if required for cruising, I would expect them to give me a refund and I will fight it if they say no. 

Vaccine aside, if they do not extend the sail by date for these FCC's that is going to be a huge issue for a lot of people. Some people have kids and can only sail at certain times. If cruises don't start until late 2021, that is not enough time for EVERYONE who has an FCC to use it. 

It will be reissued as a new FCC with an expiry date of st least 12 months in the future.   It won’t be issued as a refund unless you make final payment and then Royal cancels the cruise. 

My personal feeling with FCCs is that they look at the amount being given out, when those groups will most likely cruise again, raise the price of cruises, then cancel. We watched our cruise dates in 2020 when we could cruise in case of cancelation. Before cancelation, we were able to rebook June to August, then August to November, and finally November to March 2021 and be in the same price range (give or take $100). In everyone of those cases, if we waited for RCL to cancel, the price of those cruise windows went up well above the 125% FCC. The last example was the November to March rebook. The same cabin category went from $2500 to $5600 overnight before they announced the cancelation. Since that, we made the decision to take a refund only from RCL. CCL and NCL prices remain relatively the same after they announce cancelations. It will be a long while before we could sail RCL again and not sure we will. For us, everything revolves around price.